Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious Question, call it research
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Serious Question, call it research

Dec 11, 2013, 5:51 PM

Why do you hate the Gamecocks? Really serious about this. I grew up a Gamecock but went to Clemson and saw the light. I now HATE the Gamecocks... Seriously hate them because of how arrogant and hateful my #### friends and family are to me now, so that's my reason. I was wondering why others hate them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you uttered a phrase in your post that sums it up

Dec 11, 2013, 5:53 PM

"#### friends"

Who says that?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

I used to hate them because they talked smack....

Dec 11, 2013, 5:53 PM

When they had no reason to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did we have a year long campaign

Dec 11, 2013, 5:57 PM

called fear the thumb after Charlie left?

We had 1st and 35***

Dec 11, 2013, 5:59 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

or scoreboard***

Dec 11, 2013, 6:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

or 63-17***

Dec 11, 2013, 6:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Serious Question, call it research

Dec 11, 2013, 6:05 PM

because they are better than us?

Dec 11, 2013, 6:15 PM

"Us" you are fooling no one.

photo 6y2xpd-jpg.gif

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Most of their fans are pure white trash, ghetto thugs or

Dec 11, 2013, 6:05 PM

the dumbest mother truckers I've ever met. Also, they have the arrogance of Notre Dame with the history of Wake Forest (one ACC title), their mascot should be served fried or grilled with French fries and a biscuit, their stadium and campus is a shathole, their academics are no better than a junior or technical college, and their colors look like what ends up in a tampon. Need I go on?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell us how you really feel***

Dec 11, 2013, 7:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most of their fans are pure white trash, ghetto thugs or

Dec 11, 2013, 7:07 PM [ in reply to Most of their fans are pure white trash, ghetto thugs or ]

One of the most astute synopses I ever saw in print. Kudos for nailing almost every point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An appropriate time for a run-on sentence... +1.***

Dec 11, 2013, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Most of their fans are pure white trash, ghetto thugs or ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An appropriate time for a run-on sentence... +1.***

Dec 11, 2013, 8:48 PM

Passion for a pain in the #### like coot fans/alumni is a legitimate reason for breaking grammatical rules. They could make the Pope use unacceptable expletives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2013, 6:14 PM

arrogance and most are trashy people.

null

i dont hate Gamecocks.. coots get under my skin from

Dec 11, 2013, 6:31 PM

time to time..

I hate them because friends of mine who are gcocks...

Dec 11, 2013, 6:48 PM

have acted really rude and cussed at me when we beat them,

well come to think of it, they are not much better now that they are on a winning streak...

Re: I hate them because friends of mine who are gcocks...

Dec 11, 2013, 7:09 PM

You nailed it. I don't think they can help it, once they have been exposed to it.

Lived in Columbia my whole life

Dec 11, 2013, 6:58 PM

nuff said

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lived in Columbia my whole life

Dec 11, 2013, 7:14 PM

So sorry for what you have had to endure. They have wanted to be something special for an eon, but it just doesn't make any difference. Even when they have sniffed a glimpse of success their low class background raises its ugly head, and people all over the country still see them for who they really are/are not.

What's to like?***

Dec 11, 2013, 7:16 PM

Dec 11, 2013, 7:29 PM

Best to take the high ground and respect your rival, hate gets you nowhere, but a healthy desire to beat a respected rival goes a long way.

I don't really hate them.

Dec 11, 2013, 7:49 PM

But I wouldn't let my sister or my daughters date one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2013, 7:52 PM

Ever think that hate is like a mirror? It reflects what you put in it. Take a good look at the posts in this thread.

Dec 11, 2013, 8:45 PM

Yea I see several pathetic gamecocks in this thread that think we care about their two cents. They are even pathetic to the point of getting Clemson screen names.

null

Dec 11, 2013, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Serious Question, call it research ]

Thanks, Dr. Phil. Now take your estrogen-inspired notions elsewhere.

Because I live in Columbia area. Anything other than maybe

Dec 11, 2013, 8:29 PM

a very casual Clemson fan who's lived in the Cola metro area would understand completely.

E-Z answer for me

Dec 11, 2013, 9:05 PM

Really had no interest in either. Went to a game at SCAR. A week or two later, went to a game at Clemson. No brainer. Been an IPTAY member ever since, including season tickets. Oldest child went to Clemson and the youngest, who is a senior, has applied to Clemson.

There really is something special in those hills.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2013, 9:33 PM

YEAH!!!!
How cool would it be to hunt Gamecock fans? I mean, sure some might be friends, or even relatives, but turning'em loose in the woods and then tracking them before the slaughter.....that would be soooo cool! Gahd! that would release some of this hate.....much better than just sending'em to a gas chamber....how fulfilling would that be?

Wiping them out should be legal right? I mean they're worthless trash.....uneducated window-lickers right?

Yeessssss!!!! I feel it! The hate feels sooooo good because it gives me purpose! Because so much of my worth is wrapped up in what teenage boys do!!!

Wait....what?

same reason***

Dec 12, 2013, 12:08 AM

Hey! Why does the sun come up?

Dec 12, 2013, 12:14 AM

It just does!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2013, 12:47 AM

I don't like them because they don't know how to handle success. In the years when we dominated them I did not pick on my Gamecock friends or co-workers. Now they love to pick on me. I understand that some Clemson fans might have picked on them in the past. If so then go pick on them but don't say anything to me about it. I live in the Columbia area and it is just brutal. I also think many of their fans don't know much about the game of football. I have been to plenty of games and just sit there and wonder how they come up with the comments they make.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Back in the days when the natural order of things was

Dec 12, 2013, 4:26 AM

being established, the football gods preordained that Tigers and Chickens would be mortal enemies...the Tigers being the greatest stalkers; the Chickens, the greatest squawkers.

The Tigers' roars were to be heard o'er the mountain heights...the Chickens' squawks, under the sewage pipes. The Tigers would lie in mighty dens; the Chickens would lie in blighty pens. The Tigers would walk proudly, full of grace; the Chickens would fly poorly, full of disgrace.

The Tigers would be hailed throughout the jungle; the Chickens would be booed for their continuous bungle. Though scratched on occasion by the Chickens' beaks, the Tigers would survive all the Chickens' rare peaks.

And when the Day of Judgment would finally come to pass, the Tigers would reign supreme, the Chickens would burn en masse.

Thus, the moral of this story is enlightening and true: Tigers don't really hate Chickens....They just consider them...Doo Doo!

That's classic and at 4:26 AM very impressive. You hit the

Dec 12, 2013, 4:58 AM

keyboards running...+1.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fortunately or not, depending on the reader's affiliation,

Dec 12, 2013, 5:26 AM

I had my morning Constitutional at 3:00 and was rarin' to go.

Only problem with that is I'll have to drink strong coffee the rest of the day to stay awake...or continuously slap the fire out of my cheeks, the latter of which may be the preference of those of the "other" affiliations! (lol) Good morning to you, my good Friend!

Dec 12, 2013, 4:43 AM

I did't have a choice...that is how I was raised! My dad despised Carolina.

Dec 12, 2013, 6:26 AM

well... coming from a gamecock, i'll tell you why i hate clempson. first, the super gay team colors. orange and purple= 100% GAY. what grown man runs around town in purple? really think about that. purple? hahaha

second, i was born and mostly raised in atlanta. i got in a little trouble when i was 12 and i was shipped off to group home for troubled boys in newberry. when i got on campus i was wearing a uga sweat shirt and was immediately told to remove the sweater and burn it. later i was told that i had 2 weeks to pick my favorite team. clemson or usc. since i was a trouble maker and looked up to hard asssses... i chose the gamecocks. they wore all black jersey's, team motto was black death and the ole fire ant defense. i would read about gamecock players getting in trouble with the law, stealing tv's, ect. i was in love! most of the group home were gamecock fanatics. we all went to newberry academy and participated in sports. we were very good. too bad the academy didnt have a football team.

anyways, i grew up to hate clempson with a passion!like we would beat the crap out of anyone wearing orange. some of his went to jail and were kicked out of the group home. i was one of those kids that got the boot. long story short... i grew up, graduated high school, joined the marine corps, and enrolled to my beloved college USC. graduated in 2002. i will always hate clempson. especially while you have that insurance salesman for a coach. that guy really can put his foot in his mouth. embarrassing representative for your university.

Your Honor - I'd like to present Exhibit A.

Dec 12, 2013, 6:54 AM

You can't make this stuff up . . . lol.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Dec 12, 2013, 7:19 AM

My dad was a Tiger, so I grew up a Tiger. I suppose I don't like the Chickens because they don't like us. It is just the way it is. I seriously can't get my mind around the concept of not liking Clemson - so I can only assume they are tragically flawed.

My boss is a lamecock..

Dec 12, 2013, 7:47 AM

The other day he was bragging about the win and so I said something like win the next 20 years and the series will be almost even, then he got a little butt hurt. And I told him, come on man, have some class, act like you've been here before, and he said "we can't bc we never have" so they can't handle any success or have class. Attitude of Bama w the trophy case of Vandy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was spit on at the 2005 game.

Dec 12, 2013, 8:02 AM

Went a little something like this:

I'm hit!

There's something in these hills.

the are an arrogant, greedy group ..

Dec 12, 2013, 8:04 AM

Every knuckle head with a degree from the university of south Carolina, aka "if you got the cash your in" expects to get $8.00 an hour now. The government says I have to give it to them to boot.
What is the world coming to?

In the early 1930's my grandfather was accepted to USC.

Dec 12, 2013, 9:31 AM

Excited about the opportunity, he sent in his $35.00 tuition check and planned on starting classes that fall. He never made it. He fell from the second story of the family barn and broke his back the summer before his first semester. He survived the fall, but his future was in doubt. Consequently, the family contacted USC to let them know that my grandfather would not be able to attend classes that fall. USC noted his file, but refused to return the $35.00 tuition check. Now keep in mind, $35.00 during the depression era was a lot of money, especially to small farmers in Berkeley county. As a result, my grandfather never attended college.

There was a happy ending.

My grandfather went on to make a full recovery. He served his county in the European Theater during WWII, married my beautiful grandmother, and had two lovely daughters. When the time came for those daughters to go to college, they learned from my grandfather's experience and did not apply to USC. My mother decided Clemson was the place for her. She went on to earn two degrees from Clemson, where my father also earned two degrees. And when the time came for her children to go to college, not one applied to USC. All four earned a degree from Clemson. We are truly a Clemson Family.

I now have two children of my own. And when they are old enough, I'll be proud to tell them about their great grandfather and his lesson will be passed down to yet another generation.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dec 12, 2013, 9:32 AM

I did not go to Either school but the differences are the most dramatic I've ever seen. The coots are class less, largely ignorant, under educated at a high level high school posing as a university, dumb, mouthy, and a bunch of true red necks!

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic