Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Missouri football strike... how will it end?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Missouri football strike... how will it end?

Nov 9, 2015, 8:13 AM

If the strike is successful in getting the president fired (or "resigned"), it will likely set a precedent. If the strike lingers and games are forfeited it will leave a bad taste on everyone's mouth and may ruin our magical run, esp. if we get Ferguson type riots at/near major venues.

Not a good situation. If someone yells a racial slur at me can I demand my company_president/governor/president resign for failure to address "culture of intolerance"?

For good of the game I hope Mizzou drops out of SEC and div I and moves D-III where actually it is better all the way around.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's complicated.

Nov 9, 2015, 8:14 AM

I have no opinion on this issue. It is interesting.

don't they all lose their scholarships and have to leave? or

Nov 9, 2015, 8:15 AM

are all these walk-ons?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

hope it drags out for several years***

Nov 9, 2015, 8:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mizzou will capitulate and fire him. He will in turn, and

Nov 9, 2015, 8:27 AM

rightfully so, sue the hell out of them for defamation of character.

Re: Missouri football strike... how will it end?

Nov 9, 2015, 8:29 AM

I've read 4 articles on this now... All say they want the pres to do more.

What did the Pres actually do wrong? What am I missing?

The football team's strike made it national news...

Nov 9, 2015, 8:30 AM

all of a sudden. The backstory of this has gone on for quite a while apparently. Nationally, people don't really have a clue what's going on. Locally is another story.

Re: The football team's strike made it national news...

Nov 9, 2015, 8:43 AM

If players want to stand for what they believe in then that is their right and I sopport that and believe in that. But there are consequences for our actions as well. If these players will not participate in football related activities then those who are on scholarship should loose that scholarship while they strike.

I do not believe that just becouse a few no matter what the situation is does not like the a certain situation can demand a firing or action just becouse they want it. There are better methods.

Nov 9, 2015, 8:43 AM [ in reply to The football team's strike made it national news... ]

If players want to stand for what they believe in then that is their right and I sopport that and believe in that. But there are consequences for our actions as well. If these players will not participate in football related activities then those who are on scholarship should loose that scholarship while they strike.

I do not believe that just becouse a few no matter what the situation is does not like the a certain situation can demand a firing or action just becouse they want it. There are better methods.

Nov 9, 2015, 8:44 AM

Gary Pinkel supports them.

Nov 9, 2015, 9:10 AM

whether he does or not he has to say that or he will lose the team if they happen to come back.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Also has to think about recruiting...***

Nov 9, 2015, 9:10 AM

Re: Also has to think about recruiting...***

Nov 9, 2015, 9:28 AM

yep

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Somtimes drawing the line against the Pres is not a good

Nov 9, 2015, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: The football team's strike made it national news... ]

thing to do as a football coach. Either they play Saturday or the coach will be fired with due cause, meaning no buyout. He won't ever be a head coach again in his life. I admire him for his beliefs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"White Male Privilege"

Nov 9, 2015, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Missouri football strike... how will it end? ]

http://www.columbiatribune.com/list-of-demands-from-concerned-student-group/pdf_345ad844-9f05-5479-9b64-e4b362b4e155.html

I. We demand that the University of Missouri System
President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten
apology to the Concerned Student 1­9­5­0 demonstrat
ors and holds a press conference in the
Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the le
tter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe
must acknowledge his white male privilege
, recogniz
e that systems of oppression exist, and
provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned
Student 1­9­5­0 demands. We want Tim
Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing hi
s driver to hit one of the demonstrators,
consenting to the physical violence of bystanders,
and lastly refusing to intervene when
Columbia Police Department used excessive force wit
h demonstrators.

Clemson football isn't fancy. Clemson football is having a good kicking game, winning with the kicking game, hit you on defense, don't turn the ball over and be able to control the ball.
-Danny Ford

my fav part of the Obama years: the improved race relations and harmony.***

Nov 9, 2015, 8:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Very true....

Nov 9, 2015, 8:46 AM

It was fairly obvious a swath of white people weren't going to react well to the Obama years. They just never accepted it.

yeah, whities should stop protesting all the time.***

Nov 9, 2015, 8:50 AM

They really should, Swimmer, like posting

Nov 9, 2015, 8:54 AM

this in a Football section to get all the racial rabble going here on TNet where it is fairly obvious 95% of the people here are Conservative, white, and hate Obama, and tend to always give off the vibe minorities just need to shut the hell up. My .02. Moving on to football talk now....

sorry Face, thought this thread was on a racial topic. my bad.***

Nov 9, 2015, 9:03 AM

Re: yeah, whities should stop protesting all the time.***

Nov 9, 2015, 9:02 AM [ in reply to yeah, whities should stop protesting all the time.*** ]

You're right, they should just shut up and take the hand they were dealt.

Re: yeah, whities should stop protesting all the time.***

Nov 9, 2015, 9:03 AM [ in reply to yeah, whities should stop protesting all the time.*** ]

Nah, more like they should stop pitching a fit when told they aren't allowed to act overtly racist anymore. Because if you're paying any attention, that's mostly what's happening. Overreaction after overreaction from white people.

Now, that's not to say that the black community can't act better. But the two aren't mutually exclusive. Truth be told, there have to be as many Americans tired of the whiny white Southern conservative as they are the inner-city hell-raising thug.

That's a whole new level of annoying.

Amen and more to the point and better said

Nov 9, 2015, 9:12 AM

than my rant. It would be nice to see the whining stop on both sides of the spectrum and to Swimmer's point, I believe the white folk will simmer down a bit when he's gone. Then the misogynistic, easily threatened by women crowd will step up to the plate when Hillary comes in which...well....will involve alot of the same people you just spoke about.

Nov 9, 2015, 8:36 AM

Maybe all SEC teams boycott the rest of their games. I smell a set up here. Some liberals have fueled this. I hope the President stays firm and does not resign. I think a losing football team that is mostly black should be careful about what they are doing. Can change things that are real important to them. This is not going to end well. When someone complains racism and then demands a bunch of white folks need to lose their jobs is playing with fire!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, we're #1 in the polls and we have the best team we've..

Nov 9, 2015, 8:40 AM

had in 30+ years. Why are we discussing one of the few topic which can divide our fans and reek havoc at our University?

Please RA the OP and get this topic off our main board.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!***

Nov 9, 2015, 8:44 AM

lol if missouri was undefeated............***

Nov 9, 2015, 8:54 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 9, 2015, 9:00 AM

They should hire the SC State President that ran that school into the ground.

With a 4-5 record how will anyone notice it they end the

Nov 9, 2015, 9:09 AM

strike?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Mizzou prez stepping down would be the worst decision

Nov 9, 2015, 9:09 AM

Essentially you have an extortion situation going on right now. Someone doesn't like the pres and they are trying to force him out. There appears to be 3 events that are bothering people: 1) someone "racially abused", 2) someone yelled the "N-word" at a group of black students, and 3) someone put a swastika on a bathroom wall. I'm not sure what (1) means, (2) is protected freedom of speech, and they don't know who did (3) (or even if it was racially motivated). I'm not sure what they expect him to do about those.

Regardless giving into extortion sets a terrible precedent for a university president. He will eventually be gone but now is definitely not the time to do that. Frankly they should just call the players bluff and forfeit the next game (or two). Once the players see the administration isn't going to give into their wishes they by-and-large will stop this and get back to work. Those that don't should lose their scholarships.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic