Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clowney Rumors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Clowney Rumors

May 3, 2013, 8:41 AM

Are you serious? The Board of Trustees at SCAR pitched a fit to the point that the campus police stopped arresting players. You think for one minute they would allow Clowney to fail classes, whether he attends them or not???
The guy is driving a Chrysler that happens to come from the Dodge Dealer that is a big booster at SCAR. He does what he wants. Spurrier doesnt even make him practice.
The guy will play this season and bolt for the NFL.

Let's focus on what works against Clowney....running the ball at him....and the English language.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clowney Rumors

May 3, 2013, 8:44 AM

Agreed. All these so-called "rumors" are wishful thinking. Let's please focus on running the ball at him and stuff it down his throat. Hopefully, Morris will learn from the mistakes he made calling the last game and stick to the run game before getting pass-happy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Some of his fellow SEC brethren will try to hurt him this

May 3, 2013, 8:44 AM

season. That's a sad fact in the $EC. I think he's a nice kid mixed up with a bunch of punks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on my one semi-interaction with him, he is

May 3, 2013, 9:40 AM

NOT a nice kid.
He was at Carowinds with a bunch of teammates/friends.
It so happened that my family kinda ended up following the same path as his crew from ride to ride so we ended up in line behind him quite often. The filth, crude language, lewd actions and disruptive behavior was so bad that it drove a lot of families out of line to other rides.(including mine)
Every time we ended up at the same ride, the pattern started over. Pretty sure they got kicked out of the park, as security officers approached their group and I did not see them again.
Anyway, he is mannerless when it comes to children being around him. He was a big hoss though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Based on my one semi-interaction with him, he is

May 3, 2013, 10:22 AM

How long ago was this? I work security part-time and can verify this with my co-workers.

I've only heard that he was rude to some of his high school teachers. But at the end of the day, nice kid, not nice kid...I want Clemson to smack him and the ##### in the mouth!

i met him briefly in Charlotte and thought he was nice.

May 3, 2013, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Based on my one semi-interaction with him, he is ]

extremely nice, actually.

Re: Based on my one semi-interaction with him, he is

May 3, 2013, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Based on my one semi-interaction with him, he is ]

I have a friend in the band who went to Rock Hill with Clowney.
The guy was one more crime away from getting expelled I can tell you that.

lol at this thread

May 3, 2013, 8:58 AM

ever think families can afford cars because they are getting a free education therefore saving that money? I see no pictures of him with cash...

^^^Says the coot on our board, lols***

May 3, 2013, 9:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

You mean his dad

May 3, 2013, 9:03 AM [ in reply to lol at this thread ]

an ex-con can afford a brand new Chrysler? You're a funny guy.

FYI, his dad CAN afford that car.

May 3, 2013, 10:24 AM

Don't you know he works for the #1 booster in York County....Chip Comer

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

I am a school teacher and can't afford a new car!***

May 3, 2013, 1:50 PM

The car was provided by the same $CU booster.....

May 3, 2013, 9:10 AM [ in reply to lol at this thread ]

that gave Clowney's father a job when he was released from prison. It's fairly common knowledge in and around Rock Hill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

chuckle***

May 3, 2013, 9:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah....

May 3, 2013, 11:37 AM

The University of Second Choice and/or its boosters would never violate NCAA rules by providing illegal benefits or enducements to players, recruits, or the parents or players and recruits. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for suspicion since nothing like that has ever occurred before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It happens all the time, but when it's coming from fans

May 3, 2013, 12:43 PM

of a rival, it's usually bs...not always bs though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah....

May 5, 2013, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Yeah.... ]

Listen, not trying to stir up a hornets nest but all this is speculation from a rival fan base. These are fact on your new AD. I wouldn't think you would want to go there without something more than "he said, that she said" stuff here. You can't control what everyone else does with recruits and players or investigations for that matter.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6769894/ncaa-places-georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-four-years-probation

The NCAA said Georgia Tech should have declared receiver Demaryius Thomas ineligible after he accepted $312 worth of clothing in '09 from former Yellow Jackets quarterback Calvin Booker, who was working for a sports agent at the time. But the investigation took a harder turn against the school when athletic director Dan Radakovich broke NCAA rules by alerting Johnson that Thomas and safety Morgan Burnett would soon be interviewed.

^^You are either in denial or really stupid

May 3, 2013, 9:23 AM [ in reply to lol at this thread ]

If you graduated from USuC I guess the latter. Oh I forgot you were a USuC fan - I mean the last thing I said.

People are really stupid who believe every rumor about

May 3, 2013, 9:34 AM

cars, cash, coaches sleeping with cheerleaders, etc.

Stuff like this actually happens but NEVER in the way some fan tells you.

Does Clowney drive a new

May 3, 2013, 9:37 AM

Chrysler? YES
Was his father in prison? YES
Does his father work for a SCAR booster? YES

These are the facts.

I'd guess 50% of the people in RH work for USC boosters.***

May 3, 2013, 9:39 AM

Possibly, but I wonder how many are

May 3, 2013, 9:40 AM

uneducated ex-cons who arent qualified but happen to have a talented son playing for SCAR.

How many work for big time boosters?

May 3, 2013, 10:11 AM [ in reply to I'd guess 50% of the people in RH work for USC boosters.*** ]

How many are ex-cons?

How many are car dealers and the player ends up with a new car?

Again, apparently the NCAA is letting it happen but are you really so stupid as to deny what is happening?

Re: How many work for big time boosters?

May 3, 2013, 10:28 AM

Why would the NCAA let this happen? It's not like they've turned the other way on past transgressions at South Carolina.

Whitney Gate says

May 3, 2013, 10:42 AM

hello

Re: Whitney Gate says

May 3, 2013, 10:43 AM

They were penalized for that

Big deal, USCheat stays on probation***

May 3, 2013, 11:47 AM

LOL...slapped on the wrist...Ga Tech was pounded for less***

May 5, 2013, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Whitney Gate says ]

Re: Does Clowney drive a new

May 3, 2013, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Does Clowney drive a new ]

They were the facts. Clowneys dad showed his appreciation for the job by never showing up, much like his son does for class, that he wad fired. Had to be pretty blatant wouldn't you think.

May 4, 2013, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Does Clowney drive a new ]

Pretty sure the Chrystler is a 2006..

May 5, 2013, 6:32 PM

Clowney drives an '06 but Sammy drives a '98 Cadillac Deville, the same car my freakin' grampa drives and y'all were just screaming about "Benefits" when he got arrested.

so youve confirmed its false? tell us about it...***

May 5, 2013, 11:20 AM [ in reply to People are really stupid who believe every rumor about ]

Threads like this always give me a chuckle.***

May 3, 2013, 9:32 AM [ in reply to lol at this thread ]

Right. I am sure they cashed in his 529 college savings plan

May 3, 2013, 12:36 PM [ in reply to lol at this thread ]

The minute his signed his LOI

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

snicker snicker...glad theres still some simpletons left***

May 5, 2013, 11:18 AM [ in reply to lol at this thread ]

They are being tough on him, though, regarding his......

May 3, 2013, 9:13 AM

passing his upcoming medical school entrance exams.

^^ To USC's School of Medicine***

May 3, 2013, 9:24 AM

Clowney never being under NCAA investigation...why not?***

May 3, 2013, 11:34 AM

Realistically...

May 3, 2013, 12:57 PM

Clowney only has to squeak thru 1 more semester. Well, 1/2 really. By the time grades come out for next year, he'll be long gone...

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

I'd LOVE to see him on the receiving end of a ESPN highlight***

May 3, 2013, 1:09 PM

May 3, 2013, 4:55 PM

Enough with the "dumb Clowney" jokes, please! I once heard CJ talk at a youth rally and honestly, he was much worse than the Clowney interviews I've seen on the news. Now that was just after he finished his Clemson career......I certainly hope he can communicate better now that he's had a couple of years with the pros.

Thatsthe most pathetic, ignorant thing Ive heard motor mouth***

May 5, 2013, 11:23 AM

Re: Thatsthe most pathetic, ignorant thing Ive heard motor mouth***

May 5, 2013, 11:34 AM

Motor mouth is a dirt ######.

His Dad sounds like a really bad guy

May 4, 2013, 11:40 AM

My parents have helped me deal with all of the attention. My mom was a good high school basketball player. My dad probably could've been a good football player. [Ed.'s note: David Morgan spent 12 years in prison for robbery. He was released in 2006 and is active in his son's life.] He keeps telling me, "Just stay out of trouble." That's motivated me a lot. I wanna make him proud.

More from Dad

May 4, 2013, 11:52 AM

Clowney's father agrees that the final decision can't be what's best for the family. It has to be what's best for Clowney.

"I give him advice, but he knows that the decision is his," David Morgan said. "We are not going to college and playing football. He is. He has to work, go to class and do all those things. Not us. He just needs to feel comfortable with whatever he decides to do. I tell him to finish what he's started, keep the grades up and get better every day."

and more

May 4, 2013, 12:38 PM

His father, David Morgan, was absent for nearly 12 years of his son's life while serving a state prison term after pleading guilty to robbing a Rock Hill check-cashing business in 1995.
Morgan has a lengthy arrest record that dates to 1987 when he was 17. Morgan's rap sheet includes a number of assault, gun and drug charges, including a conviction for possession of cocaine with intent to distribute that resulted in a previous prison stint before his son was born in 1993.

in many cases, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

May 5, 2013, 12:52 PM

and i will also say that this is not always 100% the case. if clowney hangs with a bad crowd,though, the chances are even higher that he will cross the right/wrong line.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 5, 2013, 11:40 AM

Turn Hot Rod loose.....RIGHT AT A$$Clown!!

Clowney "problem" solved!!

The Chad will have studied the game film and run right at him, so McDowell will be unleashed.

Mark it down.

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

May 5, 2013, 12:16 PM

The only truth in this thread is Clowney drives a Chrysler. It is not new. No one has said what year it is or any facts about it.

Gerald Dixon Sr. Owns a car company in Rock Hill,

May 5, 2013, 12:51 PM

He played at USCjr. I've heard it was him who provided him with the car. Im not sure if Dixon is a booster, but he did play there. But you're right, it's common knowledge around Rock Hill.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But that doesn't matter.

May 5, 2013, 12:53 PM

He plays in the SEC, he will never be caught. The only thing that matters is that we beat him next year.

And he's a good kid.

May 5, 2013, 12:54 PM

Hate the sin, not the sinner.

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic