Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO.....UGA > FSU , Especially when we played them...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

IMO.....UGA > FSU , Especially when we played them...

Oct 9, 2013, 11:54 AM

we also get them at home...college game day.......same atmosphere if not louder than UGA...if Aaron Murray cant come in here and win, what makes you think Winston can???!!!!! He HAS NEVER played in as loud of a stadium as he will see next Saturday. Get out of here FSU....come in here cocky....i dare you.

BEAT BC THIS WEEK!!!! I know i know...getting ahead of myself, but im a fan, im allowed to. Sick of hearing from FSU fans about how bad they are going to beat us!!! grrrrrrrr.

Okay back to BC now promise. haha

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO.....UGA > FSU , Especially when we played them...

Oct 9, 2013, 12:00 PM

I dont disagree but FSU has a tendancy to get better as the year goes on and we now have a much bigger target on us. Plus FSU has a bye this week which this time of year is a big help.

at the time we played Ga I'd agree. At the time we will play FSU I think they are stronger

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO.....UGA > FSU , Especially when we played them...

Oct 9, 2013, 12:06 PM

I think we are stronger now too. Especially on defense.

agreed....much better and the young guys have gained a ton

Oct 9, 2013, 12:09 PM

of confidence and playing experience....there were a lot of unknowns for us in the first game that are now positives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, great point...our DL is going to be a handful!!

Oct 9, 2013, 12:22 PM

We will see next week though.

Winston > Murray***

Oct 9, 2013, 12:24 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't see how you can say that at this point in his career

Oct 9, 2013, 12:29 PM

He might be more talented, but there's no way he's a better QB already than Aaron Murray.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen............

Oct 9, 2013, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Winston > Murray*** ]

what Murray has done this year against great teams on the big stage? Did you see his comeback in front of 100,000 + fans last weekend?

Re: Winston > Murray***

Oct 9, 2013, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Winston > Murray*** ]

This is way premature to say.

We should have beaten them last year................

Oct 9, 2013, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: IMO.....UGA > FSU , Especially when we played them... ]

with an awful defense, blowing several 14 pt leads and on the road!

Re: We should have beaten them last year................

Oct 9, 2013, 12:39 PM

yep we let that one get away for sure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should have beaten them last year................

Oct 9, 2013, 12:49 PM [ in reply to We should have beaten them last year................ ]

it is going to be a good battle with fsu. I think fsu is better this year than last year. they are getting better qb play from a freshman than ejm gave them. their running game seems be better and deeper. their receivers are a little different but you could also argue better. I also think their d is playing better. we will play a complete team and imo as good as or better than Georgia. but we don't know how good they really are because they have not played good competition. we will score but our d will have to produce at a high level to win. this game imo is our nc game. we HAVE to win this one to have a shot. a bye week never hurts but we are focused and healthy. should be a good one.

I think Winston is a little more talented than Murray...

Oct 9, 2013, 12:19 PM

but there's just no way he's got the seasoning of experience that Murray has had after starting for basically four years and playing a number of tough opponents on the road. I also don't think FSU quite has the OL or RBs that UGA had, although I do think FSU's WRs are probably a more talented bunch.

FSU is more talented on defense than UGa, and probably even more experienced (although that's not saying much, and FSU isn't all that experienced on defense), but I think they're not really elite on that side of the ball this year. BC put up around 400 yards on them, including 200 rushing, and Pitt was able to run on them before they had to go away from the ground because of their poor defensive play.

To be sure, it's going to be a battle, but I have a hard time believing that even the best freshman QB is going to come into the insane environment that will be Clemson in a week and a half and leave with a win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree...winston more talented, but not enough experience

Oct 9, 2013, 12:21 PM

I also agree we dealt with a more potent running attack from UGA from 2 OUTSANDING backs.....I think I trust our defense more and our depth on the defensive line is going to cause problems for Winston and company.

i also agree but making Winston eat some DV turf

Oct 9, 2013, 12:37 PM

is the type of experience he needs, Tiger D style.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not worried about FSU having a bye week.

Oct 9, 2013, 12:40 PM

If anything, it seems to result in teams coming out flat. Plus, you can bet Morris will have some tricks up his sleeve that we haven't used yet this season. FSU can't prepare for the environment they will be in next Saturday night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Much more at stake next week than what was with UGA

Oct 9, 2013, 12:41 PM

atmosphere is going to be UGA X10....CANNOT WAIT. Lets take care of business this week!!!

Re: Much more at stake next week than what was with UGA

Oct 9, 2013, 12:47 PM

In hindsight, yes. At the time, a loss to UGA would mean that the FSU game was for conference champiohsip implications only.
EVERY game now that we are at #3 is huge.

It's BC now, then we can worry about FSU, USuC and Miami. The schedule has plenty of tough games ahead.

I think we have been tested more than FSU and will be a better team because of it. Let's go get BC this weekend.

Go Tigers!

Winston is going to be a great player, but to date he hasn't

Oct 9, 2013, 12:49 PM

faced top notch competition. I like the way our D is not only playing, but also how BV is adjusting in game. I think this will be a key as my guess is between the bye week and lack of strong competition so far, we will see things from FSU O that are not on film yet.

However, I also think Chad has been setting up plays since the UGA game as well. For example, I think we may see some different goal line and short yardage plays other than just Boyd.

I'll take care of two predictions here:

Tigers 45 BC 24 --- BC with a late score

Tigers 38 FSU 27 --- Mid-Late 4th Qtr time consuming drive by Tigers to put the game away

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic