Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From the Furman message board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

From the Furman message board

Aug 21, 2018, 6:20 PM

They’ve literally done nothing in 2018 to deserve the accolade of “best team Furman has played.”

Good time to remember up until September 1, 2007, everyone thought Michigan was a top 5 team too.

The Orange terds will be lazy and overconfident. I wanna hear the boos when it is 21-3 Paladins at the half.

Assuming no turnovers, could be a respectable score.
Final: 48-23
Of course, if either teams young QB throws 2+ interceptions, things either get ugly or interesting...

Greatest defense in NCAA history apparently got rung up in their first scrimmage. I like knowing that Clemson may be a team that are unbeatable in their own minds. Sounds like a group where they have a lot of swagger, but get after them and they start losing focus and fighting with one another.

Knees are an attractive thing to an aggressive but outsized OL......not trying to be Mr Sunshine but I fully expect a GT style blocking scheme.....we will get after them like a 3 legged cat trying to bury a turd !

Yep - I expect to see those NFL Prospects to try to protect their money early against what Mr. Garvin has described. They will be visibly ‘crying’ to the Officials on the 1st couple of series. And, if they don’t get their desired relief, they will ‘check out’ by the 2nd quarter with ‘groin tightness’ or some similar malady as they expect their understudies to handle their ‘light work.’ Watch for it.

Man, I am going to have the old binocs on the O line from the first snap. I never thought of this but it sure makes sense. I would love to see their NFL line pull a "jadaveon clowney" in this game.

Clemson is also AT Texas A&M the next week. They may well be looking past this one.

It's a 12:20 kick. It'll be hot. We're in good shape and our boys are going to get after them

http://gopaladins.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=233

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: From the Furman message board

Aug 21, 2018, 6:23 PM

Apparently Manafold posts on Furman boards as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 10:23 PM

My immediate thought as well.

"Greatest defense in NCAA history apparently got rung up in their first scrimmage." was the give away. It reeks of Manginafold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I smell Coots. Suggesting Furman hurt our All Americans.

Aug 21, 2018, 6:27 PM

About right

Best Is The Standard

Yeah, definitely coot. Never knew a furman student that

Aug 21, 2018, 8:34 PM

stupid. Only a coot could be that delusional.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never knew a furman student that stupid

Aug 22, 2018, 7:19 AM

Their students aren't stupid, but they do have some who consume too much of certain beverages, and I am not referring to $7 coffee.

Aug 21, 2018, 7:09 PM

It's actually legit. I was at their camp last month and watched their Diving Practice...er, sorry, O-line drills.

They run some kind of hybrid option - they do throw a bit, not much, but a bit - but they're pretty much five stocky barrel-shaped guards across their front. And what they indeed do is dive at your knees. Cut-blocking is very much their stock-in-trade.

They also are confident. At their camp they were indeed literally talking about how they were going to "shock" Clemson. Their OL coach, Peter Lusk, is a very nice guy...and also a pretty good coach who's been pretty successful in prior stops, and he knows his trade, and he definitely has his guys believing in what they do.

I would actually be (modestly) worried - if we weren't used to PJ and his option and didn't actually see this stuff every year already. It's going to be a lot like what we see with the Bees every year.

Should actually be a pretty good prep for GT. In an ideal world we put this thing out of reach by the mid-second quarter and have our 2's and 3's in thereafter/

Aug 21, 2018, 9:42 PM

Ask GT how that cut blocking affects our D Line.lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: From the Furman message board ]

I smell chicken all over the posts but if you know about their plans to cut block then most assuredly our staff knows. Like you said our guys know how to beat cut blocks. I do find myself concerned about injuries and can’t for the life of me figure out why cut blocks are legal. Coach V has our guys making GT look like silly belly floppers every year though. I expect if that’s what Furman is going to do Furman will look pretty silly at times too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did that turd from App State transfer to Vermin?

Aug 21, 2018, 7:13 PM

Or is this his little brother?

This dude is off his meds just like the guy from App State in 2015.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2018, 7:21 PM

"21 - 3 Furman at halftime"

I almost pulled a muscle I burst out laughing so hard. They won't have any points at halftime unless we fumble on our own 5 and they manage a field goal. I suspect we will have around 30 pts. by halftime. I watched a bit of couple of their games from last year. Their defense is both small and slow.

Aug 21, 2018, 7:29 PM

Small and slow... hmmm, you’re not worried that our guys timing will be messed up by their small slowness?
Naw, me neither.

Aug 21, 2018, 7:37 PM
PR.jpg(62.9 K)

If all they can do is ""run the ball"" --- it will get really UGLY for the Paladins -- Power Rangers will have a blast !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 22, 2018, 1:52 AM

who is who?
by color.
tia

Aug 22, 2018, 8:06 AM

Green=Ferrell, White=Wilkins, Pink=Lawrence, and guessing Bryant took over the blue Robinson used to have... Or took over Carlos Watkins black (which might be Huggins now).
https://thetandd.com/sports/clemson-d-line-the-power-rangers/article_ec293a3f-229a-52f4-a3db-bad756101ae4.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Aug 21, 2018, 7:49 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhqhqhqhqhqhqhqhqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahjaajajajahahajjajajahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Aug 21, 2018, 7:51 PM

I'm just going to assume that all of these are tongue in cheek.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 21, 2018, 7:53 PM

I hope our team doesn't start fighting with each other with all this spotlight of the FU coming into town! I didn't see it in any game we've ever played but then again we've never had to face the great FU O-Line that everyone is raving about (really wish ESPN would shut up about how amazing FU's OL is I think our DL is worried they've only played great OL's like bama before) at 12:20 PM PRIME TIME so I guess this will be quite the test for the greatest DL in NCAA history! They already know that every NFL scout will go back to this game for their NFL film so they'll be uptight and nervous!

Aug 21, 2018, 8:31 PM

i think you just wanted to type “fu”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 21, 2018, 9:04 PM

Don't tell anyone my secret.

Most Furman fans on the thread know what’s coming

Aug 21, 2018, 8:02 PM

They are just being optimistic

Aug 21, 2018, 8:02 PM

So what you're saying is we might get another 11 sack game this year because they think they can run the ball on us.

If GT can't run on us Furman wont either and GT has been destroyed by BV for several straight years.

Aug 21, 2018, 8:36 PM

What’s a straight year?

Aug 22, 2018, 1:55 AM

str8, yes.

KB won't play the 2nd half and Brice and Batson will play

Aug 21, 2018, 8:09 PM

the 4th. It will be out of reach about 7 minutes into the 1st qtr.

Bless his heart***

Aug 21, 2018, 8:16 PM

Aug 21, 2018, 8:34 PM

Who knew Furman had a football message board?? Seriously, though, every team the Tigers play this season will play like it’s their national championship game.

I thought Furman people were supposed to be smart?***

Aug 21, 2018, 9:49 PM

USCjr***

Aug 21, 2018, 9:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, that 12:20 heat we affect us and not them...

Aug 21, 2018, 10:14 PM

Cuz we play and train in such a different, cooler climate.

??????????????????????

~JKB

that has a cootish smell to it.***

Aug 22, 2018, 8:48 AM

The link to the "ACC Teams as cars" site was funny

Aug 22, 2018, 8:55 AM

Check it out!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats just stupid. Of course we are looking past Furman

Aug 22, 2018, 10:02 AM

Because we can.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic