Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mueller called Barr and wrote him a letter saying...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 689

Mueller called Barr and wrote him a letter saying...

Apr 30, 2019, 7:38 PM

that Barr failed to capture the context, nature, and substance of probe. Now Mueller is going to testify. Interesting. Not sure what it all means though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phiggy will loose his mind...***

Apr 30, 2019, 7:55 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

already has***

Apr 30, 2019, 11:18 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: already has***

Apr 30, 2019, 11:25 PM

Who is Phiggy by the way? I am out of the loop.

old lunger/p&r guy been gone***

May 1, 2019, 10:14 AM

How about El Screecho?***

May 1, 2019, 6:20 PM [ in reply to Phiggy will loose his mind...*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and where the heck is

May 1, 2019, 7:53 PM

Lumbee

What did he call Barr?

Apr 30, 2019, 8:01 PM

A raging trumpie? ;)

Re: What did he call Barr?

Apr 30, 2019, 8:11 PM

Who knows? It's just more hype possibly. I have no idea. It's some logs on what was a dying fire to get the process started again. Mueller is mad that Barr didnt release the summaries that Mueller wanted released to the public. Barr squashed them.

Bullsh*t. They did the reactions together. You know

Apr 30, 2019, 8:21 PM

They discussed it a thousand times. You fascists should go kiss chuck

Re: Bullsh*t. They did the reactions together. You know

Apr 30, 2019, 8:37 PM

I don't think you know what fascist means if you think I am one. Also, Mueller is the one who is angry. Don't know why you are so sensitive about it though.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

I refuse to presume Mueller is angry about the redactions.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:30 PM

I've heard that Trump didn't exercise executive privilege on anything in Mueller's report. It is my understanding that Mueller, Barr and Rosenstein worked through the report to conceal such things as to keep the justice department on the right side of the law and to avoid revealing anything derogatory about those who weren't indicted.

Reports that Mueller is angry makes me wonder if the reports of Mueller's participation in the redaction processes were false. Seems someone is not being honest. Perhaps it's Schiff or one of the other congressmen who had absolute evidence of collusion.

Barr has a long esteemed career which suggest he wouldn't do anything illegal or participate in a coverup.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I refuse to presume Mueller is angry about the redactions.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:52 PM

Yeah I don't know what is reality and what isn't. Barr may have just spun it and suppressed what Mueller personally thought was important. I am not that into the whole Mueller report etc. I just found it interesting that Mueller is supposedly angry and will likely now testify before Congress at one point. We will see what really happens.

Bullsh*t. They did the reactions together. You know

Apr 30, 2019, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: What did he call Barr? ]

They discussed it a thousand times. You fascists should go kiss chuck

Mueller helped craft the letter and Rosenstein assisted...

Apr 30, 2019, 9:22 PM

them. Rosenstein also was involved in the decision to not pursue obstruction of justice charges.

None of that matters to the dems in congress. This isn't their first rodeo. They are fully aware that there is no candidate who can beat a POTUS who has enabled America to prosper at the levels we're enjoying now. They only thing they can do is keep Trump tied up with investigations and hope for the best.

They are fully aware that if the economy was bad the senate pubs might entertain the idea of impeachment but they know that now is no time to try and removing the man who facilitated it. They'll keep the dem base stirred up but they may be betting too much on their hand too early. There's till plenty of cards in the deck to be dealt.

I believe when the American public realizes that Obama's justice department cooked up the entire Russian collusion story much of the public will retaliate against the dem party. The more the dems push this the more difficult the 2020 dem candidate will face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mueller helped craft the letter and Rosenstein assisted...

Apr 30, 2019, 9:59 PM

I don't think it hurts them to push it at this stage as long as they avoid impeachment, which they will avoid. Those that are outraged by what you think you see happening are already Trump supporters. Those votes are locked in.

I'm happy if it goes as far as Clinton's impeachment.

May 1, 2019, 4:12 PM

I think you'll realize that two years of NADA isn't going to impress the American public. I've seen this dog and pony show before.

Are you talking about the 4 page summary by Barr?

Apr 30, 2019, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Mueller helped craft the letter and Rosenstein assisted... ]

Mueller wasn't involved in that. That's what this news is about. Mueller is upset at Barr's 4 page summary saying that it “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of the report.

but not the results?***

Apr 30, 2019, 11:19 PM

Are you talking about the origin of this story?

May 1, 2019, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Are you talking about the 4 page summary by Barr? ]

From the NYTs article, which I believe is the origin of the story:

“The special counsel emphasized that nothing in the attorney general’s March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading,”

Quotations are within the text of the story which debunk the headlines.

https://www.google.com/search?q=The+special+counsel+emphasized+that+nothing+in+the+attorney+general%E2%80%99s+March+24+letter+was+inaccurate+or+misleading&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS773US773&oq=The+special+counsel+emphasized+that+nothing+in+the+attorney+general%E2%80%99s+March+24+letter+was+inaccurate+or+misleading&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64l2&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It just didn't capture the context, nature or substance

May 1, 2019, 2:58 PM

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

It was a 4 page introduction to the final deliberations of..

May 1, 2019, 4:09 PM

a prosecuting attorney. Barr called Mueller after he got the letter. Barr asked him directly if anything in his letter to congress was not true or inaccurate to which Mueller replied 'no.'

Barr explained, in senate chambers this morning that his intent was to provide the public with a recap of the investigation. Mueller did not choose to charge Trump with obstruction nor did he subpoena Trump's testimony. Ask me why.

Barr gave an example of someone announcing the verdict of a trial. A reporter won't discuss the details of a trial when he/she is reporting it for the first time.

I'm aware that it wasn't a trial but in fact Trump has been tried and found guilty of half the country and Barr said the citizens needed to know the results of the investigation.

Barr also explained that the 'not indicting a sitting POTUS was not a factor in Mueller's decision to not charge Trump with obstruction.

Was it an introduction or a recap?

May 1, 2019, 4:29 PM

Mueller directly refers to a Dept of Justice policy not to indict a sitting president in the report, " The OLC found that "the indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would impermissibly undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions," the report said.

"Given the role of the Special Counsel as an attorney in the Department of Justice and the framework of the Special Counsel regulations ... this Office accepted OLC's legal conclusion for the purpose of exercising prosecutorial jurisdiction,"

You seem to be taking Barr's word as truth, and maybe he's right, but there is there is clearly some confusion between him and Mueller and hopefully we actually hear Mueller's version soon.

and I want to know how Mueller responds to this...

May 1, 2019, 4:39 PM

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

I look forward to it.

May 1, 2019, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Was it an introduction or a recap? ]

I can't wait until Mueller's team members are brought in to testify or perhaps they are of greater value to the senate if they are coaching the dem senators.

Have you examined the 9-0 ruling by the SCOTUS on obstruction of justice? If you do please note the prosecutor's mishandling of that case. Give it a whirl when you get a chance.

https://www.google.com/search?q=SCOTUS+rule+9-0+overturning+obstruction+of+justice+charge&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS773US773&oq=scotus+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0j69i57j69i60l2j0.3127j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It was an introduction not a recap.

May 1, 2019, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Was it an introduction or a recap? ]

That was an unexcusible exaggeration which I resend and apologize for. I'll try to be more exact and accurate. In fact, Barr said it wasn't a recap. However, it recapped the final decisions Bob made and mention that he didn't exonerate Trump.

That opens other discussions.

Mueller works for Barr, not the other way around.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:33 PM

I doubt that Barr really gives a #### what Mueller thinks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mueller works for Barr, not the other way around.

Apr 30, 2019, 9:56 PM

Who knows what they think? At this stage it is all political and we know the Dems and Repubs/Trump care what Mueller thinks. It's all about 2020 for both sides.

Also ""In a cordial and professional conversation, the

May 1, 2019, 9:03 AM

Special Counsel emphasized that nothing in the Attorney General's March 24 letter was inaccurate or misleading".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think that should read Barr called Mueller after he...

May 1, 2019, 4:38 PM

got Mueller's letter...

Fear not, I know you didn't spin it and it's only a matter of detail which may or may not be important to the subjects of your thread.

Re: Mueller called Barr and wrote him a letter saying...

May 1, 2019, 4:43 PM

Then Barr issued Mueller’s report in its entirety, making this fake news headline exactly what it is, fake.

...meanwhile the senate dems and MSM were lamenting that...

May 1, 2019, 6:32 PM

the redactions would prevent the truth from coming out. The truth is, as Barr estimated, only 1/10th of one percent of the report was redacted.

Either those who suffered because of the redactions did so out of political interest, they are prone to knee jerk reactions and hyperventilation or they are fools.

Replies: 31
| visibility 689
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic