Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Military Appreciation Day Uniforms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Military Appreciation Day Uniforms

Aug 21, 2013, 10:19 PM

enjoy....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Aug 21, 2013, 10:26 PM

I don't want my eyes anymore

Aug 21, 2013, 10:26 PM

Take them, don't give them back. I'm better off blind now, thanks.

Photobucket
My bad Trevor

Re: I don't want my eyes anymore

Aug 21, 2013, 10:38 PM

Clemson should have one of the easiest mascots to design a football uniform around. (considering the predominant feature is a stripe, and every football uniform has a stripe...)

* That doesn't even consider the military heritage, or Clemson's unique tradition of running down the hill.

I'm not sure who is in charge of Clemson's uniform design, (I suspect James Barker) but whoever it is, needs to lose the purple, tone down the orange, and market the stripe over the paw (black preferably) IMO.

The purple and overuse of the paw (and color orange) looks tacky.

Why the purple heart?

Aug 21, 2013, 10:39 PM

Why not the National Defense Ribbon? Why not the Bronze Star? Why not the Medal of Honor?

Is it MILITARY appreciation day or purple heart recipient appreciation day. I know a lot of Air Force guys that have served their country that were no where NEAR combat. Are they not appreciated. Same goes for Navy, Army, Coast Guard, and even Marine Corps.

Plus, those are gross.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why the purple heart?

Aug 21, 2013, 10:41 PM

maybe they can do a different medal next year. All I know is they have designated this year as a purple out for purple heart recipients...

just figure the team should also reflect the day...

Aug 21, 2013, 10:50 PM

I agree with the sentiment, I just don't understand the purple.

I would like to see them consider this logo, (perhaps changing the stripe to black and bottom portion to orange would make sense) and remove the paw on the helmets with the idea of marketing the stipe rather than the paw. (and use the paw as accomplishment stickers only)

Aug 21, 2013, 10:56 PM

absolutely no way to market a logo that at best looks like a mushroom....

It might take someone digging the mushroom to suggest

Aug 21, 2013, 11:42 PM

losing the paw from the helmets.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I stopped at "remove the paw"

Aug 22, 2013, 6:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Why the purple heart? ]

NO.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Aug 21, 2013, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Why the purple heart? ]

I don't care for the helmet but like the jersey and tiger striped compression shirt.

The students probably seized on purple for this because

Aug 21, 2013, 11:55 PM [ in reply to Why the purple heart? ]

it's one of our school colors. It certainly adds extra fuel for people wearing purple to the game with this in mind. Those you mention that weren't in combat have certainly known those that were, or are, and there won't be a soul in those stands that isn't appreciative of the whole lot of you regardless.

As for the uniforms, I'd hate to see us bust those out against the Citadel. They should remember the orange and white when they play here. If the D was cool with them do the Thursday night Ga. Tech game.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually like them.***

Aug 21, 2013, 10:50 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

No thanks***

Aug 21, 2013, 11:00 PM

Re: Military Appreciation Day Uniforms

Aug 21, 2013, 11:15 PM

I like these...where did you go to create these??

Now back to regularly scheduled programming...

Aug 21, 2013, 11:38 PM

I had to take a break after reading this thread and seeing a person suggest doing away with the paw and orange.

If = Sarcasm
Do CHECK METER
Else
OP = FAIL AT LIFE

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys seriously need to calm down.

Aug 21, 2013, 11:39 PM

I don't see why most of you hate the color purple. If you love Clemson so much then how about actually supporting it and stop bashing YOUR OWN TEAMS colors!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Military Appreciation Day Uniforms

Aug 22, 2013, 12:04 AM

I don't think many veterans would oppose using the Purple Heart in the Military Appreciation day activities. It is the symbol of the greatest sacrifice make by a large number of individuals: their life and/or a bodily
Injury in combat. Over a million awarded in WWII, over 100,000 in Korea, and over 300,000 in Vietnam.

Also, what is the deal with the anti purple comments?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty cool. As a dark color at home it's also harder to

Aug 22, 2013, 12:06 AM

identify as easily as the bright orange. The DT's bulldozing up the middle would be invisible amidst the carnage and green. DB's and LB's wouldn't highlight a QB's peripheral vision as much, DE's would appear out of nowhere.

On offense, you're calling the game so you know where your guys are gonna be, mostly, and it's not as big a disadvantage.

The thing that I didn't like most about Boise St. was how their uniform colors matched perfectly their made up field color. It was a huge advantage for them at home and their record shows it. Putting a lot of our dark purple into a home uniform could be an on-the-field advantage.

I usually do not like the radical looking uni's

Aug 22, 2013, 3:55 AM

but I like these...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last time we wore Nike Pro Combat uniforms we

Aug 22, 2013, 6:16 AM

got our ##### handed to us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The last time we wore Nike Pro Combat uniforms we

Aug 22, 2013, 1:11 PM

After seeing Oregon's facilities, I'm going to purchase less Nike stuff.
I'll let Oregon fans (and everyone else who buys Nike stuff) pay for Oregon's facilities.

I'll create my own stuff from here on out.

Neat ! I'd only let Rodriguez wear the Purple Heart.

Aug 22, 2013, 7:32 AM

He is the only person who earned one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic