Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yeah lets let congress help
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Yeah lets let congress help

Feb 12, 2020, 7:53 AM

What could possibly go wrong with that. https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/28680672/ncaa-president-mark-emmert-seeks-senate-help-topic-athlete-pay

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Money and sex......

Feb 12, 2020, 7:56 AM

Screw up more that's "good" in this world than everything else. Combined.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just when you thought the NCAA couldn't get

Feb 12, 2020, 8:14 AM

any less relevant they turn to big brother. Smh

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just when you thought the NCAA couldn't get

Feb 12, 2020, 8:27 AM

You do know that Emmert only does what the university presidents tell him to do, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't afford Congressional

Feb 12, 2020, 8:30 AM

Aid. Their last effort quintupled my health insurance. I'll pass on future assistance, thank you very much!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And this invalidates my point how, exactly? The

Feb 12, 2020, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Just when you thought the NCAA couldn't get ]

whole gist of the article is that the NCAA can't enforce their own rules so they want congress pass laws re: student athlete pay. And it STILL won't prevent cheating. There will always be those who think laws are meant to be broken and winning is worth the risk.

Re: Yeah lets let congress help

Feb 12, 2020, 8:50 AM

The Dims have agreed to help if the NCAA allows "illegals" to play, and they will be paid, but not any Americans.

That would fit their agenda****

Feb 12, 2020, 7:32 PM

This appears to be the NCAA cinching the noose around their

Feb 12, 2020, 9:19 AM

neck as they take their final steps toward suicide. The NCAA wants to make a deal with the devil (Congress) and will eventually get burned for doing so. Ask for Congressional intervention once and Congress will own the NCAA and college sports until it dies.

Congress might start by "leveling" the field for the NCAA on athlete endorsements/likeness pay, but that will just be the beginning. Politicians just love to grab power and will see this as an opportunity to legislate other NCAA things. I can see it now - Congress, under the guise of "player safety", will determine that college football is "too violent" and institute rule changes to prohibit tackling, blocking and running fast. Congress will also institute limits on talent level - it is unfair for certain teams to have more 4/5 star talent than others - this must be equally spread among all teams. Next Congress will look into team diversity requirements and pass mandatory quotas for gender, sexual orientation, and any other micro-group they feel is under-represented.

The NCAA is dead man walking because they failed to be pro-active with player issues (among other things) and are going to pay the price for it. The NCAA will become even more toothless and irrelevant or be dissolved all together. I don't know how long it will take, but I fear that college football, as we all enjoy it today, will end up being a casualty as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, getting Congress involved always works out well.***

Feb 12, 2020, 9:23 AM

Re: Yeah, getting Congress involved always works out well.***

Feb 12, 2020, 10:42 AM

The NCAA can't do anything anymore. No teeth whatsoever. They need to hire some good lawyers to defeat the dishonest ones like UNC hired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah lets let congress help

Feb 12, 2020, 5:03 PM

If ever we needed someone with a history of screwing up to solve a problem, dial "CONGRESS" or "NCAA".Just imagine the havoc and chaos they would create if they were working together.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Help us do the job we're meant to do, please"***

Feb 12, 2020, 5:12 PM

Clemson

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic