Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Williams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,063

Mike Williams

Oct 21, 2015, 1:32 PM

Any updates on him lately? He would be a great asset for a championship run but overall I want the kid to be healthy and hopefully get him back next year if he don't go to the draft

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Williams

Oct 21, 2015, 2:25 PM

He's not playing this year.

Out for the year. Done

Oct 21, 2015, 2:28 PM

No worries about a redshirt. He'll likely be gone after next year (he could probably be a first-round draft pick this year)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out for the year. Done

Oct 21, 2015, 2:35 PM

That's the part I don't get. Why, if he is at 100% and cleared, would he be "done" if in fact he'll leave next year (or even end of year this year) and they don't go after a redshirt? If he's available and there is nothing to lose in letting him play, why wouldn't they consider it? Just not buying the "he's done".

Re: Out for the year. Done

Oct 21, 2015, 3:41 PM

If he's cleared - a big if, that - he could well have a decision to make. Let's assume he's cleared in a month...which would put us right to the South Carolina game. If we're unbeaten at that point - another big "if", that - he could be looking at the prospect of still playing against South Carolina, playing in the ACC Championship Game, and then the playoffs after that.

At that point, if he's healthy, no way he takes the medical redshirt. He'd play. I'd play, for durn certain.

If there's any doubt whatsoever, medically, I would be surprised if Dabo lets him back on the field. The last thing Dabo or Clemson want to see is a guy paralyzed for life because they rushed him back. I don't see anyone allowing that.

Folks...

Oct 21, 2015, 3:45 PM

Until he is cleared he cannot even work out.... Gotta rebuild body... Neck injuries are not like broken wrists and collarbones!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Folks...

Oct 21, 2015, 3:46 PM

BABE, REMEMBER, YOU ARE TRYING TO EXPLAIN THINGS TO TIGER BOARD. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

come on Drob

Oct 21, 2015, 3:51 PM

you know it's the Tiger Boreds!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

I actually talked to his father....

Oct 21, 2015, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Out for the year. Done ]

at the Notre Dame game. According to Mr. Williams, Mike fully intends to return to Clemson next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

we're talking about the year after that -- he doesn't need a

Nov 2, 2015, 10:52 AM

5th year to play for Clemson (ie. a need for a medical redshirt)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saw him before the BC game

Oct 21, 2015, 4:48 PM

He was trying to park his car behind the indoor track. He had to back up about 100 yards to be able to turn around and even with the neck brace on he turned around fine. I asked him how he was doing and he said great. I said I'd love to see you back next year, and he said "oh, I'm definitely coming back". Take it for what its worth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Williams

Nov 2, 2015, 10:57 AM

I doubt he plays before the bowls if any at all.
But if he has a big game in possibly 2 bowl games he will be drafted in the first round.

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,063
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic