Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Patrick Rooks Basketball Highlights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Patrick Rooks Basketball Highlights

Mar 5, 2013, 11:53 PM

Patrick Rooks Basketball Highlights

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Patrick Rooks Basketball Highlights

Mar 6, 2013, 6:32 AM

Well sorry to say it but big deal . Played in a little league against inferior competition . Gimme a shooter who can win against the Indepence a West Charlotte, West Meck. Etc. Etc. not these little Christian leagues.. Need a reference .. See Bobo who graduated last year .yes I know he was OP's .. Just saying.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2013, 8:54 PM

Ive seen this kid rip up the summer AAU sessions. Ive seen him step up against top notch players. Research the Carolina Challenge and Dave Telep. Also note that he attends the same high school Steph and Seth Curry attended. People slept on them because they thought they played against nobody's. Give this kid a chance like Davidson and Liberty/Duke gave the Curry's.

Jun 30, 2013, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Patrick Rooks Basketball Highlights ]

Hey Waynsville,Gaines Adams played 8 man football in high school,competition must have been his problem too! Just saying ,don't knock the kid.I'm glad he is going to be a tiger,need all the help we can get!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He looks like a Devin Coleman clone.***

Mar 6, 2013, 8:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kc Rivers?.******

Mar 6, 2013, 1:08 PM

very similar to KC***

Mar 6, 2013, 1:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Things I noticed by watching this video...

Mar 6, 2013, 9:17 AM

Great shooter.

Not very confident going right and did not see one right handed lay-up.

If he went right, he would choose a jumper or would switch to his left.

He needs to work on his right hand a lot over this summer to compete in ACC Basketball (or college basketball in general). I know he is a shooting guard, but he needs to work on his dribbling, but as long as he can shoot like that, I am glad he is going to be a Tiger.

Shame on you!

Mar 6, 2013, 1:10 PM

for not praising this KID to the FULL max!!

Nah, j/k.

I see ya point, and I'm sure he'll work on those things.
He can flat out shoot the ball, and that's what we need.

good pick up....you can draw a line down the middle of the

Mar 6, 2013, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Things I noticed by watching this video... ]

court with him and know which side he's going to drive on.....you would constantly want to push this kid to his right if you were guarding him. That can be seen with a lot of players even at the NBA level. Very good shooter but he's playing against smaller players who aren't as fast as him so he doesn't have to get his shot off fast.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No competition in the private schools in NC & SC

Mar 6, 2013, 11:01 AM

Same kind of ball that Mitch came from in SC

Re: No competition in the private schools in NC & SC

Mar 6, 2013, 8:43 PM

This kid was on a summer aau team that made it to the final 4. Everyone knows, high school play is not the end all be all. Steph Curry went to the same school Rooks went to...Its about opporunity. If he gets the opportunity at Clemson, he will be fine.

Re: No competition in the private schools in NC & SC

Jun 27, 2013, 4:42 PM

I have watched Rooks play on a few ocassions during high school and on the AAU circuit. Last summer he plyed with Team Loaded out of Virginia. Those of you who know anything about AAU ball know that TL is one of the toughest summer teams on the circuit who typically win big events. They are sponsored and only carry 8 players. Rooks was their leading scorer. He lit up during the Dave Telep Challenge after his freshman year. Good kid from a good family, and he always has a good attitude. The Brad Brownell type of guy.

Mitch who?***

Mar 6, 2013, 10:12 PM [ in reply to No competition in the private schools in NC & SC ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic