Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most important reason to win and pull for FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Most important reason to win and pull for FSU

Dec 9, 2013, 10:54 AM

Beginning next year being nationally relevant is all about perception. Even being ranked near the top won't matter when it comes time to pick the 4 teams if the committee thinks our conference has never won anything. The ACC winning 2 BCS games in its final year will be remembered more than anything heading into next year. Beating Ohio State and the SEC in those 2 games only makes it more noticed nationally.

The Big 10 and ACC are very comparable right now as conferences and beating Ohio State may give us the edge in future decisions.

In the last couple of years I remember losing more recruiting battles to Ohio State and Auburn than to FSU. We need to out-recruit FSU but we are not always battling them for our recruits. Our recruiting can be improved by beating these other schools rather than beating FSU head-to-head.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats all good BUT, getting embarrassed on National TV 2 tim

Dec 9, 2013, 10:59 AM

es this year doesn't help either, plus FSU,Auburn,OSU is branded and WELL known, Clemson is too but not to the extent of these teams

Re: thats all good BUT, getting embarrassed on National TV 2 tim

Dec 9, 2013, 11:02 AM

Are you trying to argue with me?

What you are saying only strengthens my reasons for why we need to win and why we should want FSU to win as well. Obviously we will need to beat FSU to be in the discussion for the 4 team playoff, but success against the other 2 schools in the last year of the BCS would go a long way to having a committee look favorably on us when it comes decision time.

I refuse to listen to logic regarding FSU. Never,ever,ever

Dec 9, 2013, 11:00 AM

will I pull for FSU. In this championship game I am choosing the lesser of two evils.

WAR EAGLE!!!

I don't think you understand the lesser of two evils

Dec 9, 2013, 11:03 AM

Care to imagine a 4 team playoff with 3 SEC teams?
Letting them hold the title for 8 seasons heading into a committee making selections will give them too much favor in everyone's eyes.

Agree.***

Dec 9, 2013, 11:01 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic