Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Basketball Recruiting Update: Gabe "Showtime" Devoe TV interview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Basketball Recruiting Update: Gabe "Showtime" Devoe TV interview

Feb 6, 2014, 11:49 PM

Gabe "Showtime" Devoe TV interview

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Basketball Recruiting Update: Gabe "Showtime" Devoe TV interview

Feb 7, 2014, 12:47 AM

As a freshman, I believe this guy is going to be a great help for our offense in more ways than just his shooting skills....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He sure looks like the real deal.***

Feb 7, 2014, 6:41 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Gabe has a scorer's mentality...

Feb 7, 2014, 7:46 AM

Confidence and a just little selfishness.

He seems to think about shooting 1st rather than "running" the offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's gonna have to learn to pass the ball around the

Feb 7, 2014, 7:49 AM

perimeter for 25 seconds before forcing up an awkward last second shot.

;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: He's gonna have to learn to pass the ball around the

Feb 7, 2014, 10:52 AM

Do you think that Coach B will continue to use the same approach in games as the talent level improves? I suspect that the game that you see today will change as better shooters join the program. It appears to me that the coach has developed an approach to all games that gives the Tigers the best chance to be successful. Since we have won 15 games already this year and are in great shape to make one of the post season tournaments, I find it very difficult to be critical of Coach Brownell.

Bing, bang, BOOM!!***

Feb 7, 2014, 4:40 PM

Dang - somebody's meter needs calibrating.

Feb 7, 2014, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Re: He's gonna have to learn to pass the ball around the ]

I thought the ;) was a clue. Clearly Brownlee is doing more with less at this stage.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Gabe has a scorer's mentality...

Feb 7, 2014, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Gabe has a scorer's mentality... ]

Yes he does that but, I think that's what is expected of him from his coaches b/c he wins their games. Give us a real scoring threat, and BB will teach him to play his game with others. I real shooter I think can open up the game for others to get good looks at the basket. Just saying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like a young KJ with a better jump shot: lethal.***

Feb 7, 2014, 7:58 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking maybe a more athletic KC Rivers, or a

Feb 7, 2014, 9:21 AM

bigger Terrell McIntyre. As far as shooting and ball skills go, he looks to be light years ahead of where KJ was at that point, maybe even now.

- H. L. Mencken

Next year, with DeVoe, Grantham and Rooks, we'll

Feb 7, 2014, 9:37 AM

finally have the type shooters on campus that Brownell needs for his system. Granted, they'll be freshmen, but as role players next season, they will add that element and if KJ stays, we should be far better offensivly. Add that to our defense, and we are looking at the beginning of what should be a very successful run

Fingers crossed!***

Feb 7, 2014, 9:46 AM

- H. L. Mencken

I think KJ will stay for his Sr. season. He wants to be a

Feb 7, 2014, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Next year, with DeVoe, Grantham and Rooks, we'll ]

part of what he started and wants to finish. I think next year we will play a tough defense but if we score at a better clip defense will not have to be the way we win next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More athletic KC Rivers = Buckner

Feb 7, 2014, 11:59 AM [ in reply to I was thinking maybe a more athletic KC Rivers, or a ]

I could live with that

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comparisons?

Feb 7, 2014, 10:30 AM

Devoe is another guy from North Carolina who appears to be solid, but doesn't get a sniff from the Tobacco Road schools.

Terrell McIntyre was the same way. A prolific HS scorer who was a key contributor for Rick Barnes' best Tiger teams didn't appeal to UNC, Duke, NCSU or Wake ...

Demontez Stitt wasn't a high scorer in HS, but he was chosen as Mr. Basketball in the Tar Heel state as a senior ... and still no offers came his way from those same schools.

This is the very type of kid that Clemson traditionally pulls in. Occasionally , NC kids getting snubbed in recruiting from in state schools turn out to be highly beneficial for Clemson.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

KC Rivers

Feb 7, 2014, 11:29 AM

Devoe reminds me alil' of KC Rivers.

Hopefully, Brownell plugs him in right away( starter)
we need a 2nd scorer.

Well, they are going after the H.s. all-americans no matter

Feb 7, 2014, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Comparisons? ]

where they are from - let's hope Gabe doesn't get that high of a rating?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Already signed, sealed and delivered.***

Feb 7, 2014, 4:42 PM

Re: Basketball Recruiting Update: Gabe "Showtime" Devoe TV interview

Feb 8, 2014, 1:25 PM

This kid will single-handlely change the face of Clemson basketball...

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Why tiptoe through life to arrive safely at death?" - Little Mac 62

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic