»
Topic: Mike Williams
Replies: 9   Last Post: Dec 13, 2015 10:40 PM by: Felix2®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Mike Williams

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 6:37 PM

Yeah, I know he may not need it, but did Mike Williams get a medical redshirt year for his injury in the first game?

Doubtful

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 6:38 PM

Seems as though he's going to come back for a senior season then move on to the next level.

2019 student level member

^^this

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 7:02 PM

Hes coming back next year and then going to the NFL. Whatever you want to call it is what it is

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Best Is The Standard

I disagree

[4]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 7:29 PM

Everybody said that he was going to the NFL after this year and they were wrong. I believe he asks for a medical exemption just in case he wants to red shirt this year. You just never know, maybe he gets a nagging injury next year as well and his NFL stock goes down. Why would you not ask? It makes no sense at all not to keep all of your options open.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Yeah, what's the downside of a medical red shirt?

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 7:30 PM

It doesn't affect his ability to play next year or to go to the draft, so what's he got to lose?

Re: I disagree

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 9:41 PM

I know there's a deadline to file for a medical hardship waiver though.

Does anyone know when that is? Perhaps they've already filed one for him and it was never made public.

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 10:16 PM

I'm not sure but I think you have to go through a redshirt season before you can receive a medical redshirt. So, this year would be his redshirt probably and should something happen in the future they could visit the possibility of a medical redshirt.

military_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 10:24 PM

From what I read and understand based on what I was told from a friend that works in sports law, once a student-athlete participates in a game, even if only for just a few plays, he/she has already exhausted that year's eligibility and is no longer eligible for redshirting.

Also, because his absence is due solely to injury and no other reason, he would have to file for a medical hardship waiver as that is his only option.

I can't find anything about an actual date but I know there is a deadline. Perhaps he has until January 11th?

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 10:40 PM

Have to agree Neal, that would be the smart move.

2019 orange level member

Re: Mike Williams

[1]
Posted: Dec 13, 2015 10:19 PM

I don't think you can apply for one until the end of the season. Until that time a player could theoretically still play a down.

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Boston College
FOR SALE: 4 tickets for sale in lower deck north stands section UO Row P seats 22,24,26 and 28. Price is $65...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2921 people have read this post