Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the sit or stand..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 4,729

So the sit or stand..

Sep 3, 2017, 5:25 PM

Feels like we had plenty of opportunity for this one during downtime :)

How about we don't split into pumpers and dumpers again here and instead all be stoked about a great looking team.

Everyone can agree that the dude near smurf was an a-whole.
Everyone can agree to look out for one another and be considerate towards each other.
I'm going to stand on D and yell during close games. If everyine is sitting, I will to. If you need to switch, ask. If i end up trading all the way back than so be it. I'm going to sit on O and jump up when called for.
Cool?

How about this.. I'm not going to kneel for National Anthem ;)
Be friendly y'all, and share the Tiger love.
Life must be good when these are the board topics.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Count me a team player

Sep 3, 2017, 5:32 PM

I will do whatever you do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: So the sit or stand..

Sep 3, 2017, 5:45 PM

They put the seats to close together in the stadium now to sit comfortably. I would rather sit normally but in the stadium I like to stand because it is just uncomfortable to sit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple - be considerate of others.***

Sep 3, 2017, 5:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Easily said, hard to do when we all have different views of

Sep 3, 2017, 5:58 PM

what that means.
Well-meaning people usually find a way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not really.***

Sep 3, 2017, 8:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agree 100%. I am 75 years old. Have had the same seats

Sep 3, 2017, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Simple - be considerate of others.*** ]

for 51 years, as have most people around me. We are now "Old Coots" and cannot stand for every play. On occasion one of the group will give/sell their tickets to a younger couple that insists on standing the entire game. What I am reiterating is what was just posted...be considerate of those behind you. We all stand for a big play i.e. first down attempt, etc. but once we make, or do not make it, please do not remain standing for the next two series, unless they are vital.

I am going to do whatever I want to do. I paid

Sep 3, 2017, 6:46 PM

Over 2400 for my four season tickets in section UP. Not trying to be a ########, but if you don't want to stand, yell, leave with no voice, then maybe you should stop coming to the games and watch at home where you can sit on your couch and not have your view obstructed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: do whatever you want to

Sep 3, 2017, 7:40 PM

So, if I went around and stood on the seat in front of you the entire game, would you be upset?

I'm 6'4" so I'm sure I could pretty much block your view of the game just because I wanted to.

I would see everything and you'd see nothing.

Would you have any problem with me doing what I wanted to?

Bruh, I'm 6'4" as well so I don't care.

Sep 3, 2017, 8:05 PM

Point is, if you want to sit and be quite, go to a D A M N golf match.

But, I'm standing up on the seat ... because I want to.

Sep 3, 2017, 8:37 PM

And so I'm more than a foot higher than you.

And you sound mad bruh.

I don't blame you.

Point is ... It would be a total d!ck move to block someone's view of the game just because I wanted to.

I'm not mad. Just not gonna let someone dictate to me

Sep 3, 2017, 9:42 PM

How I use the space that I paid for. I'm sorry if they are old and etc. I'm 37 years old, I know I
Will be an old dude one day. Difference between me, my wife and this old goats, is that my wife and I will appreciate the young crown
Cheering and being loud.

I can promise you this, Mr. Ticket holder that has had his seats in same
Area for 51 years, I can promise you during the ford era and early Hatfield, he was standing and cheering. Just hate people that feel that because they are old they are owed something. Yes I will be respectful to them, but just because they can't stand doesn't mean my families experience should be hindered.

I feel what you're saying about "standing on the seat"

Sep 3, 2017, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: do whatever you want to ]

That's uncalled for. However, I will stand on
My concrete spot.

I bet your real life pulse is about 49% too.***

Sep 3, 2017, 8:41 PM [ in reply to I am going to do whatever I want to do. I paid ]

- H. L. Mencken

According to your pic, yours is more than likely!***

Sep 3, 2017, 9:46 PM

Re: I am going to do whatever I want to do. I paid

Sep 3, 2017, 9:53 PM [ in reply to I am going to do whatever I want to do. I paid ]

So I guess if you want to you can stand there looking like a DA .
People that stand the whole entire game look like idiots standing there while the Tigers are on O.
Or if the game is out of hand, I had a dude thinking he was going to do that at GT a few years ago.
Well let's just say he thought wrong??

Don't stand when their on offense.

Sep 3, 2017, 10:00 PM

Never said I did.

lol you sure do sound mighty bad A S S on the internet

Sep 3, 2017, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I am going to do whatever I want to do. I paid ]

I hope and pray we sit next to each other!

Re: lol you sure do sound mighty bad A S S on the internet

Sep 3, 2017, 10:08 PM

Oh you would be fine next to me but I assure you , you wouldn't stand up in front of me and block my family the entire game

Lol first of all I would stand on the bleacher, however the

Sep 3, 2017, 10:19 PM

Concrete in front yep. All day long. Like I said, hope we are in
The section together.

meant wouldn't on the bleacher***

Sep 3, 2017, 10:20 PM

Re: Lol first of all I would stand on the bleacher, however the

Sep 3, 2017, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Lol first of all I would stand on the bleacher, however the ]

Well Im not going to waste my time arguing with you or be an internet though guy.
All I can say is I don't know you but I do know me.
We would have a big problem then.

guess we will have to see!***

Sep 4, 2017, 9:51 AM

I'm old and...

Sep 3, 2017, 7:08 PM

I've had 8 heart attacks, two heart surgeries, massive heart damage, 7 children grown now, two big fat ex wives, a son in Charleston Law and one in G'ville Tech. I wouldn't dare expect to interfere with another Clemson Fan's way of cheering for the team.

I don't attend many games but when I do I try to stand and get as much volume from my lungs and voice box I can muster. I doubt the validity of the smurf who complained here without reservations. As one poster pointed out a man in front of him would have to have been 7 ft tall to obstruct his view if both were standing. That alone makes me subject to suspect he was behind people who were inconsiderate but such is the complain of anyone who expects to remain sitting while others stand and cheer.

Did we not just win our second NC trophy? Do we not get emotional and do our parts in the stand when our stellar defense in on the field during 3rd downs?

Frankly, with the lack of consideration for white space and the continuous persistent run on sentences in smurf's post I doubt most people comprehended the depth of his anger. Anger causes emotional outburst which often taint words and thoughts and misleads others.

Never-the-less, if you paid for your space in Death Valley who is anyone to request you behave to satisfy their desire? I'd also point out the 'friend,' who gave him the tickets could have and should have warned him of the giants who stood throughout the games in front of those seats.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm old and...

Sep 3, 2017, 11:13 PM

You are a wise man. Always look forward to getting your take on an issue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm old and...

Sep 4, 2017, 12:24 AM [ in reply to I'm old and... ]

My condolences on having 2 fat ex wives. They probably accounted for much of your health issues. Over many many years, I've never not worked out the standing deal. If needed, people, who are not AH's, would slide sideways just a bit so my wife could see Being polite, on both sides of the issue, manages the situation.

Now what REALLY drives me crazy is a 400 pounder sitting next to me. They ooze over onto your seat. I try to get there early with a stadium seat which helps but I'm still suffocating. God forbid them having to walk in front of you to go for concessions or bathroom. I've had to climb up on the seats behind me to let them by. Some people, not so nimble, just get bent over backwards--seriously! Some people flying buy 2 seats when they are very oversizedly challenged. Perhaps Clemson should provide an area for the oversized to sit.

To me, that's worse than the standing issue. Jerks even sit down once in a while and you can still breath. There is never any relief from an "oozer" Perhaps if you appear to possibly be too large, you should have to fit between 2 bars to get into the stadium.

Now before anybody starts with the metabolic disease, etc etc,be assured I understand that it is sometimes not a choice for the person. And I know some will gripe about my levity but I tried to stay on the light sarcastic side so as to not get into some angry diatribe on how my rights have been violated. If you feel offended I'm sorry but I pay for a whole seat-not a half seat and this REALLY makes me angry. Just because someone is of reasonable size to fit in the seats (which ARE definitely narrow but better than TN), they should not be penalized because someone else is not. I'm targeting in on getting close to old and one day may not be able to climb up on the seat behind me. Not being able to do that is a reasonable limitation at some point.

In all seriousness, it can make a game miserable. If you only have a half seat, then everyone on your side of the row has a half seat. I pay for 2 seats for my wife and myself. Season ticket holders think about how much money you have had to give over the years to even qualify for season tickets.I really feel their should be some accommodation for people that are over-sized. I'm sure they are not happy either and are embarrassed by the situation. If we have to be so freaking politically correct about everything else why not have a reasonable solution for this issue. Personally, I would be happy for my wife and I to sit in a box and relinquish my seats but I seriously doubt that would ever happen.

This is a very real issue which the University needs to address.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More importantly, the argument is

Sep 3, 2017, 7:19 PM

Alum vs non-alum. :D

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

also, that argument is moot. What does it matter

Sep 3, 2017, 10:26 PM

If
You're and alumn vs non? I am, but still....? I can guarantee you it's the non-alumns that pay the fees, and etc to get tickets to games and cheer way harder than your entitled ###. My grandfather, father, myself, have all graduated from here. I have a son getting ready to start an ROTC scholarship here. You're argument is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Re: So the sit or stand..

Sep 3, 2017, 7:55 PM

I generlly don't stand the entire game. Sometimes I have to so that I can see because of the people standing in front of me. I am lucky enough that standing is not a problem for me. My folks can not stand the whole time and have often not been able to see much of the field. They generally watch the screens during that time. One reason I would love for Clemson to figure out a way to either put in more screens or make ours bigger.

But I do scream when the offence does something good and I make as much noise as possible when the defense is on the field. I have managed to make some people in front of me very angry because of being so loud.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stand but I'm willing to work with people around me***

Sep 3, 2017, 11:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 4,729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic