Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Minnesota vs Penn State has a 0% chance of getting gameday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Minnesota vs Penn State has a 0% chance of getting gameday

Oct 29, 2019, 11:37 AM

The world would have to end to keep those guys from going to bama vs LSU

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Minnesota vs Penn State has a 0% chance of getting gameday

Oct 29, 2019, 11:49 AM

Two SEC prima donnas, you are right, no chance Minnesota. ESPN is already salivating over how much of a love fest this is going to be. Nauseating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i Wish they would go to Minneapolis

Oct 29, 2019, 11:52 AM

They can go to Tuscaloosa any year.

Oct 29, 2019, 11:57 AM

Of course! No way they let a “Game of the Century” go without GD.

plus Rece is a Bama guy so he can visit his pals***

Oct 29, 2019, 11:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 11:58 AM

My prediction still holds true. After Corso got booed for picking Clemson back in 2016, they have never done another regular Saturday gameday in Clemson since. I don't care one way or the other. Just pointing that out. Surely Corso will retire soon and then they will come back.

Oct 29, 2019, 1:14 PM

We really haven't had any huge games at home since that point though. I'd think if Corso was holding some sort of grudge that they wouldn't have come for our opener against GT this year regardless of what day of the week it was. He also picked us against Bama last year when not many people were doing so.

Oct 29, 2019, 1:20 PM

I'm not saying it's a grudge. I'm saying it doesn't fit their television narrative for the whole Gameday show to lead up to the headgear pick and the home fans don't want him to pick them. The Thursday night game, all of the fans were in the stands waiting for the game and nobody heard his pick or reacted to it. When Corso does a gameday pick in front of a Clemson gameday crowd on Bowman field, feel free to tell me I am wrong.

Oct 29, 2019, 1:23 PM

I honestly think they found it funny, and that they're happy as long as they get some sort of reaction either way. I could certainly be wrong about that, but if for instance, FSU had been unbeaten and ranked in the top 10 going into our game a few weeks ago then Gameday would have been all over that IMO.

Oct 29, 2019, 1:34 PM

FSU being undefeated is a big "if." I said this in 2017 and was told I was wrong. Then I repeated it in 2018 and was told I was wrong. Now it's 2019 and they still aren't doing a full Gameday in Clemson. We'll see what happens next year.

Oct 29, 2019, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota vs Penn State has a 0% chance of getting gameday ]

Lol not everything is some anti Clemson conspiracy

GO TIGERS

Oct 29, 2019, 1:37 PM

I don't think it's a "Clemson conspiracy". In fact, I hate conspiracy theories. I just think when the big payoff of each gameday program is the headgear pick, and the payoff crashed last time, that they are reluctant to do it again.

Absolutely zero to do with us not having Gameday***

Oct 29, 2019, 2:05 PM

Oct 29, 2019, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota vs Penn State has a 0% chance of getting gameday ]

There's still a slight chance we could get Gameday for the Wake game. They would have to come in with 1 loss and us undefeated, but if it's for an ACCCG berth, it's not completely out of the question.

Here are the current top 25 match-ups that week:
#23 Wake Forest @ #4 Clemson

#8 Georgia @ #11 Auburn - Seems like a good option, but Auburn has 2 losses, and they've been featured on Gameday twice already this year.

#10 Oklahoma @ #12 Baylor - This is probably the most likely, IF Baylor is still undefeated. They have WVU at home and are @TCU

#13 Minnesota @ #19 Iowa - I expect Minnesota to lose to Penn St, but if they win, this would be intriguing. They've already done an Iowa game, but it was at Iowa St.

2 big "IFs", but I really think if Baylor were to lose, and Wake comes in at 8-1, they'll come to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota vs Penn State has a 0% chance of getting gameday ]

Or perhaps there hasn't been a high profile Clemson game at home since then.

11am CST kickoff...

Oct 29, 2019, 1:06 PM

Gameday doesn't want the crowd to leave for the stadium before the show is over.

High temp is expected to be in the 30s.

Re: 11am CST kickoff...

Oct 29, 2019, 2:18 PM

I don't think that the temperatures would be a big deal, but I agree on the game time. Could they not still move the game time?

Tuscaloosa is a Craphole Town IMHO Anyhow***

Oct 29, 2019, 1:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well PSU at Minn does have one small thing going for it

Oct 29, 2019, 2:17 PM

LSU at Bama is a CBS game and PSU at Minn is an ABC game. Gameday could promote a game on their own network instead of a game that's going to air on CBS and I'm sure the atmosphere in Minnesota would be incredible and completely blow Tuscaloosa out of the water.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic