Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Williams...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Mike Williams...

Oct 5, 2015, 10:52 PM

Out for season. Won't risk any further injury on his neck.

We sure miss you Mike but get healthy and I hope to see you playing in Sunday's!

Joshua S. Kelly / USA TODAY Sports
Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams expected to be out for season
George HalimOct 5 2015, 10:45 PM
Clemson wide receiver Mike Williams appears to be done for the season after suffering a neck fracture on Sept. 5, the team announced.

Williams' initial prognosis was at least six weeks, but the team won't risk further injury.

"The most important thing is for him to heal up," co-offensive coordinator Jeff Scott said. "At the very least, to be able to come back next year and have a great year, that’s probably what he’s focused on right now."

Williams suffered the injury crashing into the goal post while catching a touchdown pass on the first drive of the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Williams...

Oct 5, 2015, 10:56 PM

I wish him all the best with his future and in his recovery!

... could you imagine if he comes back for another year. WOW! GO TIGERS

I hope the Wofford p-o-s who shoved him unnecessarily into

Oct 5, 2015, 10:58 PM

the goal post is proud.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I hope the Wofford p-o-s who shoved him unnecessarily into

Oct 5, 2015, 11:01 PM

wow, really. smfh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The catch was made.

Oct 5, 2015, 11:02 PM

Do you really think the shove was necessary, or justified?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A DB simply trying to make a play by pushing...

Oct 6, 2015, 12:18 AM

...the receiver out of the end zone? Yes, it was justified, and not dirty at all.

Message was edited by: moab®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Oct 5, 2015, 11:03 PM [ in reply to I hope the Wofford p-o-s who shoved him unnecessarily into ]

Dude, really? The guy was trying to push him out of bounds to save a TD. Nothing malicious there at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2015, 11:05 PM

Seems to me the shove was frustration that he got beat. The catch was made before he initiated. Shoving Mike wasn't going to change the outcome of the play.

Oct 5, 2015, 11:09 PM

They had to review it to see if he got a foot down, which he barely did. The shove could have kept that from happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 8:20 AM

OK. After further consideration, you make a good point.

you are very wrong on this one !***

Oct 5, 2015, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I hope the Wofford p-o-s who shoved him unnecessarily into ]

oved him unnecessarily into***

Oct 5, 2015, 11:43 PM [ in reply to I hope the Wofford p-o-s who shoved him unnecessarily into ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He barey got his toe in

Oct 6, 2015, 1:21 AM [ in reply to I hope the Wofford p-o-s who shoved him unnecessarily into ]

I'd dang well hope every one of our defenders would try and knock a receiver out of bounds in that situation.

It's a freak injury, and not at all a dirty play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never played football did ya?***

Oct 6, 2015, 6:31 AM [ in reply to I hope the Wofford p-o-s who shoved him unnecessarily into ]

Re: Never played football did ya?***

Oct 6, 2015, 8:22 AM

Sure I did. At the HS level. A looooooooong time ago.

And y'all have helped me change my thinking about it.

Oct 5, 2015, 11:00 PM

Not buying this. If thus was announced today would have been at the press conferences. Think they are just repeating what was said during the game.

Scott's statement was during the game?***

Oct 5, 2015, 11:05 PM

Oct 5, 2015, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Mike Williams... ]

No it's legit. Bleacher Report confirmed it

Oct 5, 2015, 11:54 PM

Nope not buying that until I hear a coach say it. At the end of the day it's just a hairline factual those don't take too long to heal. I know it scary and you wanna be extra precautions because it's in his next but it not a season ending injury.

/\ /\ The autocorrect is strong with this one.***

Oct 6, 2015, 12:32 AM

They're all reporting it as "likely" he will be out all

Oct 6, 2015, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Mike Williams... ]

season. Words are important. They're rehashing what Jeff Scott said on the sideline Saturday.

nothing new here.

this video is from monday, yesterday the 5th...

Oct 6, 2015, 12:36 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTr06Z93Qbo

go to the 26:30ish mark; it's the statement the report in the OP references and quotes.

Re: this video is from monday, yesterday the 5th...

Oct 6, 2015, 12:46 AM

Dang, I hate it when I'm wrong. Sorry...it's what Jeff said yesterday rather than Saturday on the sideline. He said other stuff on the sideline that was way important too.

Apparently I smartified that information incorrectly.

Any way, the new report that I'm currently making up is that Mike will be back on the field for GT. It's a miracle, I know.

:)

it's frustrating watching you guys kicking it around...

Oct 6, 2015, 12:48 AM

beehiving like first year soccer kids.

just ask me in the future, i'm here to help.

;)

Re: it's frustrating watching you guys kicking it around...

Oct 6, 2015, 12:57 AM

I will keep that in mind. But....the real reason Mike is coming back for Ga. Tech is that the Virgin Mary gave him a miracle 'cause she don't like Notre Dame so much any more on account of us whippin their patootie last saturday night. She's sorta diggin on us now and wanted to help out.

I think that's really nice of her givin ole Mike a new neck bone and all.

Funny how life works out.....good times.

Re: this video is from monday, yesterday the 5th...

Oct 6, 2015, 12:52 AM [ in reply to this video is from monday, yesterday the 5th... ]

To me what coach Scott is saying is that he will probably be back soon but worst case
Scenario next year. I fully expect him to to come back to practice the week after GT but wear a green jersey. He could play BC but I put my money on miami.

Since when does the bleacher report confirm anything?***

Oct 6, 2015, 12:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Mike Williams... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, it's on the internet!***

Oct 6, 2015, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Mike Williams... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2015, 12:34 AM

Hate that for Mike but it will be nice to have him next year.

If he were my son...

Oct 6, 2015, 12:51 AM

and yes, I have two sons, I would not advise him to play again this year because of his high draft projection. I wouldn't blame him for playing again if Clemson makes the playoff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he were my son...

Oct 6, 2015, 12:55 AM

His high draft grade is based on him having a great season. It's really not a serious injury just where it is that's the issuse. I know a guy that played qb at WV. He said he played a whole season with the same injury but that was 40 years ago.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic