Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate yellow jackets.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Hate yellow jackets.

Jul 5, 2019, 1:39 PM

Just ran over a nest while mowing the side yard, got stung multiple times. I’m not allergic but I hate those little mfers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife got stung this morning pulling vines in the backyard

Jul 5, 2019, 1:41 PM

She's got a variety of poisons and traps to do battle. I have bad reactions in stings so I will leave the battle to her and avoid that area.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dad took 5 hits on his legs a few days ago.

Jul 5, 2019, 1:57 PM

He used to be somewhat allergic to them, but Benadryl seemed to mostly manage it this time. First couple hours are where you need to be careful--if you get lightheaded or anything, call somebody before you end up unable to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree... Just killed a huge in ground nest...

Jul 5, 2019, 1:59 PM

yesterday.
Wanted to use diesel fuel bit wemt the eco friendly way with soap and water.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eco friendly my ar$e. Gasoline and a match! ******

Jul 5, 2019, 2:23 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Ga. Tech and yes anything else..........

Jul 5, 2019, 2:22 PM

that wants to sting you.

Those Jackets come out and swarm on you though!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do hate Ga tech.

Jul 5, 2019, 2:32 PM

I got into Clemson as i married into a Clemson family in 2008. And those #### yellow jackets were a pain in the ### for years until BV got their number. Now I am divorced and have a Clemson MBA so I’m all in. But #### those first 5 years of losing to Coots was tough.

Don't bring up bad memories ######! Yeah..........

Jul 5, 2019, 2:35 PM

those were a tough 5 yrs.

And those bast@ges are still living off that streak!

Mowing, LOL.

Jul 5, 2019, 2:57 PM

Gave that up 2 years ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Next time you throw up a cloud of dust do what I did.

Jul 5, 2019, 3:55 PM

I hit a nest in Six Mile once which threw up a little dirt and when I looked down to see what I'd hit I could see them swarming. I bailed out without a chute and headed for the shower.

I stepped nekkid into the shower a few seconds later completely nekkid, not a sock or pair of drawers. As the cold water hit my skin I started searching for pain from the million stings I knew I got.

After a few seconds more I realized even at 50+ yrs/old and 75 lbs overweight I had victory over the demon bugs. Not one stinger hit the mark. After drying off I back tracked to find my clothes. My drawers were in the living room since I'd entered through the closest door, the front. My socks were in the hall and my shirt, pants and cap were between the door and the where I made the jump.

I didn't, evidently, consider an indecent exposure charge had the neighbors seen me crossing the yard working hard and fast to get nekkid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate yellow jackets.

Jul 5, 2019, 8:18 PM

My dad and I would go out at night and pour gasoline in their hole and light them beetches on fire. LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Mayne!

Jul 5, 2019, 9:36 PM

Saw your post and it reminded me to gas a nest I found today...just before I cut grass. They would have got me too! I was lucky I happened to spot the movement and noticed the little bastids. Kind of unusual place too. Just a quarter sized hole in the open yard. I threw a piece of board next to it and still wasn't easy to spot in the dark with my headlight. An ounce of gas and the fumes will get them. Not really an environmental issue. It's always good to move slow and pay attention when outdoors.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic