Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mitchell Mayes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Mitchell Mayes

Apr 29, 2019, 11:57 AM

Now ranked a Five Star on ESPN. And Walker Parks moves up to #84

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/rn300/sort/rank/class/2020

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mitchell Mayes

Apr 29, 2019, 12:00 PM

Whoops 87 for Walker

D.J. dropped to #50 eh? Not the top QB anymore per this list***

Apr 29, 2019, 12:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only a star,but still #1 QB

Apr 29, 2019, 12:09 PM

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/position/quarterback-pocket-passer/class/2020/view/position

Lol @ ESPN rankings

Apr 29, 2019, 12:10 PM [ in reply to D.J. dropped to #50 eh? Not the top QB anymore per this list*** ]

Guess they didn't learn from Lawrence vs Fields

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except,as of this posting ,DJU is the #1 PP QB

Apr 29, 2019, 12:15 PM

,while still being listed as the 60th best overall player.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/224299/dj-uiagalelei

Re: Except,as of this posting ,DJU is the #1 PP QB

Apr 29, 2019, 1:10 PM

I may be wrong but DJ is playing baseball this spring and is most likely not hitting the camp cycle.

All of these recruiting suites update rankings based on their camps during the offseason.

I'm not sure if that is the sole reason for his drop but it is likely playing a huge part.

Also, ESPN is quickly falling behind the others in terms of quality scouting to determine their rankings.

Re: D.J. dropped to #50 eh? Not the top QB anymore per this list***

Apr 29, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to D.J. dropped to #50 eh? Not the top QB anymore per this list*** ]

Breese wasn't the top player anymore either. would he have still been the top player if it had been Bama that he committed to??? Yes NO DOUBT bc the biases at ESECPN for the sec is way over whelming!!! We hear all the time about the sec type of player, well IMO there isn't any such thing other than a label that is added by ESECPN for players that chooses to play for the sec. Just bc ESECPN has put a label on them, it surely doesn't mean they are better players over any other player that chooses a different Team of a different conference just bc ESPN has the most money invested in the SEC. "SEC Type Players" is only a "MYTHICAL NAME" that ESPN has applied to their biggest investment in college sports!!! The all mighty $$$$ does not equal better players!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2019, 12:42 PM

Fired up for a Monday! I like it and agree with everything you said. However, the tide is turning. I hope we get all the 2020 prospects that are leaning our way, but someone else gets the title of #1 recruiting class. I love it when Dabo gets free motivation ammo. Just remember to let the talking heads chirp while we fly stealthily under the radar.

Apr 29, 2019, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: D.J. dropped to #50 eh? Not the top QB anymore per this list*** ]

Bresee wasn’t number 1 on ESPN before he committed relax.

Apr 29, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: D.J. dropped to #50 eh? Not the top QB anymore per this list*** ]

Breese was never the #1 player in the ESPN rankings. He was and still is the #1 player in the 247 rankings. Clemson has 6 of the top 50 ESPN prospects, and 7 of the top 100. Can we please stop trying to find a conspiracy in everything?

Love how it’s a systemic devaluing of our recruits

Apr 29, 2019, 2:27 PM

In a post about one of our recruits making a big jump up the board,

Apr 29, 2019, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Re: D.J. dropped to #50 eh? Not the top QB anymore per this list*** ]

Also, Bama has 1 guy ranked in their top 50, and 5 ranked in the top 100 for comparison.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic