Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night

Mar 11, 2017, 6:32 AM

He studies the players for both teams and calls a great game.

Pretty professional of him after getting Munsoned on the football deal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night

Mar 11, 2017, 6:39 AM

Pete > Don at color commentary , period.

Have absolutely no problem with Munson and think he is a good dude and staunch Clemson supporter , but he doesn't have the ability and the smoothness of Pete Yannity behind the mic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 11, 2017, 8:29 AM

I dont think there is another play by play guy is stumbles on his words quite like munson does. Its hard to believe a school with as many resources available to it ( money) could not buy some guy from another. I mean Yannity wasnt a homer, but was light-years ahead of this guy. As slow as baseball is, you shouldn't be stumbling as much as he does

"...guy is stumbles..." ??!!

Mar 11, 2017, 9:33 AM

Is that a "stumble"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL about resources. What does Clemson care who is on the

Mar 11, 2017, 4:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night ]

radio broadcast. Those listening to it were going to listen to it anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While he may not rock a mic like a vandal...

Mar 11, 2017, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night ]

He lights up the stage and waxes a chump like a candle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Well said

Mar 11, 2017, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night ]

He did call a great game. I really like Munson. He can be funny at times but he does get confused. Names wrong, counts reversed etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2017, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night ]

Munson is decent. I just don't like how his face looks chapped when it's July.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 11, 2017, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night ]

Yep Pete is a boss! He should still be calling football and baseball IMO. Grade A.

Munson replacing Yannity was about as logical

Mar 11, 2017, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night ]

as Munson replacing Brownell.

There would be those who would be all for it, politically speaking,

but the product would suffer nonetheless.

please to explain

Mar 11, 2017, 4:48 PM

politically

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Munson in nothing but a homer.***

Mar 11, 2017, 9:00 PM [ in reply to Munson replacing Yannity was about as logical ]

Neither Yannity nor Munson did color commentary

Mar 11, 2017, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Yannity did a nice job calling the game last night ]

That was Merritt with Yannity and now Williams does color with Munson. Both spots have now been downgraded with the current team. You can tell how bad Munson is when ESPN does their "sounds of the game" spot showing the home town calls of different teams. Everybody has a professional sounding play by play guy except for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neither Yannity nor Munson did color commentary

Mar 11, 2017, 11:46 PM

You're right , my mistake . They are both main announcers but I still stand by my statement aside of that error .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 12, 2017, 3:10 AM

Anyone listening to the game last night hear munson try to describe the run down play at third base. It was hilarious. He couldnt get the words out to describe what was happening. Just listening,it seemed as if the tagged out runner was back in the dugout before munson was able to get out what happened. Sign language would have been clearer

Mar 12, 2017, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Neither Yannity nor Munson did color commentary ]

Does Munson and Clemson have radio broadcast of the national championship game like Eli Gold does for Alabama? Just curious. I'm ashamed to admit that Munson's call of the game winning TD is way down my list of favorites of all the other broadcast calls of the play.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic