Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greedy, Classless and Mildly Talented, But Has The Right
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Greedy, Classless and Mildly Talented, But Has The Right

Sep 5, 2018, 9:48 AM

First off, stop here if you do not want to pummel the horse further. Otherwise, first and foremost Mr. Kapernick is well within his rights to do whatever he chooses when our National colors are displayed.

We all must make sure we don't forget that Colin started this protest not by kneeling but by sitting on the bench and then saying "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way." Let's start with the hypocrisy of this statement, Kapernick after being born to a single mother was put up for adoption and then raised as a child of his alleged "white privilege" by Caucasian parents. The very core of his opportunities and success were provided by a white family so I don't think Kapernick has a foundation upon which to speak credibly of opression, but he does have the right to express his opinions.

Not until a Veteran and his organization "coached" Colin did he convert his poorly thought out cry for attention into kneeling did his "protest" have some semblance of an organized message. We need to keep the story straight and understand that Kapernick initially didn't care who he offended, he just wanted the attention and spotlight as his football spotlight was fading, but Colin does have this right.

The colors of the United States, our Ensign of over 200 years for the greatest nation humanity has ever known has always been associated with the BEST of American society, at the salient moments that defined our nation. From Ft. McHenry to the Civil War to Iwo Jima to Beruit to the Tomb of the Unknown and to our flag being raised and lowered each morning and night at countless military posts and homes across this globe, this flag and what it has stood for have challenged us to embrace the the highest ideals of our Nation.

These colors, most importantly, have also solemnly honored and graced the coffins and of hundreds of thousands Americans and brought some degree of solace and pride to they and their families who have paid the ultimate price. Colin certainly has the right to demand more of our nation, but personally I find the method that he chose to be selfish, lazy, crass, disrespectful and frankly pathetic.

Kapernick is a multi-millionaire and personally did not lift one finger or contribute one dime to bettering people of color until the maelstrom he created forced him to quickly get his own house in order. Maybe I judge him too harshly, but personally having laid my own soldiers and those of other leaders to rest under that shroud of final resting honor, it sickens me that this child of privilege so casually desecrates and hijacks an American ideal for his own personal glory.

Where I truly get sickened is when Nike, the ultimate global oppressor of people of poverty and color, has the unmitigated gall to try to spin Kapernick as a hero of the down-trodden every man. Nike has built it's billion dollar empire upon the backs of the destitute and much like Kapernick now thinks they have a righteous platform to chastise this country's colors, My colors, from. I do think Nike underestimates the backlash their edgy marketers have set them up for.

I want peace, harmony and racial/gender/orientation equity, it does make us better when we take divergent experiences and points of view into account. But to blithely place blame upon a symbol of what is good and pure in this Nation has to be the most inane and insensitive display of cowardice I have ever seen. Mr. Kapernick enjoy your sojourn into infamy and Yes I think You likely are being "Black-Balled" by NFL owners for the choice you made. It may not be fair but I think you and your family line for generations to come will be just fine living off your near to $50 Million dollars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TL; DR***

Sep 5, 2018, 9:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

? ? ?

Sep 5, 2018, 9:53 AM

Please translate

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ? ? ?

Sep 5, 2018, 10:07 AM

It means Too Long; Didn't Read.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Kidz And Yer Internetz Wurds...I'll Voice Record a .WMV

Sep 5, 2018, 10:17 AM

File, so everyone can enjoy

Sep 5, 2018, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: ? ? ? ]

You should read it. He made a lot of sense.

Sep 5, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to ? ? ? ]

Nike sucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: TL; DR***

Sep 5, 2018, 11:27 AM [ in reply to TL; DR*** ]

Yes racism exists. The only reason it is still talked about is because people use it as an excuse for everything. This is all I will say on the subject. Call me what you want or respond however you see fit. I'm tired of hearing about it. Just S T F U about it and do what you get paid millions to do. If you want to help all these "victims" then do it on your own time not your employers or the people that pay to watch a football game. Do it when there are no cameras rolling. I'm done with this topic. Have a great day.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smh...***

Sep 5, 2018, 1:49 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morbid-agree with about 90% of what you said

Sep 5, 2018, 10:20 AM

But to say he can’t speak credibly on the subject of oppression because of his upbringing isn’t accurate.

I am a white, middle-aged male. But I know racism when I see it. I know age-ism when I see it (yes, this is a real thing, ask any working person in their 50’s that’s gotten passed over for a job for a 20-something with less experience just because they command a lower salary). And I know sexism when I see it. As a white, middle-aged male I personally haven’t experienced any of these things, but to say that someone couldn’t speak credibly because of that reason is a bit short sighted. If that were the case, we would have a large shortage of history professors at all levels of education because they wouldn’t be “qualified” to teach the subject!

Your last paragraph sums up things very nicely, and I don’t think Nike is prepared for the “storm” that is headed their way, but much like CK, this was of their choosing.

Cheers and Go Tigers!

Re: Greedy, Classless and Mildly Talented, But Has The Right

Sep 5, 2018, 10:20 AM

Very well stated!

Sep 5, 2018, 10:22 AM

Let's start with the hypocrisy of this statement, Kapernick after being born to a single mother was put up for adoption and then raised as a child of his alleged "white privilege" by Caucasian parents. The very core of his opportunities and success were provided by a white family so I don't think Kapernick has a foundation upon which to speak credibly of opression, but he does have the right to express his opinions.

This statement is the core of the problem minorities have with white people. Just because Kaepernick may not have experienced racism or oppression as a child (your assumption), that means he is not allowed to be sympathetic to the cause? He is not allowed to speak out about it? By extension, this means that white people should not help out with causes or be sympathetic to people of color? Do you understand how much racism bi-racial kids face? I can assume that you don't think racism exists, but if does, you wouldn't care or speak out about it because you don't have to face it. Hopefully, you can see the giant blind spot you present, because it makes the rest of your post irrelevant and uninteresting.

I have never been a victim of domestic abuse so I shouldn't really care that much about it, or be sympathetic to women who have suffered it. Never mind the fact that I may have actually seen it.

See how dumb that is?

Good Point...What I Meant to Convey Was More

Sep 5, 2018, 10:33 AM

That it is ironic that one who likely very much benefited from socioeconomic tailwinds is quite hypocritical for thumbing his nose at the very thing he helped propagate. By association and participation in white middle/upper class rituals of good schools, vacations etc. he de facto I think loses the right to gripe about it.

I do 100% believe in his right to voice his opinion, I just wish he had found a more creative and less vitriolic forum to advocate his point of view. Please don't mistake that for I want him to "stay within the system" Classism I think is a broader even more punishing bias then the subset racism. As America economically more and more morphs into haves and have nots the poorer people of our society have less opportunity than generations preceding them.

Easier for you to just turn channel during SSB

Sep 5, 2018, 10:52 AM

So much butthurt. Just turn the channel instead of clogging up a Clemson sports page with more political drivel.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly sports is politics now***

Sep 5, 2018, 10:59 AM

And a gigantic

Sep 5, 2018, 11:19 AM

Thanks from the folks at Nike who are loving all this free publicity!

Sep 5, 2018, 11:27 AM

Wrong board

Sep 5, 2018, 11:38 AM

Mr. Kaepernick has the right to say whatever he wants. I don't understand it and don't think his methods are appropriate for his stated cause, BUT many brave Americans have died to provide him with that right. I also have the right to turn off the tv and buy my sports gear from someone besides Nike. Now, back to Tiger football . . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve seen a lot of jokey, silly posts from

Sep 5, 2018, 11:53 AM

morbidtiger over the years but this one was well thought out and well written.

Nicely done.

Sep 5, 2018, 12:45 PM

Here's my take on the CK situation. Being a veteran and defending this great country I do understand that he has the right to do and say what he wants within reason. "Can't yell fire in a crowded theater." I'll never try to say that he doesn't. This all started when he got benched because of his performance. Where was he when he was starting? Standing. My belief is he was mad about getting benched and wasn't thinking about the National Anthem. The network decided to ask him about it and instead of telling the truth he came up with the first thing that came to his head. It was easy picking because of what was happening in America at the time. Police shooting and being shot regular. Now he goes and says how oppressive this country has been to people of color but then stands up for the Cuban regime which happens to be one of the most oppressive governments in the world. He even donates money to a convicted cop killer's (JoAnne Deborah Byron) family that hiding in Cuba instead of working to help America better. At this point he shows that the only ones that matter to him is people that kill cops. This is my problem with CK. IT has nothing to do with him kneeling for the National Anthem. Heck he wasn't kneeling when this all started he was sitting on the bench mad because he was benched because he couldn't lead his team to victory.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 1:55 PM

And I have the right to call him a POS, Black Racist Supremacist that was more in favor of his own self-interests, and does not give a rat's ### about AMERICA. Screw him. I hope he dies homeless and broke. He needs to leave the country he hates so much, and find a country that will accept his sorry ###.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic