Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte vs Jack recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Monte vs Jack recruiting

Jul 4, 2018, 7:35 PM

I know most of y’all arent worried about baseball anymore but I’m one of the few that thinks about it year round. So that brings me to my question, what’s the differences between Jack and Monte’s recruiting? It seems Monte tends to recruit in-state guys that aren’t ranked as high while Jack goes for the big named guys from surrounding areas like Georgia or Florida. I’ve gotten the vibe that Jack was a better recruiter but Monte is a better coach (than Jack at the end of his career). I’ve wondered why Monte can’t get his top prospects to forgo the draft like Jack did. Any ideas?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monte vs Jack recruiting

Jul 4, 2018, 8:07 PM

Almost everyone in here complained that Jack did not recruit enough in SC. Now some say Monte recruits too much in state. I'm good with whatever Monte does.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 9:01 PM

Absolutely did!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 10:15 PM

You’re saying jack did recruit sc good or monte?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 8:09 PM

Jack did it the way he was gifted to do it and Monte does it his way, I’m sure he’s still growing and learning what are the best methods to make him successful. I think he has recruited well and he will get better each an every year like Dabo has with football. Monte is still growing and still reaching his potential, I believe his ceiling is very high so hang on and watch him grow. We got a good coach just trust him to grow into his thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 5, 2018, 8:03 AM

Dabo grew up very quickly. He averaged 6.3 wins his first three years and 11.7 since. Next year will be ML's fourth year, how much longer are you willing to let him grow?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2018, 8:07 AM

LMFAO. ALLOW HIM TO GROW. HE WON 47 GAMES THIS YEAR AND TIED FOR BEST RECORD IN ACC. WON ACC IN 1ST YEAR. HE KNOWS WHAT THE GOALS ARE AT CLEMSON. WE HAVE LOST 3 STRAIGHT REGIONALS FOR SURE BUT A LOT HAS TO DO WITH MATCHUPS. WE HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN AN EASY DRAW YET. MONTE STARTS NEXT YEAR WITH ALL OF "HIS" GUYS. PRETTY SURE WE WILL BE JUST FINE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2018, 8:14 AM

He will win maybe during regular season but never get clemson to cws . He has never coached a team to cws!

Jul 5, 2018, 11:43 AM

Jack had never been to Omaha until he did , Dabo had NEVER coached a team to the playoffs and a national championship before he did , Larry Penley had never done that until he did , old Brownell never made a Sweet 16 until he did .

See how ridiculously shortsighted and impatient your post sounds ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 5, 2018, 11:54 AM

VERY WELL PUT.

Jul 5, 2018, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte vs Jack recruiting ]

I repeat monte lee will never get there while at clemson! If he does i will get off tigernet and leave it to porky pig Ned Beaty De Roberts

Jul 5, 2018, 12:05 PM

nice to see my stalker is still around.

Jul 5, 2018, 12:07 PM

You stalk everyone’s post idiot!

Jul 5, 2018, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Monte vs Jack recruiting ]

First I ask is your caps key stuck? You are exactly right we have lost three straight regionals (at home) and I don't want to hear about match ups and luck-of-the draw, a weak excuse at best. What does 47 wins mean if you can't win a regional on your own field? You line up and play whoever shows up and you better dang well have a good game plan in place to win. All I am trying to point out is that after next year we see the same collapse at year's end it could and should be time to be a little bit concerned. By the way most of his success has been due to players recruited by Jack and a good day to you sir!

Jul 5, 2018, 8:50 AM

SINCE YOU SEEM TO KNOW ALL ABOUT CLEMSON BASEBALL PLEASE INFORM US ON THE PLAYERS OTHER THAN SETH THAT WERE HERE WHEN MONTE GOT HERE. SETH AND WHO. SETH HAD TO BE RERECRUITED BY MONTE WHEN HE GOT HERE BY THE WAY.

Jul 5, 2018, 9:16 PM

I do not claim to know all, but I do know this you are a nincompoop!

Re: recruiting. Billy Wingo called Legget and asked

Jul 4, 2018, 8:12 PM

him, being a former Clemson player that went to Omaha, to look at his son at Mauldin High. Legget said, “We recruit nationally.” Well, you know the rsst. Wingo’s son went to USux and was the MVP of the National Championship!

Jul 4, 2018, 8:50 PM

dead horse award. we did recruit young wingo, but did not really push for him because we had a better player in mike freeman. i know billy, and while he would have loved to see his son at CU, he understood the situation. his wife had more hard feelings than billy. It worked out well for all concerned. freeman and scott wingo both had nice college careers.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: recruiting. Billy Wingo called Legget and asked ]

and the guy leggett had at 2nd base is now in the major leaguis just so weakes. the wingo scenario

Oddly,

Jul 4, 2018, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: recruiting. Billy Wingo called Legget and asked ]

Freeman had better stats than Wingo, so there's that.

null

Not worried at all.

Jul 4, 2018, 8:37 PM

Monte's going to take us to the promised land if we let him.

Re: Not worried at all.

Jul 5, 2018, 8:42 AM

I think you forgot that it took forty, yes forty years to reach the promise land. I ain't willing to wait that long.

Jul 4, 2018, 8:49 PM

lol smfh. every year lose a player or 2 to the draft. every school does. if you think about baseball year round it would seem to me you would know a little bit about what you are talking about.

Jul 4, 2018, 11:22 PM

Thanks sir real kind of you. But if you look at those other schools you’ll see usually they will bring in guys every year that should be drafted high unlike us where we get screwed with our top recruits going almost every year except for a few exceptions (Seth beer for ex)

Jul 5, 2018, 7:21 AM

unc had their class decimated 3 years ago, hence it hurt them on the field. we are going to bring in at least 3 guys that "should" have been drafted this year. at this point we have only lost 1 recruit from this class. we will find out about the other one tomorrow. like i said maybe do a little more research before saying things that are not to bright.

Jul 4, 2018, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Monte vs Jack recruiting ]

Monte Lee can’t even hold Jack Leggett’s jock strap!! Lose 3 home regionals in a row , sooner get rid of him the better!! My opinion! Good in season coach worthless post season!

Jul 4, 2018, 9:01 PM

Other than random final recruiting rankings, I’ve never figured out how services derive these results, unlike other sports.

Re: Monte vs Jack recruiting And

Jul 4, 2018, 10:33 PM

That’s one thing I’ve always been confused about. Are the final rankings based on actual players that come and play or the recruits that go draft.

Anyway, I agree with the above that Monte will get us there. Not going to be overnight. However there is a ton of talent in state. Win the state first then win the region recruiting etc.

Monte seems to be recruiting pitching first then athletes with speed and defense and versatility. Got a good one coming from flora in 2020... good looking shortstop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2018, 10:11 PM

Get over it! Jack was let go in the nicest way possible because Clemson baseball was in decline. Monte is the coach NOW start supporting him.

Jul 4, 2018, 11:20 PM

I fully support Monte, I was simply commenting on the differences in their recruiting strategies

Baseball Recruiting is A Crap Shoot.

Jul 4, 2018, 10:35 PM

Sign great players and they all sign pro contracts - then you are left scrambling.

null

Jul 4, 2018, 11:02 PM

I’m all for drad doing everything that we need to do in order to compete with endowments. Money, facilities, 100% full scholarships or whatever it takes to be a fla, vandy, texas tech r whoever that seems to be in Omaha every year.

Re: Monte vs Jack recruiting- the toughest sport to recruit

Jul 5, 2018, 6:10 AM

limited scholarship #'s and the pros can take them from HS. You recruit a kid all year then if he is highly drafted he goes pro possibly. You want the best ones possible that will attend but there is no way to know that till the draft and they decide. You just hope to have a good track record on who you can get to come to school. way tougher balancing act in scholarship numbers and in the draft

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack should be made an ambassador to

Jul 5, 2018, 7:30 AM

the team. He is still close to the team,coming to the games, is all in & is a great recruiter

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic