Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Minutes away from my LASIK procedure.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 331

Minutes away from my LASIK procedure.

Sep 22, 2014, 3:02 PM

If I don't post about it later, it's cause I can't see anything and will be wallowing in darkness and self pity.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its easy and quick

Sep 22, 2014, 3:15 PM

its freaky tho when they lift your cornea up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you're probably feeling really good about now.***

Sep 22, 2014, 3:27 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good luck!

Sep 22, 2014, 3:29 PM

I had mine 4 years ago, and I'm almost recovered.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

kidding?

Sep 22, 2014, 3:44 PM

I hope.

I'm thinking about doing it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, not kidding.***

Sep 22, 2014, 3:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

where'd you go? I'll cross that one off my list***

Sep 22, 2014, 3:49 PM

Re: where'd you go? I'll cross that one off my list***

Sep 22, 2014, 3:55 PM

http://www.cornealassociates.com/index.html

- Jonathan Swift

Go with PRK. It takes a few days to clear up after

Sep 22, 2014, 3:51 PM [ in reply to kidding? ]

the procedure but it does not involve cutting/lifting the cornea. Thus it is an even lower risk procedure.

Had mine done on a Wednesday, and was driving by Sunday.

Re: Good luck!

Sep 23, 2014, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Good luck! ]

Dry eyes? starbursts?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll wish you had done it sooner. Had mine ten years

Sep 22, 2014, 8:58 PM

ago next month and still am good to go.

True story: on a follow up for a little fine-tuning a young fellow and his wife were waiting for his first procedure, and they were definitely backwoods' types. When he asked me if there were any side effects, I said, "No, except your tongue will be hanging out for a couple of hours."

His wife reached across, slapped his shoulder and said, "I told you to brush yer dang teeth, Fool!"

Even the attendants were rolling on the floor....lol

Good luck! (Tips: avoid fluorescent lights for a few days and get a good pair of sunglasses.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You'll wish you had done it sooner. Had mine ten years

Sep 22, 2014, 9:07 PM

That's good advice. I had one done in December. I had reflections from the side from lights at night. That went away after couple months. Takes a while to get used to seeing so good. Now I wish other eye was as good and it's 20/20.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 331
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic