Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More praise for Kelly Bryant ... but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

More praise for Kelly Bryant ... but

Sep 18, 2017, 12:59 PM

... but, does praise have a lot of weight when it appears the person doling it out didn't even watch the entire game?

Here's Caulton Tudor of Raleigh WRAL giving his opinion on the comparative performances of Kelly Bryant and Lamar Jackson this past Saturday.

"The new frontrunner for ACC player of the year is Kelly Bryant, Clemson’s junior quarterback, after the Tigers’ 47-21 romp at Louisville. Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson of Louisville wound up with 317 yards passing, three TD passes and 64 yards rushing, but Bryant was right there with 316 passing, two TDs rushing and a TD pass to Ray-Ray McCloud." --- Caulton Tudor

Tutor sort of implies that Jackson once again put up Heisman numbers, but somehow, Kelly Bryant was "right up there with him" ...

Sadly, this will probably be the take by the majority of the Heisman voters. "Nice game for Kelly Bryant and look ... he almost equaled Lamar Jackson's production!"

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More praise for Kelly Bryant ... but

Sep 18, 2017, 1:08 PM

Now come on Apex, you know Tudor has an 8pm bedtime ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jackson had 150+ yards against 2nd and 3rd team.

Sep 18, 2017, 1:08 PM

Not to mention that he put up 40 yards in a prevent D right before halftime.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More praise for Kelly Bryant ... but

Sep 18, 2017, 1:12 PM

"According to Tutor, Jackson once again put up Heisman numbers"

In the blurb you shared, I didnt take it that Tutor was saying that those were Heisman deserving numbers.

I just took it to mean from a pure numbers comparison they were near equivalents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure Tudor "meant well" ...

Sep 18, 2017, 1:21 PM

He didn't come out and say Jackson had a huge game, but he sort of implied it. Not sure why Lamar Jackson's stats even deserved to be mentioned after the rout on the scoreboard.

Actually, I think it was just an illustration Caulton Tudor's normal sloppy journalism to make the comparison but to fail to mention that Jackson played the whole game while Kelly sat over a quarter and that Jackson ran up the majority of his numbers against the reserves.

But, it's also probably an example of how Heisman voters will look at the "pure numbers" down the road after Jackson has a couple of monster games against Kent State, etc.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic