Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike and Mike on ESPN dismissing the SEC's Bowls.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Mike and Mike on ESPN dismissing the SEC's Bowls.....

Jan 3, 2013, 6:40 AM

I don't mind saying I am pissed. They both said that the SEC's bowl performance didn't mean anything in a total slap in the face to the teams that have won over the SEC.......

The hypocrisy in their comments is that had the SEC swept all of their Bowl games,then the SEC love-fest would be in full force with all of the talk of how dominating the league is........

ESPN is in full damage control and is spinning things to protect there precious league.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Mike and Mike on ESPN dismissing the SEC's Bowls.....

Jan 3, 2013, 6:44 AM

Yep. I agree. When the show came on Golic mocked the SEC and then said that he was kidding. As the father of two ND players I suspect he was not kidding and is sick of hearing about Alabama.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're talking about the network, after, all which pimps the

Jan 3, 2013, 7:00 AM

"Bowl Challenge Cup" for the express purpose of touting the SEC's bowl record every year. For them to suddenly pooh-pooh bowl losses as inconsequential is the very definition of hypocritical.

I wonder if the rest of the country is as sick of ESPN kneeling before the crotch of the SEC as much as the rest of the Southeast is.

Agree 100%.

Jan 3, 2013, 7:01 AM

+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Agree 100%.***

Jan 3, 2013, 7:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your mistake is actually thinking that Mike and Mike

Jan 3, 2013, 7:24 AM

is actually one opinion, as well as ESPN.

Mike and Mike disagree on plenty, and ESPN has hundreds of different voices. It ain't a conspiracy.

The SEC love fest gets old but losing two games won't turn the tide, especially after UF dominated FSU, USC dominated us a few weeks ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Face it ...the tide IS turning like it or not...its Murphy's

Jan 3, 2013, 9:12 AM

LAW

I hope so, but it needs to be done over bunches of games

Jan 3, 2013, 9:23 AM

and several seasons. Hopefully, ND wins but I doubt it.

Hopefully, we beat USC and UGA next year but it will be tough. Hopefully, FSU beats UF next year but will be very tough also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't play USC

Jan 3, 2013, 9:26 AM

But GT kicked their butts.

That is the point

Jan 3, 2013, 9:56 AM [ in reply to Your mistake is actually thinking that Mike and Mike ]

when SC beat us and UF beat Florida, all you heard was how great and superior the SEC is. Now when they lose, its; the games dont matter, they didnt care, they are still better, blah blah blah.

As I watched Louisville trounce UF last night all I heard was how great Florida was, when UL ran for 25 yards..."its a testament to how great this Florida defense is that this is only the 12th play this year of 25 yards or more. Listening to the announcers was like you werent watching a game of beat down proportions but of a end of year tribute to the SEC school. ESPN is going to be very sorry that they are pimping this conference because it will come back to bite them when the rest of the CFB world decides it isnt going to put up with it anymore.

The point is that they've won many many big games

Jan 3, 2013, 10:54 AM

the 6 or 7 years to receive their coronation as best conference, and the games in late November just added to that. You can't look at 2 or 3 games and go the other way.

That being said, ESPN didn't have a meeting with Mike and Mike this morning telling them to put any spin on it. That's absurd.

Yep, I heard it too on the way to work. Basically said that

Jan 3, 2013, 7:25 AM

Louisville was still just a lowly Big East Team and that Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina were not focused and mad at their bowl destinations.

It's crazy at how they don't even try to hide their bias for the SEC.

Re: Yep, I heard it too on the way to work. Basically said that

Jan 3, 2013, 7:30 AM

You can't hide public knowledge!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree 110% of corse had it been ACC. sorry this.sorry that***

Jan 3, 2013, 7:28 AM

Re: Mike and Mike on ESPN dismissing the SEC's Bowls.....

Jan 3, 2013, 7:38 AM

Really, guys? Really? Oh yea, just one big huge conspiracy against our Tigers. I bet Obama had a hand in it too! Geezus.

No wonder major recruits never want to stay committed to us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, because we're the only ones annoyed with the ESPN

Jan 3, 2013, 7:59 AM

slurpfest. Just Clemson fans. Nobody else.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Re: Yeah, because we're the only ones annoyed with the ESPN

Jan 3, 2013, 8:03 AM

You think basketball fans around different conferences are saying this about Duke and UNC, or the ACC in general? ESPN loves the ACC during college basketball season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jan 3, 2013, 9:27 AM

so you agree they have a bias???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jan 3, 2013, 10:03 AM

Hahaha, point for the pwn sir.

Jan 3, 2013, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, because we're the only ones annoyed with the ESPN ]

I'll say I hate the bias ESPN shows Duke and the tarholes. Very unfair recruiting advantage

Actually, Louisville was the team that they really brushed.

Jan 3, 2013, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Mike and Mike on ESPN dismissing the SEC's Bowls..... ]

I am guessing you didn't hear the comments and are just going off in a general diss

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

fyi, the OP didnt mention Clemson***

Jan 3, 2013, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Mike and Mike on ESPN dismissing the SEC's Bowls..... ]

They, along with SCAR

Jan 3, 2013, 8:05 AM

are feeling much better at the final score than when it was 30-10.

Viewing thru a Prism, always helps.

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

There's not enough Intellectual Horsepower in that show

Jan 3, 2013, 8:06 AM

to be worthy of a listen...

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic