Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The way the media is reporting the Republican
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 582

The way the media is reporting the Republican

Aug 25, 2020, 8:13 AM

convention is predictable. Hilarious and disturbing at the same time, but definitely classic.

For example - Washington Post headline on MSN feed: "Takeaways from RNC day 1: Optimism abandoned & more."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Same with NBC "Today Show" this morning ... making sure we all know what their, uh, I mean THE takeaway is. Not just bias, but intentional, activist, agenda driven narrative creating and opinion shaping. Especially compared to the reporting of the Dem convention.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

thankful I didn't have to watch GMA today***

Aug 25, 2020, 8:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm thankful for that every day.***

Aug 25, 2020, 9:12 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Some of y'all need a hobby.

Aug 25, 2020, 8:51 AM

Or at least a new one. How do you have enough time to watch both conventions and the media coverage of them? I just don't get the appeal.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of y'all need a hobby.

Aug 25, 2020, 8:53 AM

well both conventions were all about trump, so i can see the appeal for some.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's amazing what they'll put on network tv nowadays.

Aug 25, 2020, 8:58 AM

Trump circle-jerks and anti-Trump circle-jerks in family time slots. I at least open an incognito tab when I want to watch.

Aug 25, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Some of y'all need a hobby. ]

and some of us are retired (not by choice but nonetheless) and have too much time on our hands

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2020, 10:22 AM

https://discussion.roadscholar.org/b/blog/posts/top-12-hobbies-for-retirement

Aug 25, 2020, 10:34 AM

haha. Not quite 60 yet. 47 years old.

But thanks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not at all. I spent about 30 minutes

Aug 25, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Some of y'all need a hobby. ]

watching last night when I went to bed. Then listened to commentary afterward as I drifted off to sleep. Then heard the network take this morning while getting ready for work. Then saw headlines on news feed when I got to work. Minimal real time investment from me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Let's be honest...

Aug 25, 2020, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Some of y'all need a hobby. ]

They're not. They're getting it summarized by Fox or a fringe site that's giving them little snippets to convince them the MSM Monster is out to get them and the sweet, innocent Trump/GOP with their coverage.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Well, the message we keep hearing is...

Aug 25, 2020, 10:24 AM

That voting Trump out will lead to ruin and he's the only one protecting us from doom, that's a message of fear, not optimism. And fear is a move of the desperate.

When's the last time an incumbent pushed such a message? I doubt any who knew they were going to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Well, the message we keep hearing is...

Aug 25, 2020, 10:36 AM

so, it sounds like both conventions?

??

The challenger is supposed...

Aug 25, 2020, 10:39 AM

To convince the people they need to boot the current guy and improve the situation, especially when he's been a train wreck like Trump.

If the incumbent and his people are spending more time trying to convince voters that they should be frightened of the challenger and what he brings rather than focusing on his accomplishments, it's an act of desperation.

Re: The challenger is supposed...

Aug 25, 2020, 10:48 AM

Agree to disagree.

I think both candidates are engaging in fear mongering, much of it bs.

Much of life is

Aug 25, 2020, 10:55 AM

Rooted in the use of 'fear' of consequences. Not sure another species has mastered 'fear' the way humans have. It's hard to find a topic that doesn't invoke 'fear' pretty early on and not the least bit inconspicuously.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When was the last time an incumbent was running

Aug 25, 2020, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Well, the message we keep hearing is... ]

against a party that was driven by radical leftist extremist kooks?

"From cotton to congress in one lifetime, and the next century could be even better". That may have been the single best, most memorable, most representative phrase of the night. THAT was the message, but the mainstream media is leading with a very, very different narrative.

- H. L. Mencken

Wrong on a lot of levels

Aug 25, 2020, 12:07 PM

-The people running the Dems aren't much different than those the last several years. They're no more "radical leftist extremist kooks" than the GOP is run by "radical right wing white supremacist terrorists". Hyperbole gets no one anywhere.

-There is not MSM. This is a made-up boogeyman y'all pretend is some conglomerate monster bent on destroying your apple pie. They're independent businesses that compete against each other for profit.

-CNN, NY Times, et al, all quoted Tim Scott's line. In fact, I believe CNN ran a summary on their website and that was one of the foremost quotes.

-Scott and Haley pitched a much different message than the others. The others pitched the silliness that you just pitched: It's a bunch of leftists radicals coming to destroy you, and only Trump can save us. It's wrong. It's fearmongering. It's desperate. And deep down, you know it is.

How about crazy St. Louis couple?: "They want to abolish the suburbs altogether?"

Oh ####### please. No one wants to do that, and that's simple fearmongering for white people.

How about Rep. Matt Gaetz? "They'll disarm you. And empty the prisons. Lock you in your home. And invite MS13 to live next door."

Really? Do YOU actually believe that's their goal?

And then crazy yelling Fox News woman: "They want to destroy this country!"

Oh yes! The master scheme! A bunch of crooked rich politicians with D's by their names who got wealthy and powerful being just as crooked as the ones with R's by their names want to dismantle the system that got them there.

Anyone who thinks one party is evil and the other is their savior is naive as ####.

100% correct on every level.

Aug 25, 2020, 12:26 PM

Period. Go home.

- H. L. Mencken

Epic response.

Aug 25, 2020, 12:27 PM

Hope I didn't hit too close to home with the last sentence.

I'm not much for parties and party loyalty.

Aug 25, 2020, 12:55 PM

It's just that in this particular election, the Dems will lead us down a dark road filled with misery and discontent, while the Pubs offer hope and prosperity for those who work hard and obey the law.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'm not much for parties and party loyalty.

Aug 25, 2020, 2:46 PM

You know, the Dems might lead us down a bad path. It's hard to say. I don't have much faith in them. But to think the Pubs--and Trump--are offering hope and prosperity right now is, without a shred of doubt, completely naive.

When you pollute the messages of Haley and Scott

Aug 25, 2020, 12:59 PM [ in reply to When was the last time an incumbent was running ]

and the Parkland dad with your coked out son and his girlfriend, it's easy for observers to come away with a decidedly non-optimistic impression. And let's not forget that the only reason SC could survive the artillery shells being fired daily by the overbearing federal government during the Obama years was the plucky spirit of Nikki Haley which she feeds with her sexual conquests.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The way the media is reporting the Republican

Aug 25, 2020, 12:34 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's DARK***

Aug 25, 2020, 12:37 PM

Why is she yelling?

Aug 25, 2020, 2:57 PM

Lots of optimism here

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1298075449021607941

Replies: 25
| visibility 582
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic