Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More Important Hire... Venables or Morris?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

More Important Hire... Venables or Morris?

Oct 12, 2014, 2:55 AM

?

More important hire...    [Results]

Venables
Morris
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's really both honestly, the offense wouldn't be where it

Oct 12, 2014, 3:08 AM

is if it wasn't for Chad, he's brought in some amazing players and used them effectively, his playcalling has just been lackluster lately.

Same for BV it took him a season to build the squad but he has his guys this season and they are performing greatly.

I would say best hire is Dabo Swinney. People can say what they want about him but if it wasn't for him, taking a paycut and getting both these guys to join the program. He is also possibly the best recruiter we have.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it's really both honestly, the offense wouldn't be where it

Oct 12, 2014, 3:48 AM

I absolutely agree. IMHO however, between the two, I believe Venebles is the better overall coach. With that, I wouldn't want CCM on the opposite side of the field, calling plays for a team we're playing either. There's a reason we pay our coordinators well.

Call me a pumper all you want. Think, when Dabo was hired, did you see us having 3 straigt 10+ win seasons and an Orange Bowl in his 6th(?) year?

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables

Oct 12, 2014, 3:36 AM

No debate

we are seeing a lot of chad's success may have been his

Oct 12, 2014, 7:46 AM

players.. why inst this true for Bret?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Why? Any dc would look good with this personnel***

Oct 12, 2014, 8:04 AM [ in reply to Venables ]

Re: More Important Hire... Venables or Morris?

Oct 12, 2014, 6:03 AM

BV is out coaching Chad right now but if it weren't for Morris, BV wouldn't have left Oklahoma. People started talking about Clemson again with Chad Morris' offense. Everyone took notice including BV.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2014, 7:42 AM

I think both are great coaches. It's hard to say how talented our offense could be if they werent so young and inexperienced.

Well, right now, of course people will say venables

Oct 12, 2014, 7:54 AM

We played a great game on defense. But, I hated our offense for years and years. We are FINALLY cutting edge in offense. Talented offensive skill players actually want to come to DV and play. This was never the case before Morris. Thanks coach Morris for finally making us a relevant offensive team. We've always had a good defense. Steele had one bad year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people are only living in the moment, the same people will

Oct 12, 2014, 8:02 AM

Love morris next year and want bv fired when the defense is rebuilding. I've always given our fans more credit but the posting yesterday has me reconsidering,

that's what I'm thinking also

Oct 12, 2014, 8:36 AM

Next year we'll be counting on the offense to win games.

Morris Was more Important Initially. Our Offense Sucked

Oct 12, 2014, 8:38 AM

Morris changed the culture of Clemson and we should never forget that. Venables completed the equation

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oct 12, 2014, 8:59 AM

Both honestly. One isnt nearly as effective without the other because certain matchups will make each side have a bad day from time to time and the other side has to be there to take the game.

UNC for example had a great offense and found some holes in our defense in the 2nd half, but Morris was there keeping us scoring and we won.

Louisville has a great defense and we lost our QB but BV was there and the defense won the game.

So.. both were great hires and at this point have been equally important.

Morris is the reason we've lost the past three games to USuC***

Oct 12, 2014, 9:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic