Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most Difficult Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Most Difficult Game

Sep 23, 2013, 2:37 PM

I've looked at our remaining schedule and Georgia Tech concerns me most, with that unconventional offense. I think we match up with everyone else. If our defense gets a few stops, our offense will outscore everyone else. So in short I think GT stands between us and a National Championship. What are y'all thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

12 days to prep, @ DV, @ night, and Venables' 2nd shot.

Sep 23, 2013, 2:41 PM

I don't see it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 12 days to prep, @ DV, @ night, and Venables' 2nd shot.

Sep 23, 2013, 2:43 PM

Plus our front seven is MUCH IMPROVED over the past two years. Our DT's should stuff that inside run. Beasley, crawford, lawson and the LB's should handle the outside run pretty well.

I really can't see us dropping this game.

I'm more concerned with FSU, Maryland, and SCU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Virginia

Sep 23, 2013, 2:45 PM

But only cause I'm going and it always rains when I go to Charlottesville. Actually I'm not worried about us winning, its that if we don't win big I will have to listen to fair weather TNeters say we're not that good..... and Oregon destroyed em.... Tajh is off.... fire Tommy....Sparky Woods squad is going to dethrone us...

Re: Virginia- gosh I forgot

Sep 23, 2013, 2:58 PM

we play them. I guess I am too focused on the next game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At USUC is the most difficult game

Sep 23, 2013, 2:47 PM

The key to beating GT is tackling well for 4 quarters, especially the Dive. One missed tackle and it turns into a big gain. Everything they do is predicated on the Dive being successful for 3-4 yards. With our DTs, I like our chances

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup. The Coots will be the toughest and I hope to goodness

Sep 23, 2013, 2:51 PM

we roll into Columbia with a healthy team, considering the chop blocking Tech game will be pretty much right before it. And I would hope Dabo sits everyone against the Citadel.

idk if sitting everyone is the answer. IMO one of our

Sep 23, 2013, 2:57 PM

issues at NC State was we were rusty. Definitely don't sit them the whole game, but get our depth some practice after we are in control of the ball game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Age old debate, discussion, battle, disagreement, whatever

Sep 23, 2013, 3:07 PM

you want to call it.....nothing to gain from those guys taking the field against the Citadel except a devastating knee injury that will put Tigernet on suicide watch. I know, I know. Peake got hurt in practice. People can get hurt anytime, etc....I know one time they can't get hurt and that is when they are standing on the sidelines watching the game.

Re: At USUC is the most difficult game

Sep 23, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to At USUC is the most difficult game ]

FSU and USC are our most difficult games. I think we will beat GT. They will run opposite for VB most of the time. This may sound funny but we may need to keep their offense off of the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most Difficult Game

Sep 23, 2013, 2:49 PM

GT is a non issue. We are by far the superior team and they are playing in Death Valley. Come back to me when we travel to Atlanta. Home field advantage is always the difference between good and great teams. Traveling to Maryland and then to SCar will determine our season.

null

Sep 23, 2013, 2:59 PM

Agree. I think the game against SCar is the scariest left. So much to lose on that one.

It's a pick'em.

Sep 23, 2013, 2:50 PM

Every game stands as a challenge. You would like to think our team will come out to fight to get the win in every one. Sometimes the other team surprises our team with its will to win. As long as we have a will to fight we will have a chance in every one.

If we show up like we are "Hollywood" and expect the win to just happen and the other team to roll over then look out.

Stay hungry Tigers. It's the only way to roll.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's a pick'em.

Sep 23, 2013, 3:01 PM

The next one, whoever it happens to be. Judging by last Thursday night, this team cannot afford to look past anyone. Despite the ESpinPN talking heads the SEC is not way better than the ACC.

Sep 23, 2013, 2:51 PM

I am not worried, we are pretty salty against the run and It is at home and at night with what should be a raucous crowd, I think we win by 2-3 TD's!!!

GT, @ Maryland, FSU, @ SC

Sep 23, 2013, 2:56 PM

in that order from least to greatest.

There's something in these hills.

Everybody Thats Left On Our Schedule***

Sep 23, 2013, 3:02 PM

Sep 23, 2013, 3:14 PM

FSU will give us all we want - in OUR HOUSE. GT is always a concern, but very beatable. Good thing we can't meet Miami until the ACCCG because that is the 2nd best team in the ACC.

Sep 23, 2013, 3:19 PM

Tip for handling the option: Take away the pitchman on every play. Make the QB either give to the FB or run it himself.

"Thanks Amikie"!!!!

Sep 23, 2013, 3:31 PM

Thanks guys, I'm starting to feel better after reading y'all posts. GT just scares me, they always seem to give us a problem

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Sep 23, 2013, 3:39 PM

What do y'all think about FSU? Winston to me is a stud but I agree he hasn't played a tough team yet.

Seminoles

Sep 23, 2013, 4:22 PM

I say Florida State. Yes, Georgia Tech is improved and can be worrisome with their style of offense but I think the game with Florida State is my big at home worry. On the road, it's a toss up between our last three road games: Virginia, Maryland and SCar. I KNOW we can beat everybody on our schedule, it just comes down to which team shows up for us each week.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic