Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
MikeGundy 1-9 vs OU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

MikeGundy 1-9 vs OU

Dec 5, 2013, 2:50 PM

His rival. That's not good

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Gundy! ;-)***

Dec 5, 2013, 2:53 PM

2-9 soon.***

Dec 5, 2013, 2:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saturday is anyone's game... single digits at gametime....

Dec 5, 2013, 2:55 PM

wind chills below zero

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Difference is that OU should own them...***

Dec 5, 2013, 2:57 PM

because they're the bigger state skewl?***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: because they're the bigger state skewl?***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:04 PM

Because Ok has always been a bigger football power...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so nothing should ever change, osu should just give up?

Dec 5, 2013, 3:06 PM

that's bs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: so nothing should ever change, osu should just give up?

Dec 5, 2013, 3:16 PM

Who said OSU should give up? Point is OSU should be 1-9. Just like scujr should be 1-9

and that kind of thinking is a big part of the problem.***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:20 PM

Re: and that kind of thinking is a big part of the problem.***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:41 PM

how is that a problem? Your kind of thinking is the problem...putting scujr up on a pedestal to make yourself feel better about 5

putting scar on a pedestal? if recognizing that a program

Dec 5, 2013, 3:59 PM

with 90 million in revenues can get better in the best college football conference in the land is putting them on a pedestal i'm guilty, but at least i'm not guilty of having my head in the sand.

thinking that can't happen or thinking they should never catch or pass their underspending rival situated in a less than attractive conference is ludicrous. that's the kind of thinking that gets people passed because they become complacent.

usc, tejas, osu, michigan, psu, miami, bama[add to the list if you'd like]... should never lose a game or change coaches unless of course their unfortunate enough to play each other, then they'll just weigh their wallets as a tie breaker?

everyone else should give up, there's no reason to play the games, it's all written in the sands of time.

maybe we can take up skiing or striper fishing; could weather really gets em fat? no reason to play the season, we'll just decide who history says should never lose or get better.

t boone could have saved some money. can't believe spurrier seeded a revenue campaign with his own $250k.

those guys are idiots.

Re: putting scar on a pedestal? if recognizing that a program

Dec 5, 2013, 4:11 PM

didn't say it couldn't happen. We outrecruit them almost every year and have more talented players. They are not 0-5 better. They are not 2-6 better. They are not 6-7 better....

Yeah we have a losing record against the coots the last 13 years. Isn't that sad? The last 5 have a lot to do with that and it's unacceptable.

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

i agree they're not 0-5 better & you won't find anywhere i

Dec 5, 2013, 4:23 PM

suggested they were other than perhaps the most important place... on the sidelines & in the coach's box.

that's been a huge advantage for scar.

as far as talent, clemson's is skewed at the skill positions/in scheme and the talent difference isn't that great because of the schemes; scar has recruited well for their scheme. clemson's most recent big pulls have been wrs, rbs & 2 lbs, one of which can't buy the field.

scar plays the perfect scheme to disrupt what clemson tries to do.

they also have one smart mother effing coach behind the controller. he torments morris and dabo. he wins the game within the game.

Then what are we arguing about?***

Dec 5, 2013, 4:25 PM

Just like scujr should be 1-9

Dec 5, 2013, 4:27 PM

i didn't write it.

Re: Just like scujr should be 1-9

Dec 5, 2013, 4:31 PM

and they should be. we should have won in 2006, 2009, 2012 and 2013. Ok so 2-8....

we got wrecked in 09 & i feel worse about this year than

Dec 5, 2013, 4:35 PM

last.

this year was an abomination.

i sorta could live with last year; scar's defense really jammed cu up after the first quarter.

clemson moved the ball very well this year.

Re: we got wrecked in 09 & i feel worse about this year than

Dec 5, 2013, 4:38 PM

We won the Atlantic in 2009 with arguably the best player in the nation.

After harper fumble we were like a deer in headlights.

Scar beats us down and then goes and gets beat by Uconn in the dang pizza bowl...

We should have won that game if we had decent gameday and sideline coaches to kick us in gear.

no matter where we got wrecked, we got wrecked.

Dec 5, 2013, 4:43 PM

they dominated every phase of the game except ko returns but even that was close.

it was woodshed time in lumbia.

uconn had a nice team that year, don't be hatin on their squad.

Re: no matter where we got wrecked, we got wrecked.

Dec 5, 2013, 4:45 PM

they were 7-5 in the big east going into that game....

which has nothing to do with how they matched up against

Dec 5, 2013, 5:00 PM

scar. you seem to have a transitive issue or a way things should be in your mind issue. it was a good team for a couple years and following.

uconn was also coming in hot, they played well all year losing a number of good hardfought games.

edsall turned his success into a nice promo. i don't know if he turns umd around, but don't be hatin for the nice job he did at uconn.

Re: which has nothing to do with how they matched up against

Dec 5, 2013, 5:01 PM

yeah, but you're saying we got wrecked by scujr deservingly and then say uconn was better than scujr. which begs the question, was uconn anywhere near as good as CU in your mind?

see, there you go again with your transitive horsepuckey...

Dec 5, 2013, 5:05 PM

where did i say uconn was better than clemson?

that's not how the game works; a month can make a difference in college football.

see scar to lsu last year.

#### happens.

You can't compare that to Clemson vs coots

Dec 5, 2013, 3:00 PM

For one, Oaklahoma has dominated OSU for as long as they have played each other. OSU is OU's little brother. Clemson has always dominated Carolina. ALWAYS! But not that has turned around and may not go back for years.

OSU has only won lke 16 games or so... ever***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:02 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

t boone can come support clemson if it's a problem.***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:04 PM

only if we can put wind turbines up.... but seriously..

Dec 5, 2013, 3:13 PM

I toured their locker room shen they were built a few years ago... and it's very, very impressive what they've done facilities wise

hell yeah, i've always admired the sooners, not liked,

Dec 5, 2013, 3:24 PM

admired, but for my dollar osu has some 'wow' to it now.

maybe i just like orange?

Yes but OSU has really upped their program

Dec 5, 2013, 3:05 PM

Recently.

nope, we can't have that, ou has and should always remain

Dec 5, 2013, 3:07 PM

the dominant life form in oklahoma.

OSU has really upped their program...

Dec 5, 2013, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Yes but OSU has really upped their program ]

now up yours ;)

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: MikeGundy 1-9 vs OU

Dec 5, 2013, 3:05 PM

Then we must keep Dabo for at least five more years.

Re: MikeGundy 1-9 vs OU

Dec 5, 2013, 3:19 PM

dont think he has beaten the coots either. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But HE"S A MAN...and can take it!***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

You really can't go anywhere

Dec 5, 2013, 3:35 PM

If you think you "should" be 1-9 in 10 years vs your rival. Especially since the gap between the programs is negligible nowadays.

He's 40! A few years back at least***

Dec 5, 2013, 3:37 PM

we don' t have a qb and cant score

Dec 5, 2013, 4:30 PM

were gonna get curbstomped

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic