Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mr. Chase Brice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Mr. Chase Brice

Jan 7, 2020, 8:49 AM

I love this kid for his dedication to the program. Chase would be a starting QB for a lot of programs across the Country. It just so happens he is on a team with the best QB in the nation. Although I definitely don't want to see him leave I would totally understand if he chose to transfer to another school to become their starting QB. He has served us well and I want nothing more than this kid to get his chance at running the show. This young man has a great attitude and never seems to complain and does his job!

Chase is a great asset for our program but he is an even better role model for our young kids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Re: Mr. Chase Brice

Jan 7, 2020, 8:56 AM

Well said

GO TIGERS!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 8:58 AM

I just wonder what happens if Jake Fromm State Farm leaves UGA. Does Brice go home to Georgia? Several QBs at UGA behind Fromm but no experience.

I hope he stays but he deserves his shot.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I could see this happening

Jan 7, 2020, 9:59 AM

Obviously he has the class, character & intelligence to not make a peep about that sort of thing now and cause a distraction. These same qualities also make Georgia a bit of a concern with all the issues that are a constant within their program. Wake Forest is also losing their QB to the portal, which may be a good opportunity for Chase.

Jan 7, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Mr. Chase Brice ]

Good grief. Smart had Fields and had no idea what to do with him but let him ride the pines. Why would any decent QB even consider going to UGA?????? Brice in his dumbest moment would not make that mistake.

That said, I love the guy and what he has done for CLEMSON. If he chooses to transfer, please don't choose UGA. I wish him the absolute best.

Jan 7, 2020, 9:22 AM

I think he knows that he is one play away from having his opportunity this year. Not sure about next year though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 9:54 AM

Hunter Johnson left and had a miserable season at Northwestern. Kelly Bryant was mediocre at Missouri. I understand their desire to leave, but sometimes it might just be better to stay. If you leave, start at another program and have a tough time your chances of playing on Sundays are nil. Another thought is that these qbs were recruited by Clemson (or where ever) for that particular program and that program's needs. I think that transfers are almost like square pegs trying to fit in round holes when they go somewhere else. Just saying.

Jan 7, 2020, 10:05 AM

Sometimes it works out quite well for the transferee QB. Recent examples are Mayfield, Murray, Minshew, Burrow and Fields.

The three most recent Heisman winners are all transfers. I think Johnson and KB’s experiences have zero predictive value in relation to Brice.

Jan 7, 2020, 1:43 PM

Very true.

If he does it will be after he puts that ring on his finger.

Jan 7, 2020, 10:08 AM

He deserves a fine school with a good program to lead and the opportunity to settle in and show them how it works.

I hope he makes the best decision for himself, so far he's put Clemson first. It's his turn and no one should fault him either way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 2:25 PM

Isn't it amazing the talent we have on this team. Unfortunately QB is one position where we don't substitute frequently during the game but we always need a backup able to lead our team should TL have to leave the game. Brice has been a bright light and showed us he is a team player. Brice has the talent and deserves to be the No. one QB on a team. If he decides to leave most of us will have mixed emotions, we would hate to lose him but also want him to have what is best for him.

Our stable of QBs is like having a stable of thoroughbreds in our barn and with DJ now in house, it just keeps getting better.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 2:45 PM

If I didn’t have a chance to play pro ball, I would stay right where I was at, get my mop up duty and collect all the rings I could.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic