Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morris can't leave for any job but HC at a major school
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Morris can't leave for any job but HC at a major school

Jan 11, 2014, 8:51 AM

I wasn't aware Morris's buyout was so large when I made a post the other day about UT's interest in him as OC.

I know this analysis won't be new information to quite a few on here........

With a buyout that big Morris won't be leaving to be OC elsewhere and his current salary of $1.3 million has priced him out of a lot of "stepping stone" head coaching jobs. None of the non-BCS (former BCS system that is) can afford to pay Morris what he is making now so given his buyout, he will only be leaving for a HC job at a school in a major conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris

Jan 11, 2014, 8:54 AM

Who wants him? Just curious?

Re: Morris > spook

Jan 11, 2014, 12:01 PM

yer mamma!

bye coot :)

Re: Morris can't leave for any job but HC at a major school

Jan 11, 2014, 9:00 AM

Now I know He is longtime Texas guy like many on here are longtime SC, NC, Ga, Tenn folks. Many of us are in jobs it other areas and would love to get back home to our roots.

I have no idea if he loves Clemson as much as the fans, I have no idea if this was just a stepping stone to get him back to the Okla Texas Mizzou area and neither does anyone on here

What is a fact is whoever drew up that contract is brilliant. We don't know you, we don;t know how much money people will throw at you, we don;t know where your heart is, we just know you can coach. one thing we do know is we will tie you up in a bigtime highest paid coord in the country and throw in this little buyout clause that says you will only leave us for a HC job somewhere and 5 mil says you won;t embarrass us by leaving for an OC position at TX, Oregon, or whatever other high dollar institution thinks they want to mess up our plans

Keep in mind, Morris wasn;t the morris we know now, he was simply a high school coach with 1 yr at Tulsa. Now that is a great businessman who came up with that contract!

Now he may very well love it in Clemson. ASk yourself this, if you grew up in the upstate, loved the upstate, had family and friends for 48 years in the upstate, found yourself hired by a company in west Texas which may very well be a super part of the country.....wouldn;t you be looking forward to getting back to the upstate of SC

Facts are we will never know because nobody not even Texas is paying 5 mil to get him as OC then pay him more than 1.4 to keep him knowing his next step is a HC somewhere!

Clemson wins again

Message was edited by: kiknchkn®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another problem is

Jan 11, 2014, 9:05 AM

Chad Morris is a Texas A&M grad.

That's similar to a Clemson grad going to usc to coach.

It's not impossible, but it is another reason that Texas isn't the ideal position.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nah, he coached HS FB in Austin and loves the area

Jan 11, 2014, 9:25 AM

I'm sure he'd have no problems with coaching at UT.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nah, he coached HS FB in Austin and loves the area

Jan 11, 2014, 10:11 AM

I'm glad you can read minds.

What am I thinking right now?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

You're thinking

Jan 12, 2014, 1:27 PM

that the Texas-A&M rivalry is similar to the Clemson-SC rivalry? Texas's main rival is Oklahoma; they don't even play A&M anymore. Just have a look at the UT message boards - they have no problem with hiring Chad, even though he's an Aggie grad. Do you think Clemson fans would be fine with hiring a coot to coach here? I doubt it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The buyout wasn't part of his original contract

Jan 12, 2014, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Morris can't leave for any job but HC at a major school ]

It was added to the new deal that was signed after the 2011 season.

Jan 11, 2014, 9:14 AM

Why are we assuming he wants to be a head coach? He's making more than any OC doing what he loves, let the HC keep all the worries.

Morris himself has said he wants to be a head coach***

Jan 11, 2014, 9:28 AM

Sure he can leave

Jan 11, 2014, 10:01 AM

he just has a large buyout if it is for anything but a HC job. Realistic? Maybe not. But certainly possible.

Evidently,

Jan 11, 2014, 11:48 AM

the "morris for here, morris for their, oh god what will we do without morris,' people didn't know this.

Dabo has an MBA! They probably didn't know that either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2014, 12:48 PM

Anyone capable of explaining why my previous post got a 0%??

Purely pro Clemson just thoughts on the topic yet slammed with a 0???

Some of you people are really strange. How does that post give anything other than a pro Clemson slant.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morris is not going no where ATM***

Jan 11, 2014, 1:00 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic