Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris question.... his future
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Chad Morris question.... his future

Nov 6, 2012, 2:38 PM

This is a serious question so I am not gonna waste my time entertaining house morons.

Is Morris coming back for at least one more year or is this the year he gets pulled away?

I think if he stays, next year could be THE year for a real possible National Title chance... but..... I got a feeling he may really consider leaving. Would Clemson pay him even more to keep him? Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris question.... his future

Nov 6, 2012, 2:38 PM

He's gone.

Nov 6, 2012, 2:39 PM

i suppose if its the right head coaching job maybe, otherwise, NO... :)

Nov 6, 2012, 2:40 PM

He will only be in more demand next year! He stays!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

i have him trapped under my desk...hold on while i ask him***

Nov 6, 2012, 2:40 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

^^^ tru clemson man.***

Nov 6, 2012, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ark: Yes, KY, don't know, but probably, NC State, yes ....

Nov 6, 2012, 2:44 PM [ in reply to i have him trapped under my desk...hold on while i ask him*** ]

I think he might, might stay for Tajh. They have good chemistry.
This question is really what good job is he offered. KY is not a good job and is not going to be. What if NC State drops Tom O'Brian and offers him. He has to take that. Would he look at BC?

Good question but hard to know. It is about the job, not this particular year.

i agree it's about the job, but i don't think he'd leave

Nov 6, 2012, 2:46 PM

for ncst.

I've heard Arky is interested in Venables.

Nov 6, 2012, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Ark: Yes, KY, don't know, but probably, NC State, yes .... ]

There's been lot's of talk on the Arky boards about Venables, and how if he got the HC job, he could bring Morris with him...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

They are delusional. Morris will not make a lateral move

Nov 6, 2012, 3:00 PM

well.....it would take a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

of cash

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: I've heard Arky is interested in Venables.

Nov 6, 2012, 3:08 PM [ in reply to I've heard Arky is interested in Venables. ]

says the guy that claims clemson is pass first....

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Ok, I should have put at question mark on that...

Nov 6, 2012, 3:09 PM

So sue me that TigerNet won't let you edit anything.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Ok, I should have put at question mark on that...

Nov 6, 2012, 3:12 PM

they will let you edit you just have to be a paying member.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

And FWIW,

Nov 6, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I've heard Arky is interested in Venables. ]

I think Charlie Strong and Butch Davis are at the top of the list there. It's "silly season", what do you expect??

Re: And FWIW,

Nov 6, 2012, 3:12 PM

silly, stupid, ignorant when it comes from you comes to mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2012, 2:45 PM

I think he stays for next season... after that, we will be lucky to keep him any longer.

Morris has said time and time again....

Nov 6, 2012, 2:50 PM

that he has no intention of leaving Clemson until after his daughter graduates from high school. I believe she is currently in the 10th grade. That said, while I know he has aspirations of becoming a head coach at the collegiate level, I firmly believe we will have him for at least two more seasons. Is he likely to garner some head coaching offers during that time? Quite possobly, but as one of the highest paid assistants in the game, he also has the added luxury of being picky and patient.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yes I agree.***

Nov 6, 2012, 2:52 PM

Re: Yes I agree.***

Nov 6, 2012, 3:03 PM

I think if Boyd stays he will be here to try and win the National Championship and break every Clemson record there is...and leave with Boyd and Sammy as they move on to their lifes work.. as Chuck Noll would say. What else would he have to prove here?

I am supremely confident that Boyd returns next year....

Nov 6, 2012, 3:11 PM

Nuk is another matter entirely but I am holding out hope.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think Chad is at the best possible spot he can be in as OC

Nov 6, 2012, 3:00 PM

In high school he was a head coach, but he ran the show. There were no egos and huge salaries for OC's in high school, even in Texas. Chad is one of the best OC's in the country. Perhaps THE best.

When you get into that rarefied air at a position, whether OC, DC, head coach, whatever....when you reach the point where you are the best at that position, it is usually a mistake to progress up the ladder into an area where you have less control too fast.

I think for Chad to do well at the next level, he better have someone VERY specific in mind to be his OC, because there is going to be tension between him and an OC when he's the head coach unless they're both on the exact same page.

Chad is in a great spot at the moment. He's at a great school, has great talent at his disposal, and is the highest paid OC in college football. I personally think he will stay here a while and ride this thing to the top. If he does that, he can name his HC job pretty much.

We let Rich Rod get away and that cost us dearly. And Rich Rod made the classic mistake and kept trying to climb that ladder and ended up in a very bad situation with a name that was mud.

What was it...3-4 years ago Chad was a high school football coach? Clearly he knows he can do better and he's at a place where he can make himself a household name and a lot of money. I expect he will leave, but not after another 2-3 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He promised,. ......

Nov 6, 2012, 3:09 PM

Deshaun Watson he would be there untilhe graduated. He is also building a new house right now. Doesn't sound like a man getting ready to leave

It's not the end of world when Chad leaves, it's up to Dabo

Nov 6, 2012, 3:17 PM

to hire the right guy for the players in the system. A lot of guys can win with the talent we currently have. Dabo seems to be getting better at his coordinator hires.

The best thing we have going for us

Nov 6, 2012, 3:17 PM

is the buyout on his contract.

In my opinion, if a guy wants to be a head coach, then the head coaching job at any D-1 is always better than a coordinator's job, no matter where he might be. This is the decision that so many coordinators have made through the years - leaving high-profile coordinator positions for a seemingly lower-profile head coaching job: recent examples include Malzahn, Leach, Sumlin, RichRod, Mike Stoops and the list goes on and on. Some say that these kinds of decisions are arrogant, or short cited. But I say that if a guy's dream is to be a big-time head coach, then he has to take the best opportunity presented to him when it arises. Life is too short, fans are too fickle, and the game changes too quickly to wait and see if something better comes along.

What gives me hope is that the smaller schools that would likely pull Morris as their HC won't be able to afford his buyout, while the power conference schools will likely be unwilling to take a chance on him after only 3 years of coordinating experience...

However, if someone comes along with the right amount of money, he's gone and I wouldn't blame him one bit - I appreciate his hard work and wish him good luck, but I hope we beat him if we face him down the road.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic