Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mont Adams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,045

Mont Adams

Feb 5, 2013, 11:42 AM

It would be great to get him but I would much rather develop the talent we have. We have a very solid dline. It just needs to be developed. Lets focus on that and beating the SEC schools this year and next year the talent will roll in. This needs to be an impact year for the Tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nobody in their right mind would "rather" have that........

Feb 5, 2013, 11:47 AM

"we're" saying that now b/c he's not coming here, but you would ALWAYS RATHER have a "ready made" prospect that can come in and have an immediate impact as opposed to "developmental" player

there's always a "developmental" process with guys, but the LESS development they need, they less "coaching up" they need, the more RAW talent they have..........the BETTER.

we do have a "solid" dline right now, but given the choice I would have MUCH rather signed Montravius Adams

don't let the sour grapes show

no kidding....you'd rather have the great player any day

Feb 5, 2013, 11:49 AM

I can't wait to hear the spin tomorrow if Adams does go to Auburn....we filled our needs...got the kids we wanted...etc. You need these great players to get over the hump in critical games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im with you! We have good talent that we will develop AND we

Feb 5, 2013, 11:49 AM [ in reply to nobody in their right mind would "rather" have that........ ]

are going to keep bringing in talent to create that depth!!

Re: Im with you! We have good talent that we will develop AND we

Feb 5, 2013, 11:54 AM

If we lose Adams, it will be a big loss, plain and simple. That is a separate issue from who we already have on hand. Maybe Adams is going to Auburn, but I have yet to see a single llegitimate source to confirm that.

Adams has the physical tools to be on the level of an

Feb 5, 2013, 11:50 AM

Ndamukong Suh. You don't turn down that kind of talent. I'd place money on Adams being on the 2-deep as a freshman wherever he goes, starting as a sophomore and junior, and then going pro as a first round pick.

Re: Mont Adams

Feb 5, 2013, 12:03 PM

His own high school coach said that he didn't think that Adams could come in and start, but that he could play some downs. Adams, if he comes to Clemson, will have to develop just like some of the others, and his own high school coach spoke to that issue.

Can he help, certainly, but it wouldn't be until the later part of the season.

I hope he signs with Clemson, but life will go on and so will Clemson if he doesn't. I personally think if he doesn't sign with Clemson, he will probably regret the decision, but the decision is HIS to make regardless if he has "handlers," "mentors" or whatever they choose to call it. Even with the so called "handlers" HE still has to make a choice.

He will live with the decision.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,045
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic