Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AAAAHAHAHA!! Big 10 fail
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,292

AAAAHAHAHA!! Big 10 fail

Nov 19, 2012, 8:02 PM

Really big 10? That's the best you can do? Rutgers and Maryland? AAAAAHAHAHA!! I thought the mighty big 10 could just get whoever they wanted. Sure big ten...sell this as a great move. If you try to tell me this was your first choices for 13 and 14 I'll laugh in your face. This makes the ACC's grab for Pitt and Syracuse look like a home run. We can replace Maryland with Navy and have the same if not more market share in that area football wise. What does that tell you about Maryland? BYE Maryland! Enjoy your time in a dying conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: AAAAHAHAHA!! Big 10 fail

Nov 19, 2012, 8:11 PM

bye maryland.....and take your f#####g obnoxious fans with you!!!!!!

Give it time. They might not be done raiding the ACC yet.**

Nov 19, 2012, 8:14 PM

nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen who we are trying to replace them with?

Nov 19, 2012, 8:15 PM

We will soon become the Big East. Sad for everyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UL & Cinci have done more in football more recently than

Nov 19, 2012, 8:36 PM

Maryland. We all know Swoffie wants UCONN. I say we get 16 and keep ND(16.5) as part time. Only helps exposure and keeps us from getting punked by ND.

And no to another FLA team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude...we are talking about Maryland

Nov 19, 2012, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Have you seen who we are trying to replace them with? ]

We could replace them with a dumpster fire and there wouldn't be any drop off.

Can we finally dump the "dumpster fire" reference? So

Nov 19, 2012, 9:51 PM

July. Catch up, its November.

If one looks at this year and last, yes, they have been weak. You got the snapshot history down pat. Great. Not. But Uconn? Really? You want them over Md? Have you bothered to ask yourself why the Big 10 asked Md and not Uconn?

Let me think.....no.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know exactly why they chose MD and not UCONN. It has

Nov 19, 2012, 9:59 PM

nothing to do with success on the field. Maryland has been bad for longer than 2 years. Its this mythical DC market Maryland is supposed to bring. RIGHT, they care so much about the Terps in DC. Weak move by the big 10 who is supposed to be so much better than the ACC.

OK. You are thinking instead of emoting, for about half of

Nov 19, 2012, 10:38 PM

your latest response. Get rid of the remaining emotion, keep thinking, and you will get there.

I suggest you begin by rethinking your "mythical" and "supposed to bring" referrences to the DC market. People smarter than you and me combined, no great feat, consider it bankable.

"...success on the field." Do you really think it has anything to do with that? If so we need to go get Wofford or Appy State.

We are getting left behind, and we are picking up the Big East bball schools the Big 10, Big 12 and $ec dont want. Our only hope is that Barker and TDP are thinking a step ahead of this, because Swofford is not, but I see no indication of it, which of course we might not.

A stable future is not in the ACC, unless by some act of God ND loses its mind and joins the ACC in football. You holding your breath?

I'm not talking about staying or leaving the ACC, I'm

Nov 19, 2012, 10:47 PM

laughing at the Big 10. They can think the Maryland DC market is "bankable" all they want in an area that doesn't care about Maryland or college football for that matter. How did that work out for the ACC and all their new Northeastern markets?

Got it. I'm saying that if the only subject is the wisdom

Nov 19, 2012, 11:22 PM

of the Big 10, surely you know they didn't make a decision like that without running the numbers by ESPN. They know exactly the effect on market share of a Wisconsin / Md game broadcast in DC (not small) and the effect on the TV contract. They knew all this in advance. The word 'bankable' comes to mind, does it not?

You are the one laughing at the Big 10. They are the ones headed to the bank. We are the ones getting dumped on by ND and hoping to get..and I cant believe we have sunk this low...Uconn.

It has nothing to do with ESPN. Its about their network.

Nov 19, 2012, 11:28 PM

If Maryland and Rutgers is the best the big 10 can do to get market share in areas that dont care about college football (see ACC) then yes...I laugh at them.

As of the past 10 years Maryland basically has been a Big...

Nov 19, 2012, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Have you seen who we are trying to replace them with? ]

East team. Only cares about basketball, and weak in every other sport.

Might want to reconsider

Nov 19, 2012, 8:41 PM

The Terps have 15 National Championships in the past 10 years across all sports. I don't think that is weak. Unfortunately, I think we only have 3 all time.

in sports no one cares about other than basketball

Nov 19, 2012, 8:48 PM

congrats to them

Re: in sports no one cares about other than basketball

Nov 19, 2012, 9:15 PM

Some perhaps but he did say ALL sports. If we want to limit which sports matter then they have 2 in hoops - I'm pretty sure we'd care about that. 2 in soccer - since those are 2 of our 4 nat'l champs I suppose you'd care about those.

I agree with the basketball. I think we would care here at

Nov 19, 2012, 9:20 PM

Clemson about the soccer titles but thats only because we have history there. Otherwise no one really cares about college soccer.

If they knew anything about care...

Nov 19, 2012, 8:45 PM [ in reply to As of the past 10 years Maryland basically has been a Big... ]

they would have given Garry Williams more support in basketball.

Almost anybody would be a step up.***

Nov 19, 2012, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Have you seen who we are trying to replace them with? ]

Uh oh... I think you're going to take a beating over this misstep.***

Nov 19, 2012, 8:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,292
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic