Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New 2nd Favorite Team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,072

New 2nd Favorite Team

Oct 16, 2018, 5:07 PM

Just got through watching a replay of Iowa State verses West Virginia. Pure domination by Iowa State. But what I really liked was the reaction of the coach, the team and the fans. The crowd was fantastic. That was fun to watch. The Sweet Caroline after rushing the field was pretty cool too. Im pulling for the Cyclones the rest of the season too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Couldn't agree more

Oct 16, 2018, 5:34 PM

I've always had a soft spot for underdogs. Anyone who can win in Ames, Iowa has my respect. They play sound football, with abandon. That's a good combination. Unfortunately (for the Cyclones), I don't think Campbell will be there long. They are fun to watch.

Re: New 2nd Favorite Team

Oct 16, 2018, 5:45 PM

Some of you senior posters may remember Ben Goodale who was a professor in Dairy Science. He was a graduate of Iowa State and played football there in the 1930's. One of my bosses in Washington over my working years was also an Iowa State grad and played football on the same team with Ben Goodale. When my boss would come down to Clemson those two would get together and rehash their days at Iowa State. They had some interesting stories that generated a lot of laughs from those of us gathered around.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New 2nd Favorite Team

Oct 16, 2018, 6:07 PM

Been on Tigernet for years, but you finally got me to post...Welcome to the Iowa State 2nd favorite team fan club. I spent about 3 years in Iowa after school and realized Iowa State was a ton like Clemson in many ways (academic programs/strengths, environment, etc). If I had been born in IA like my grandfather, instead of SC, I would have ended up there, for sure. Got to convert some Iowa State grad friends to Clemson-2nd-favorite-team-fan-club too. Been fun watching them knock off and almost knock off some heavyweights.

Mine is any team playing Notre Dame...***

Oct 16, 2018, 6:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mine is any team playing Notre Dame...***

Oct 16, 2018, 11:08 PM

THIS ***

Holgorsen Disagrees

Oct 16, 2018, 11:48 PM

@ChuckCarltonDMN

West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen criticizes fans rushing the field Saturday at Iowa State, calls it "very unprofessional." Says it was "pretty dicey" getting players off the field after the game.

He can join the sour grapes club with Clawson and Doeren***

Oct 17, 2018, 12:17 AM

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,072
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic