Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: ACC announces three legislative proposals
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,747

FB Update: ACC announces three legislative proposals

Dec 1, 2014, 4:34 PM

ACC announces three legislative proposals

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: ACC announces three legislative proposals

Dec 1, 2014, 4:41 PM

Seems to me that instead of simply preventing schools from pulling a scholly from an injured player, it would be better to create a special designation allowing them to stay on scholarship but not count against the 85-scholarship limit. This would be the best of both worlds in that it allows the player to continue their education as promised while not penalizing the school for happenings truly beyond their/the player's control.

That already exists and most schools do it***

Dec 1, 2014, 4:55 PM

Re: The Scholarship Renewal proposal.....

Dec 1, 2014, 4:55 PM

There'll be ZERO SEC football coaches or AD's supporting this legislative proposal to the NCAA.

This "5 year streak" Clemson just put the kibosh on was as much a result of Spurrier's instituting a practice of oversigning recruits and cutting scholarship recipients as it was usuck taking advantage of the great recruiting disaster after Bowden resigned (depth issues have been a concern since that 12 man class). That the usuck administration would even allow Spurrier's despicable practice to be put into implementation is equally deplorable.

and Spurrier's admission that he'd found a way around compliance with the NCAA's APR rules is just more evidence that no one at usuck is committed to following the rules. usuck can barely compete even with their absence of ethical conduct.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Scholarship Renewal proposal.....

Dec 1, 2014, 6:00 PM

Well just depends on how this is written. I believe scu has already agreed to a 4-year scholarship guarantee. It means the student-athletes are guaranteed a free education (the student part) but it doesn't guarantee they will be on the team for 4 years (the athlete part).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should have also proposed a head shot to Maryland. As

Dec 1, 2014, 4:59 PM

with all zombies it's the only way to make sure that they don't come back.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'VE GOT AN NCAAF/ACC PROPOSAL!!!

Dec 1, 2014, 5:29 PM

How about we fix & get control of these ridiculous officiating rules blunders!!!!
It's ruining the game & for some reason the $EC Refs, or any officials for that matter, can't seem to get it right when it comes to us!
Sadly, it's sooo sickenIngly obvious on replays how horribly biased it is against us.

Poor Stephone Anthony has to miss part of his senior final game & bowl-game for a load of BS!!!! There're certainly many other players that have been put in this situation as well, but I notice when it's Clemson because I'm there watching usually or able to replay it live.
it's a load of crap that they can't get it right in the booths with this on-spot review deal they came up with...and it can't be repealed after further review by a panel???? WTH?

Also, fix this fumbling review....PLEASE!!! It's unmentionable how many times that's bitten us, including Saturday. That call was a gut-wrenching head-scratcher!!!

If we're gonna fix football, fix all of it starting with the instant reviews...use more freaking camera's & view angles!
Just sayin...

GO TIGERS! :)
GREAT WIN AGAIN!....& again, & again, etc, infinity...hopefully!

Re: Worst officiating year I can remember

Dec 1, 2014, 8:34 PM

It was absolutely the worst officiating year
I can remember. That's why I've said on several
occasions, they need to be investigated, especially
the booth review. When it's that obvious, it makes
it look like they are attempting to influence the
game. The last half of the season, it's been
every game except one.

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'VE GOT AN NCAAF/ACC PROPOSAL!!!

Dec 1, 2014, 10:29 PM [ in reply to I'VE GOT AN NCAAF/ACC PROPOSAL!!! ]

I agree about the Anthony hit, but the no call on the fumble was far from "gut-wrenching". The game was over with a minute to go.

I settle for some decent officials*

Dec 1, 2014, 6:24 PM

nm

Misspelled "deceased"...***

Dec 2, 2014, 2:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,747
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic