Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Report: Swinney hires Alabama's Turnipseed to oversee recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Football Update: Report: Swinney hires Alabama's Turnipseed to oversee recruiting

May 30, 2013, 11:17 AM

Report: Swinney hires Alabama's Turnipseed to oversee recruiting

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Report: Swinney hires Alabama's Turnipseed to oversee recruiting

May 30, 2013, 11:20 AM

Headline you wont see on ESPN:

Alabama staff leaving for Clemson

Re: Football Update: Report: Swinney hires Alabama's Turnipseed to oversee recruiting

May 30, 2013, 11:23 AM

I dont know how good this guy is but Bama got Steele so there is that working against them.

I would think this guy could dissuade kids from visiting Auuburn so that could be helpful

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2013, 2:04 PM

The Turnipseed name is an old state of South Carolina family and does have some history with Clemson. You would think this man does have roots in SC even though it may be long agao. Welcome home!

More late breaking news--Will also oversee 'The Rock"....

May 30, 2013, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Report: Swinney hires Alabama's Turnipseed to oversee recruiting ]

put that degree in geology to something useful

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kind of figured Brad Scott would get this job***

May 30, 2013, 11:22 AM

I would hire any man that knew something about Beaver

May 30, 2013, 11:25 AM

construction.

Just sayin'...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Brad Scott not currenly have this position?

May 30, 2013, 11:39 AM

Or is the recruiting coordinator different?

Jeff Scott is the recruiting coordinator

May 30, 2013, 11:50 AM

Brad is an administrator on the football staff but is well known for his recruiting prowess

All I can say is .......................

May 30, 2013, 12:08 PM

if Dabo likes it, I like it!

we've taken the state of Ga. and now he's got his sights on

May 30, 2013, 12:07 PM

the state of Alabama.

May 30, 2013, 12:09 PM

The statement from CDS says he will be head of recruiting "operations." Usually operations jobs deal with logistics so Turnipseed will probably be taking care of scheduling visits, activities for the recruits, assigning player hosts, etc.

Bama DABO is setting out to get Clemson a NC no matter what!

May 30, 2013, 12:45 PM

Go DabO & Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2013, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Report: Swinney hires Alabama's Turnipseed to oversee recruiting ]

I was wondering about that, too, since I thought Jeff Scott was the head recruiting Coordinator.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 30, 2013, 3:34 PM

I'd rather have Jeff Scott spend more time connecting with recruits and their mama's than acting as a travel agent. Seems like a good idea to have someone else handle some of the logistics to me.

May 31, 2013, 12:01 PM

Agreed, but what we've been doing has been working pretty well. If it gets better, then look out. We are going to be very special.

May 30, 2013, 1:34 PM

Maybe he can build us that nice weight lifting facility! ??

Much more info about the duties of Dabo's teammate here...

May 30, 2013, 3:33 PM

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/05/thad_turnipseed_leaving_alabam.html

Anyone read the comments below?

May 30, 2013, 4:56 PM

Glad to see most Alabama fans like Dabo, but I don't want them to like him too much! Don't come calling for him later! We like him!

Re: Anyone read the comments below?

May 30, 2013, 5:11 PM

It's inevitable. Dabo will coach at Bama someday. You can't blame a man for wanting to go home and give back something to those from whom he's gotten so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone read the comments below?

May 30, 2013, 6:29 PM

True, but can we keep him for several more years? 10-15 at least?

Dabo isn't going to jump ship to Alabama anytime in the

May 30, 2013, 7:17 PM

next 10-15 years, regardless of whether or not Saban retires.

Swinney has already proven that he isn't about money. He seems very loyal to the University that gave him a chance and besides the pressure cooker at Bama is about 10 times stronger than the one in Clemson.

If Swinney keeps winning at Clemson, he will retire at Clemson with the most wins in program history.

So does the crying about recruiting end?***

May 30, 2013, 5:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got a weird feeling that this is gonna be a great hire....***

May 30, 2013, 7:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo probably wants to free up some of Jeff Scott's

May 30, 2013, 8:40 PM

responsibilities so Jeff has more time to learn under Chad Morris.

You may be more right...

May 30, 2013, 8:48 PM

than you are wrong and realize.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic