Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 792

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Aug 13, 2018, 8:03 AM

Off since Wednesday edition.

Thursday, just burning use it or lose it PTO, woke up with the worst neck kink I've ever had. Still not 100% but at least it isn't burning any more.

Friday: Birthday of Sharkgirl. Pretty calm since we were heading to Charlotte on Saturday. Did try this Ji-Roz for supper, it was great.

Saturday, lazy day until time to head out to meet up with RH and Co. for the LSD tour. Many beers had, show was fantastic. Even the opener, who scared us a bit before going in to "There Stands the Glass" was fun.

Sunday, My dad and his old lady came up to take Sharkgirl and I to brunch at Rick Erwin's Nantucket Grill. This is the first time I've ever had prime rib for breakfast. Would do again. Rest of the day was spent being fat and happy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good Aero, thank you

Aug 13, 2018, 8:07 AM

Friday - Went on a buffalo hunt and successfully dispatched a ~1,000 buffalo with a .300, 30-06, and other high caliber rifle.

Put down guns, picked up rods and caught 22 bass

Dad and stepma came over for fried fish and grilled gator

Saturday - Stayed around home, worked on tractor, washed boat

Sunday - Church, after lunch took 4 church kids to the lake for tubing and swimming.

Excellent/10

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You killed 1000 buffalo? I think you MAY have exceeded the

Aug 13, 2018, 9:00 AM

legal limit by 999ish

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see what I did there***

Aug 13, 2018, 10:21 AM

Beaver? Beaver ain't no good no more.

Aug 13, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to You killed 1000 buffalo? I think you MAY have exceeded the ]

Get me 10 muskrats and 30 beaver pelts and I'll give you red cloth. Now that's a very good bargain for you.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everything from missouri has a taint about it***

Aug 13, 2018, 12:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very good Aero, thank you

Aug 13, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Very good Aero, thank you ]

Give the deets on the hunting trip.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Deets inside

Aug 13, 2018, 10:20 AM

1) A couple years ago, an Ethiopian farmer brought water buffalo to Georgia by way of Asia
2) The water buffalo escaped from their fencing and made babies
3) The water buffalo eventually threatened the lives of co-worker and hunting buddies by chasing them up trees and ramming at least one vehicle
4) Permission was granted by Sheriff to dispatch any buffalo escaped from property
5) Buffalo chased co-worker's jeep and co-worker was determined to kill buffalo
6) Friday morning we arrive with .308, .300, and 2 30-06s. Buffalo is in plain sight upon arrival
7) We drive jeep around property to get out on foot and approach buffalo from another direction
8) At approx 70 yds, first shot from .308 is fired and buffalo drops
9) Buffalo is still alive so we cautiously approach with all 4 rifles raised
10) 5 shots are fired from a 30-06 into the shoulder
11) One shot is fired from .300
12) Final shot fired from .308 and it seems pretty obvious animal is officially deaded
13) Approach animal and take pics before landowner is notified to come collect animal.

THE END.

Good deets.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:23 AM

Follow up questions:
How did you get included on this hunt?

Pics?

Co-worker hunts the property

Aug 13, 2018, 10:27 AM

They have ponds....We planned to go fish them, but I also hunt regularly.

Re: decent.....

Aug 13, 2018, 8:09 AM

plenty of yard work, some grilling and drinking. Not too much other than that.

Was able to get by the liquor store, and got some Old Forester (because they ran out of Buffalo Trace).

Dew wreck or mend though

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good, but not great.

Aug 13, 2018, 8:16 AM

Friday - Went out for drinks with a few couple friends or ours. Everybody got shiithammered. It was fun.
Saturday - Wife went to work. I slept until noon. Spent the next 12 hours making sausage.
Sunday - Made sausage for the first 5 hours of the day. The boy and I took the canoe/trolling motor out on the lake and explored an island a few miles from my dad's house. Drank a sixer of Hamm's. Found some "treasure" (old glass bottles, neat looking rocks, that type of stuff). Drank a 2013 Stone Russian Imperial Stout (baller).

7/10

High five for the Hamms.***

Aug 13, 2018, 8:19 AM

Re: High five for the Hamms.***

Aug 13, 2018, 8:20 AM

Are you going to be at Mule on Friday and/or Chris Knight on Saturday this weekend?

I'm still considering Friday night, but after looking at

Aug 13, 2018, 8:28 AM

my spending behavior Saturday a week off may be in order.

Consider harder. LAST hurrah before football puts a dent in

Aug 13, 2018, 10:00 AM

Concert Crew activity for a couple of months.

I said 'dent'...not 'stop'.

Intense. Currently SIOAIT

Wheeewww

Overall Pretty dang good

Friday I knocked off work and got up early to head to N Tool for some supplies. Picked up a tarp, trailer ball lock, bungees and a new StrongFist. Headed over to the boat to cover it and lock it up. Went home, packed clothes and hit the road to Charleston. We headed over to the Angel Oak on Johns Island. Its very impressive. Biggest tree I've ever seen. From there we went over to Moncks Corner to grab some grub and unload out stuff at a friends house where we were staying. Crashed for the night.

Saturday we went down to IOP to count jellyfish stings. Once the count got up to 1 I decided to stay myass under the tent. When it got up to 200 the lifeguards put up the purple flag and when it reached 300 I called it a day. We headed over to the Banana Cabana for lunch and that was about all the excitement we had. Showered up and went to eat at Sullivan's for the finest bacon wrapped stuff crab shrimps. I got my fatboy on so the only logical thing to do was go for a walk in the Aug humidity. We ended up at Station 18. After leaving there we stopped in a Shem Creek and saw IE angrily driving his golf cart home. Tried to follow but he was going too fast. Im pretty sure I saw at least 3 middle fingers.

Sunday was a lazy morning, sleeping in and slow moving. Around lunch time we went to see the Hunley. I had been before but its been 12 yrs since that time. Clemson is heading up the research on the sub. I have an uncle that went to Clemson who was a diver in the water the 2nd time the Hunley was uncovered. So neener neener Im better than anyone else that was on the tour that day. Look at me. From there we decided to call it a weekend and hit the road. 26 has become as bad as 85. It took us 4 hours to make a 3 hour drive. I saw two trailers lose a tire. Like we actually saw the tires come off. I saw another trailer on the side of the road that had lost a trailer and 4th trailer on the side of the road with a flat tire. Add to those the 2 wrecks we had to drive thru, I deemed 26 to be as bad as 85. Made it home in time to do some grocery shopping, fix dinner and crash on the couch.

Unexpected

Aug 13, 2018, 8:26 AM

Friday: left work early hit the Mellow Mushroom (BigDaddy®) for an IPA after work and headed home. Nothing more of note

Saturday: up early to Cootlumbia, soccered some, then went to a bored meeting that I fully regreted attending. Back home to some Marcos Pizza and cheesy bread (clemsonrulez08®)

Sunday: slept in a bit, watched Liverpool and then ManCity matches. Watched the recorded Chelsea match and then saw Missioin Impossible with the offspring. Movie was #### good.

So, soccerkrzy®, I sipped soem White Claws and #### if you weren't right, they go down easy and before long I lost count of how many I had. Not filling at all like a beer

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you didn't know the weekend was coming up??

Aug 13, 2018, 8:27 AM

BRO DO YOU EVEN PRE-SCHOOL?

Bruv

Aug 13, 2018, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Unexpected ]

They closed all of the Marcos in Raleigh. I legitimately considered ending it all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Now is the time to open your own franchise.

Aug 13, 2018, 9:59 AM

https://marcosfranchising.com/research-funnel/what-are-the-startup-costs/

Allsome B-Day weekend! 9.9/10

Aug 13, 2018, 8:37 AM

Fri: Nice nap in late afternoon, shrimp/pasta dinner
Sat: B-Day lunch at Farmhouse with family, beers at Swamp Rabbit afterwards. Golf watch then Pizza at Drayton Mills in evening
Sun: Morning service then some attic clearing b4 Golf Watch starts. Good for Koepka, he's the new PGA golf Bauce! Tbone/asparagus/Cab dinner. Woulda been 10/10 but humidity!

Okay. Rode new bike 10 miles on Fri, Sat., and Sunday.

Aug 13, 2018, 8:51 AM

Almost passed out on Friday as I didn’t go until noon. Gearing up to be able to ride with friends who do 25 or 30 when they go. Had Mexican Fri. night on date night with wife.

Saturday, watched PGA and caught up on Yellowstone.

Sunday, more PGA until leaving for airport at 3 to go to south Jersey for work.

Had talk and many hugs from daughter who leaves for Tallahassee and FSU on Thursday and I won’t be home to see her off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MOTHRA-FREAKING GOTTJAMM EPICALLY EXCELLENT.

Jun 24, 2021, 4:15 PM

Friday, left work around 11:45 and ran a couple errands before heading to the house. Picked up pup and took her to RH Mom's to run free in the fenced yard, did a few little chores there, then back to the house to get the Mrs. and head to Unknown Brewery in Charlotte around 5:00. Shockingly easy to get to the brewery in Friday@5 traffic. Ordered a pizza from the permanent Passport Dough & Co. and it was absolutely delicious, although we were disappointed they did not have the potato crust available Friday night. The Modern Primitives opened the show and they were excellent. Anybody that covers The Cramps and Kitty Wells is OK in my book. Unknown Hinson came on and blew the crowd away. Shows at Unknown Brewery are in the warehouse so it's hot and the acoustics are bad, but watching this guy put on an electric guitar clinic is incredible. If you go see him live, you'll know why he has a legion of major stars that adore him and why everybody at NAMM shows always wants him in their pickup bands during the week. Best thing about brewery shows...home at 10:45.

Saturday, normal round of chores, a lot of lazy, picked up RH Mom's favorite Mexican before leaving since RH Sis was in Clemson for IPTAY stuff and things. Took off to Charlotte and met up with aerozeptallica and Shark Girl at VBGB for food and beers, then into the LSD show. King Leg: Interesting band worth watching. Steve Earle: Magnificent. Lucinda Williams: PHENOMENAL. Dwight Yoakam was excellent, but they seemed to have a bit of trouble with the sound all through his set. Really more annoying for the players, as Dwight stopped in the middle of about the third song and barked at them to turn the subs down. The blend through the mains was not great, but most people probably didn't notice it. The closer with King Leg, Steve, Lucinda, and Dwight all together doing the classic Dim Lights Thick Smoke brought the house down.

Sunday, SUPER-MEGA COFFEE AND LAZY permeated the compound. Finally got motivated and made the grocery run, then off to the Thirsty beaver to see Rock Hill's own Truckstop Preachers do the 5:00 show. Lots of ice cold Schlitz, awesome honky tonk music, and the Joungiest antics from Nathan the lead singer. If you ever get a chance to catch these guys, you WILL NOT be disappointed. They're great musicians and absolutely hilarious to watch. Home before 9:00, flopped down and watched Preacher at 10, then crashed hard.

Three nights straight of live music is a 15/10 weekend, simply put. Looking to do it again this weekend as a last hurrah before footballs with Govt Mule/Magpie Salute Friday, Chris Knight Saturday, and William Clark Green Sunday (if I can find someone to go with me).

My set list memory is always lacking anyway. all the beer

Aug 13, 2018, 9:04 AM

doesn't help, but what were the to Haggard songs Dwight did?

Bottle Let Me Down and Running Kind.

Aug 13, 2018, 9:13 AM

Running Kind is a little more obscure Haggard, so that one was a real treat.

Here's hoping they have the jock strap built in.***

Aug 13, 2018, 9:16 AM

Well, of all things Dguar***

Aug 13, 2018, 9:17 AM

^^^Typical aero replies^^^

Aug 13, 2018, 9:48 AM

not sure I even want to know where you meant to poast this***

Aug 13, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Here's hoping they have the jock strap built in.*** ]

Well, it was supposed to be in response to the gym shorts

Aug 13, 2018, 10:19 AM

post.

I'm glad you were able to pick up RHMom's favorite Mexican.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to MOTHRA-FREAKING GOTTJAMM EPICALLY EXCELLENT. ]

I'm hoping it was

but I suspect it was

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

terrible

Aug 13, 2018, 8:57 AM

watched the inlaws' dogs over the weekend. found out I got approved to take the PE in october this year. terrible terrible

Make sure when you take PE

Aug 13, 2018, 9:14 AM

to post pics wearing your school-issued gym shorts and t-shirt!

I'll be sure to wear my citadel PT's

Aug 13, 2018, 9:42 AM

They show a lot of leg

Get FBcooch to tutor you***

Aug 13, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Make sure when you take PE ]

Are you saying I need to up my Facebook game with a

Aug 13, 2018, 4:02 PM

professional Facebook coach?

Decent

Aug 13, 2018, 9:11 AM

Friday was a free show uptown in the First Ward Park - Acoustic Syndicate. Packed a backpack with beers and waters and just walked right in. Proceeded to have a great time with the kids. Kids got fistbumps from Big Daddy (not THE BigDaddy®) and Byron. Daughter danced in the front of the stage and some little boy started following her around and giving her glow sticks. Imma have to keep an eye on her and shotgun ready at all times.

Sat morning run, shorter than usual cause then we went to Carowinds for the water park, aka the world's LARGEST public toilet. Stayed there for a couple hours and rode the water slide that just drops out from under you a couple times. That is freaky AF. I'm scared of heights so it was tough but after daughter did it, I had to do it. Got enema and said some curse words but I lived.

Sat night Wine Tasting at Treehouse Vineyards in Monroe, NC. Cool place in the middle of a neighborhood. Wine was sweet AF so not Greenr's style. I ended up being the driver. There was a band there called Vanilla Cornbread which ended up being REALLY good. I talked to the bass player who was barefoot and wearing a Cats Under the Stars shirt...played some Dead, some Floyd, other classic rock covers. Honestly, for a $5 cover, it was great music. Left early though to relieve the babysitter.

Sunday up for church then cleaning out playroom, kid's closets, cutting my grass, cutting some of parent's grass, and checking on pool progress. Bond beam gets poured this morning so we should be cooking with gas soon. Looking for a Labor Day pool party as the grand opening, we will see if they make it. Also laid out the pool house and watched Mom, Dad, and Brother argue about where pool house should be, size, etc. Imma help build it, but I am not making any decisions. I only offer sage advice and then sit back and watch fireworks.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UPDATE: I googled the band and it was NOT

Aug 13, 2018, 9:22 AM

Vanilla Cornbread. Not sure who the band was, but I would see them again. Oh well.

We need extensive research to figure this out.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:05 AM

I was kind of wondering about that when you said Vanilla Cornbread...they're kind of corporate party band. They've played restaurants in RH and do T-Bones at the lake a good bit. Talented, but not exactly the Grateful Dead/Pink Floyd kind of thing you described.

Schedule says that is who was playing, pictures show me

Aug 13, 2018, 11:32 AM

that is NOT who was playing.

Lemme see if I have a picture on the phone...

@RH_Tig, do you know these people?

Aug 13, 2018, 11:35 AM
Band_1.jpg(145.3 K)
Band_2.jpg(220.6 K)

RH Tig

Oh, definitely.

Aug 13, 2018, 11:37 AM

That's Perry Noble on guitar in the middle, right?

He did keep passing a plate and now that you mention it,

Aug 13, 2018, 11:41 AM

he tried to pay me AND ess my dee in the bathroom. I said no at first, but $20 is $20.

Re: Oh, definitely.

Aug 13, 2018, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Oh, definitely. ]

I saw a pic of them on Facebook earlier this morning and also thought it looked like Lord Perry (peace be upon Him).

Made a kid puke so I take that as a win

Aug 13, 2018, 9:16 AM

NO CS02....it was football practice.

Friday, out to eat and watched a movie with the kids curled up in our laps

Saturday, football practice in the AM. puke incident during wind sprints at end. With all of the rain and missed practices, we are going to literally look like 11 monkeys trying to screw a football.

Saturday afternoon, mulch, yardwork. went and got a new battery for the jeep, turned out to be starter.

Saturday night, grilled out and hung out on patio with wife and a fire (to fight mosquitoes, certainly not because cold)

Sunday, replaced starter in Jeep, Son #2 and I rode around in said jeep for a couple of hours, had a daddy date lunch and milkshakes then back home to piddle around house.

All in all .. wood due again

Remember August 2 a days in H.S. This was in the

Aug 13, 2018, 9:50 AM

70s when the most you would get for two hours would be a Dixie cup of Gatorade or a chunk of ice.

Also, used to give us stupid salt tablets. I remember the grass getting real green and shiny at times and feeling like I would pass out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you mispelled 80's but the rest is the same

Aug 13, 2018, 10:15 AM

we would practice at 6:30am for 2 hours then go home and crop tobacco all day, then come back when it "cooled off" at 7 and practice for 2 more.

I have laid in the shower in full uniform with cold water running over me a few times.

This kid drank a whole bottle of gatorade during a water break.

it was still cold when it came back up...still bright blue too!

5/10: boat but no bike, ball or booty.

Aug 13, 2018, 9:26 AM

the other guy's insurance company finally called after the big crash. this is going to be a yuge battle, because insurance companys suck. wasted a half hour of my afternoon friday on the phone with them before cutting them off with "you know what? from here on out you can talk to my attorney.

took the boat out saturday to do a little fishin, didn't catch any keepers except a sunburn. ended up at a sandbar party.

sav82wife spent most of the weekend getting ready for the start of school today.

Absolutely fantastic. Thank you for asking, aero.

Aug 13, 2018, 9:42 AM

Marriage, lol.

Thursday evening, downtown for a little bit and Violent Handshake Guy comes up to me and shakes my hand, knocking my arm up into my wife's hand as she is taking a sip of beer. Chips front tooth ~36 hours before we are supposed to get hitched. She begins to freak out. Go home to bed.

Friday - spend half of the morning trying to make arrangements to get her tooth fixed. Finally get in touch with a friend that is a dentist. She agrees to come in around lunch time on her day off and fix it. Crisis averted, can move onto finishing off whatever is left for the wedding. Friday night end up doing a quick rehearsal at the church and hanging out with some family and friends drinking snooty IPAs.

Saturday - run around like a maniac getting last minute details done. Get to church at 4:30 and can finally relax. Get to make her an honest woman and "officially" marry my best friend. Wedding goes off without a hitch, other than wife visibly shaking so much that people in the crowd keep asking us afterwards what was up. She gets anxious in front of crowds (except when singing karaoke, lol). Reception follows at Palmetto Golf Club. Enjoy delicious pulled pork, grilled chicken, watermelon salad, succotash, roasted potatoes, and mac and cheese. Go through about 9 cases of beer and 2 cases of wine, so I think everyone had a good time. Couple hours of wedding music, but followed up with a couple hours of karaoke to shut that b!tch down. Have a quick beer downtown afterwards with family and friends and proceed to our room at The Willcox. Some redhead things of course. Tired af, so crash.

Sunday - Wake up tired af. Limp on back home and manage to stay awake for an hour before deciding we need a nap. Nap for a bit, then wake up to more redhead things. Dinner at the neapolitan pizza place with some of her family before the yankees start to make their way back home to Philly. Come home and CRASH.

PrettyDamnAwesome/10. Will not dew again, because twice is enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

So, I am completely confused

Aug 13, 2018, 9:46 AM

I could have sworn you were already married. If this is a polygamy thing, I completely understand and wish you well.

19B started a trend it seems***

Aug 13, 2018, 9:50 AM

You shouldn’t be.

Aug 13, 2018, 10:10 AM [ in reply to So, I am completely confused ]

We got married three years ago on my dad’s birthday, since he had passed away earlier that year on my birthday. Didn’t have time to pull a ceremony together so we just went to the courthouse and got a marriage license. Since our third anniversary was on a Saturday this year, we had our “official” church ceremony. Made my mom and her parents very happy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK, makes sense now

Aug 13, 2018, 10:16 AM

but totally dissappointed this wasn't a polygamy thing

Congrats! Hate we couldn't make it but glad everything went

Aug 13, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Absolutely fantastic. Thank you for asking, aero. ]

off with TOO much of hitch.

Congrads

Aug 13, 2018, 10:15 AM

http://www.spin1038.com/content/000/images/000085/87799_54_news_hub_83602_656x500.JPG

Might I add that Red's tooth looked amazing!

Aug 13, 2018, 10:17 AM

Since I’m in a good mood, pigs of naked wife

Aug 13, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Absolutely fantastic. Thank you for asking, aero. ]

‘s tooth. Naked tooth I mean

Was a good time!....

Aug 13, 2018, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Absolutely fantastic. Thank you for asking, aero. ]

successfully got drunk and did not sing

645am came early yesterday morning and almost fell asleep many times on the drive to HHI.

Hope there is some video of SKF singing.

Mine was better than previous ones...

Aug 13, 2018, 10:01 AM

Went to SC to get a haircut and to see my parents..
Slept alot because i have been having some rough days..

Still wearing this stupid boot for my foot but hope to get it off soon..

Anyway, hope yall had a great one!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Batteries are evil.....

Aug 13, 2018, 10:12 AM

Saturday morning got up to go shoot sunrise. Set up camera, tripod, and turned on camera. Nothing. Dead battery. So we have robots that are Almost lifelike, but technology hasn't given us a better battery? I look forward to the day when robots take over. Came home put battery in charger and went back to sleep. Watched English Premier soccer and tell asleep again. Sunday went to shoot sunrise with recharged battery. Sky was plain.plus fisherman parked in place fishing off shore in my set up location. Turned around and went scouting new locations. Came home went to sleep again watching soccer. When my eyes were open....Arsenal still sucks. Chelsea is pretty good. Man City is the same. Liverpool looked the best, but are the Tiger Woods of soccer. Made Instant Pot beef stew with celery, bell pepper, mushrooms, carrots, and taters with gravy. Served over rice. Great ??.
Got up this morning cut grass. Waiting on the robot pocalpse with my bazooka in my easy chair. Drinking smoothies and eating peta chips and hummus. I feel a nap coming on. Lunch at Shealy's BBQ today with cousins. My famous German chicken salad tonight. Y'all have a good week.

Off since Wednesday too.

Aug 13, 2018, 11:24 AM

Long weekend "vacation". Yall know the highlights already.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weekend was Incredibly Solid (9.5/10)

Aug 13, 2018, 11:48 AM

Friday night, I decided that since Zac Clark was so much fun on Thursday in Anaheim, I'd go see him Friday in LA at the Moroccan lounge. Ended up meeting Andrew McMahon at the show. Talked to him for a bit, and enjoyed another killer show from Zac.

Saturday - It was the day the shitlords look forward to all year - Bottle Logic's Fundamental Observation Release day. Met up with a buddy, and we got our 5 bottles each. Had a peckerhead try to start a fight in the line. Wasn't playing into that. We got our Bottles and went in to the mini-festival. Tried all of the Fundamental Observation Variants (Coffee, Hazelnut, Maple) as well as the original. Then we left and went brewery hopping - Towne Park Brew Co. Anaheim Brewing, Legends Craft Brewing, Chapman Crafted, The Good Beer Company, Cismontane, Network Brewing, Gunwhale Ales, Barley Forge, and Newport Beach Brewing Company. It was a long night.

Sunday - Woke up and went to breakfast. Home for a bit, then had a nap and went back to bottle logic to pick up the other half of my Fundamental Observation Allocation.

Net Result - 10 Bottles of Fundamental Observation.

shitlords?***

Aug 13, 2018, 12:30 PM

It's the catch-all term for all the non-local

Aug 13, 2018, 12:47 PM

neckbeards and beer mules, etc that show up to the breweries on new releases. Pretty much they make things miserable for everybody all around, act super entitled, #### off all the people that are regulars at the brewery, and make it a miserable experience for the taproom staff.

Started last Wotan’s Day

Aug 13, 2018, 11:54 AM

Rented a cabin in mountings near Murphy, NC. For those not familiar with Murphy, it’s kind of in the mountings of NC.

Great cabin, great view, rocking chairs, flush terlets, whole nine yards.

Went to Joyce Kilmer Natty Forst seen big azzed yaller populars, got rained on. Hiked loopy trail. Proud of Sidewinder for doing whole thang.

Next day, it was Helen, GA. OMG! It’s like this Nazi themed town in Georgia where they’ll sell you stuff for eight times what you coulda got atDolluh ginral!

Then we went gem mining! OMG! They let you pan fer gold and precious joolls and you can take home anything you want! How cool is that!

Spades tourney at nights. What a life.

Welp, the Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Aug 13, 2018, 3:23 PM

Friday - Last minute run thru for birthday drinking

Sattidy - Birthday drinking followed by a nice dinner at the Blue Heron

Sunday - Watched Tiger pretend to be Brooks Koepka. Waited on bengaline to harass me for losing the 4Majors pool

Monday - Shot 79 at Southern Oaks in spite of finishing bogey, bogey, bogey double bogey.

12/10 cuz I lived to see another birfday

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Naw man, I don't do that!

Aug 13, 2018, 3:59 PM

wilbur82®

Pretty good....

Aug 13, 2018, 3:28 PM

Friday...got home from work, picked up take out, laundry and packing for trip to Aiken and then HHI for the week.

Saturday...scheduled late trip to HHI earlier in the week and all dog kennels in Anderson were booked, so had to board dog in some uppity place in Greenville. With a serious face the check-in girl asked if I want to sign the dog up for extra cuddle time or story time. She looked offended when I started LOL'ing at her. I told her that my dog didn't really get story time at home and would likely be ok without the $7/day charge for it. Head to Aiken for BigDaddy's re-wedding. Pre-wedding drinks at Pizza Joint across from church. Wedding...perfect 15 min Methodist style. Reception, drink lots of beer, told lots of old stories. In bed around midnight.

Sunday...had to get kids from parents by 730am, so up at 645am...cloudy head and moving pretty slow. Get kids, drive to HHI only falling asleep at the wheel a few times. Lunch at Mexican place in Harbour Cove and dinner at Dough Boys. Ended up staying up to 1am working. Tired af.

Tired,but good week end.

Replies: 69
| visibility 792
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic