Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Rogers found guilty of malicious damage under $2K in Howard's Rock vandalism case
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

New Story: Rogers found guilty of malicious damage under $2K in Howard's Rock vandalism case

Jul 23, 2015, 5:19 PM

Rogers found guilty of malicious damage under $2K in Howard's Rock vandalism case

Micah Rogers was found guilty of malicious damage under $2000 but not guilty of grand larceny Thursday afternoon at the Pickens County Courthouse. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is just a pretty boy punk..isnt he?

Jul 23, 2015, 5:28 PM

A slap on the wrist..what I expected.

More like a chubby spoiled dough boy who has his daddy

Jul 23, 2015, 7:06 PM

and mommy clean up his messes for him.

Re: More like a chubby spoiled dough boy who has his daddy

Jul 24, 2015, 9:06 AM

He should go to FSU and be an athlete. Then he could just let Jimbo handle his misbehavior and continue to make excuses for him and come to his rescue. Maybe his father will get more punishment. I had hoped the punishment would have been worse. No way the value of the rock wasn't worth more than $1,500. What a break the judge gave him on that. They seemed to be trying to punish, but not ruin his life. Trouble is he brought it upon himself, and he didn't even pony up the piece he stole. That should have been the requirement on his getting off with hardly any punishment at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fact remains that he stands convicted...despite the

Jul 23, 2015, 5:30 PM

punishment...and will have to wear a badge of shame for deliberately damaging a time-honored icon treasured by thousands of Clemson fans across the globe.

Far different, I'd suggest, than a common thief.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never thught he'd get any jail time anyway, but I do think

Jul 23, 2015, 5:32 PM

Clemson should pursue a Civil case against him now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Off the cuff, I have serious doubts that Clemson will pursue

Jul 23, 2015, 5:46 PM

the matter further.

We have a conviction, and he will have to bear the enmity of the Clemson family thenceforth...as well he should.

The real test of his character will be in his subsequent willingness to admit his guilt and express regrets.

I certainly hope not ...

Jul 23, 2015, 5:50 PM

The verdict and the sentence were fair.

Time to move on. We have football to play and championships to win.

It would be nice for him to now fess up and return the missing piece of the rock.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He did the equivalent of stealing from a museum after hours.

Jul 23, 2015, 5:54 PM

He got off lightly on a technicality because Clemson never got Howard's Rock appraised.

There was nothing fair about this verdict. He's going to do a few hours of community service, and his mom and dad are going to pay his fine. The only lesson the kid's going to learn is that as long as mommy and daddy are around, he can get away with anything.

In 1972, Lazlo Roth smashed Michelangelo's "Pieta" and

Jul 23, 2015, 6:06 PM

was never even charged with a crime.

Smashing Howard's Rock was a ####hole thing to do. The kid deserves to be punished. And he is being punished.

He should never be allowed to attend another Clemson sporting event.

Meanwhile, we've won 20 something games rubbing what's left of The Rock. And frankly, I don't believe smashing the rock caused us to lose a single game.

IMHO, this whole thing has been a huge distraction and I hope it's never makes another headline.

It's time to move on.

Toth was also insane

Jul 23, 2015, 6:15 PM

and immediately checked into a mental institution. He claimed to be Jesus while he was hammering away at the statue.

He wasn't competent to stand trial. It's a completely different situation here because Rogers knew what he was doing, and he danced happily in the street after getting his piece of the rock.

Re: Toth was also insane

Jul 23, 2015, 6:18 PM

I agree ... not a perfect analogy.

I think Roger's should be banned from Clemson city limits for life.

Meanwhile ... it's time to move on.

Re: Off the cuff, I have serious doubts that Clemson will pursue

Jul 23, 2015, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Off the cuff, I have serious doubts that Clemson will pursue ]

He will with his closest friends while they are laughing about how he got away with it. And with what he got, he did. He want even spend the night in jail. I'm betting it has already been arranged for him to be on house arrest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a Crock

Jul 23, 2015, 5:30 PM

Why hasn't there been any news of the whereabouts of the missing piece. This case smells of Closet Shamecocks on the jury pool!!!

Re: This is a Crock

Jul 23, 2015, 5:40 PM

I personally know of one. They screened the jury about their Clemson ties, but not if they were Anti-Clemson. I know two that were up for it and the Lamecock fan was chosen.

Jul 23, 2015, 8:01 PM [ in reply to This is a Crock ]

Be honest, if someone vandalized a priceless gamecock heirloom (I know, but just assume they had one for the sake of argument) and you were chosen for the jury, would you not be fair in rendering a verdict? I know I would. I could easily look past my hatred of anything Scarolina and vote guilty or innocent on the harm done to a school's iconic symbol.

I think the same is true for most gamecock fans. Sure, there are a handful of nuts that would probably stand up and cheer for the punk, but most people don't want to see harm done to ANY school's traditions, even if it's their hated rival.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2015, 9:01 AM

I know for a fact that I would not have an issue whatsoever finding a person guilty if the situation were reversed.

You must not know very many USuCk fans though. The ones I have talked to think it's funny that the rock was broken. These are people that are normal in others aspects of their lives, but completely delusional when it comes to the rivalry. I guess it stems from being the "little red headed step-child" when it comes to college sports in the state of SC. I am quite sure they would look for any opportunity to stick it to Clemson even if they couldn't completely ignore the facts and find MR not guilty.
There were plenty of people that would have said Hank Aaron's 715th ball was only worth 6 bucks because of their racism. Remember the death threats to him? USuCk fans are just as delusional when it relates to the rivalry.

Click here to read Gabi's Story

Jul 24, 2015, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Re: This is a Crock ]

You could, but you're not a shamecock. Huge difference!

So does he start serving 30 days now?

Jul 23, 2015, 5:33 PM

Or is it suspended as some have guessed?

Clemson

He should be made to pay for upgraded security case

Jul 23, 2015, 5:33 PM

He might just a few ### whippings once a few mad tigers see him sneaking around.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Rogers found guilty of malicious damage under $2K in Howard's Rock vandalism case

Jul 23, 2015, 5:42 PM

We need to start a bail fund so that in the event I ever see this punk I'll be able to get out of jail.

Good ... it's over! Time to move on ...***

Jul 23, 2015, 5:45 PM

"Common as dirt"? Bull crap. For example, I offer as

evidence. A flintlock pistol made in the late 1700's may only be worth a couple of thousand dollars. But, if that pistol was the one used in the Burr vs. Hamilton duel, it takes on a completely different value. Same as the Rock!

I protest! if anyone knows "common dirt", it would be Eppes***

Jul 23, 2015, 6:19 PM

Re: New Story: Rogers found guilty of malicious damage under $2K in Howard's Rock vandalism case

This proves that Justice can be bought and paid for. All you have to have is the money, and in this case, the mommy and daddy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2015, 5:53 PM

Little fckn peckerhead

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Somebody said this BS would happen. Oh yeah it was me.***

Jul 23, 2015, 5:56 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

He really learned his lesson...

Jul 23, 2015, 5:59 PM

Clemson should not allow him on any Clemson property ever.

Absolutely agree 1000 per cent!!

Jul 23, 2015, 6:08 PM

Banned from Clemson for life.

Same Ole Same Ole.....The Justice System

Jul 23, 2015, 6:30 PM [ in reply to He really learned his lesson... ]

SUX AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Wasn't this kid on crutches earlier in the day?

Jul 23, 2015, 6:03 PM

Did his leg just magically heal right after the case ended?

Wonder if he puked after his good news???***

Jul 23, 2015, 6:04 PM

Re: Wonder if he puked after his good news???***

Jul 24, 2015, 12:24 AM

Naaa, his mummy gave him Prilosec OTC before they were so hard on him with the no jail sentence. The courts work in mysterious ways when your family has money, or anyone who has money bc the courts love that under the table sentencing money that's tax free, free as the criminals that buy their freedom from them!!!

Jul 23, 2015, 6:12 PM

I recommend that all Clemson fans boycott Eppes lawfirm:

http://eppesandplumblee.com/

And more importantly, the Rogers family business***

Jul 23, 2015, 6:17 PM

Re: And more importantly, the Rogers family business***

Jul 23, 2015, 6:27 PM

Surprised nobody has started bashing the business on yelp or other online reviews

Before this vandalism The Rock

Jul 23, 2015, 6:13 PM

Must not have been insured to establish it's value?

Hopefully with all the extra security NOW it is also properly insured (for a grand larceny if vandalized).

That is not a felony........right?***

Jul 23, 2015, 6:15 PM

Jul 23, 2015, 6:30 PM

Ban him from Clemson property for life!

Jul 23, 2015, 6:34 PM

The guy got a slap on the wrist !!!!_______ over & out *****

If that's his lawyer in the middle picture ???? does he have any eligibility left for football ???? do sign him up for a Clemson lineman spot !!!!!!!

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fat coot lawyer.

Jul 23, 2015, 8:11 PM

Not lineman material. Sorry.

~JKB

Jul 23, 2015, 6:35 PM

If anybody wants to get back at him and see him do jail time, just plant a joint on him. The cops and jury would likely froth at the mouth to throw him behind bars.

Summa cum laude. Magna cum laude. The radio’s too loudy.

Jul 23, 2015, 6:36 PM

So where is the rock....has he said anywhere what he did with it? Funny how it just "disappeared"

Seems fair.

Jul 23, 2015, 6:51 PM

A blight on his record, pay some money (hopefully daddy makes him pay it), and some community service. Plus the embarrassment and stress of going through this. I do hope he has to do the shittiest community service ever.

And I agree with banning the little punk from campus for life.

Jul 23, 2015, 7:28 PM

I have a feeling he might run into some Tigers
who will bring some justice to him.
This probably isn't over by a long shot, just can't leave any bruses or scars.

I remember early June 2013 when I got a text from a friend

Jul 23, 2015, 8:05 PM

telling me about the rock. I have that same sick feeling today that I did then.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Prosecutors blew that one. Im sickened every time

Jul 23, 2015, 8:59 PM

I see the rock.

Jul 23, 2015, 9:11 PM

Pickens Cty rednecks ...whole Cty not worth$ 2000

Disgraceful

Jul 23, 2015, 9:23 PM

$2000?!?
Even if he showed the slightest remorse and gave back the mutilated chunk of our rock, that verdict would still be an insult.
As it stands, what a disgrace.

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jul 23, 2015, 9:52 PM

Frank Epps....crook himself
Rogers will never get a job with a Clemson connection
His Dad will lose a lot of business...no more Clemson connections
Who wants him at the Clemson games anyway...hope I never see him

Jul 24, 2015, 7:49 AM

Well everyone got a good look at him, if i was his daddy i would have told the judge to let him do some time, cause back in the day when i was coming up we would hunt this nutcase down and discipline him old school style and he would learn a good lesson. I don't think he will be at any games for a long time, lets hope he learned from this, now im ready for some football BABY!!!!!

Liar

Jul 24, 2015, 10:59 AM
Liar1.jpg(724.0 K)

Dude is a hypocrite ....I wanna know were the piece of our rock is...!!!

2017_nascar_champ.gif2018_nascar_champ.gif2019_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Add Howard's Rock

Jul 24, 2015, 11:32 AM

To your Ebay search list. He'll pay 2250 in fines but get 250K for the piece of the rock he stole.

Hopefully the kid stops eating boogers, breaking & entering

Jul 24, 2015, 9:11 PM

and destroying others property. Sounds like the defendant's lawyer is just another slimeball attorney from Dewey, Cheatham & Howe.

All that said, the kid and his attorney are two individuals Clemson alums should keep an eye on in the future ...

COOT Jury!!!

Jul 25, 2015, 1:29 PM

They asked everyone their affiliation with Clemson, but didn't care if they were COOTS! That's a fact!

Jul 25, 2015, 11:27 PM

Check out the Rogers business @Michael J. Rogers Masonry. Clemson should sue this bunch for damages.

$2,250 per hunk of Howard's Rock should entice more shoppers***

Jul 27, 2015, 7:26 PM

Re: $2,250 per hunk of Howard's Rock should entice more shoppers***

Jul 27, 2015, 7:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 28, 2015, 1:12 PM

Water board that thieving punk and he'll talk!

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic