Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m sure most of you noticed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I’m sure most of you noticed

Mar 7, 2019, 10:40 AM

Last night that the game was all to similar to many of the games we have played recently. The officials tried to help the Tigers lose by making a very bad call late in the game. The foul with three seconds to go was not close to being a foul.
Unfortunately the Irish couldn’t cash in on this gift that they were presented! Just previous to that play, at the other end of the court , the Tigers lost possession of the ball with a lot of contact by ND. I’ll be surprised if things change in the ACC tourney. Look how well the Tigers played last year in the tournament when they got away from the league Zebras. Night and day difference

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also noticed the announcers

Mar 7, 2019, 10:46 AM

sounded like they were there to cover a Notre Dame practice and Clemson showed up as the Washington Generals...

Re: I also noticed the announcers

Mar 7, 2019, 10:52 AM

Just like the officiating, that has always been the case. Hopefully the lady who has been assigned to several of our games this year will become more available for Tiger games. She is very knowledgeable and has a bit of a Clemson connection.

I hope the announcers chosen for the new ACC network will not be biased toward any particular team. I still think Yanity was among the best we have had at Clemson recently and he likey will be a part of the new network.

I just assumed the ND radio/TV feed was being used

Mar 7, 2019, 10:56 AM [ in reply to I also noticed the announcers ]

Because the entire game was announced from that perspective. The color guy (whose name I don't know and nor do I care to) was clearly a ND alum who repetitively called the ND basketball team "we", which doesn't bother me, but it surely lets me know how it's gonna be called on air.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might be a stretch, but I think

Mar 7, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I also noticed the announcers ]

maybe Cousins (or whatever the color commentator's name was) thought Mooney was the most-improved player in the ACC.

Sheesh....he said that with every other breath.

He was obviously smitten with Mooney.

Mar 8, 2019, 4:52 PM

he needs some lessons from herbstreit - he’s able to call buckeroo games in a relatively unbiased fashion.

I thought it was a questionable call...

Mar 7, 2019, 10:49 AM

Nate Laszewski did a lot of acting to draw the call, but in that scenario the clock was running, Laszewski was on the baseline with his back to the court, and he had no where to go with the ball, so there was no reason for Mitchell to even touch Laszewski.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I thought it was a questionable call...

Mar 7, 2019, 10:56 AM

I believe Mitchell had his back to him and they just bumped each other. Haven’t watched a replay but I’m sure that it didn’t warrant a foul call. He certainly didn’t push him as I think the announcers declared,

Eh, it gets called

Mar 7, 2019, 10:58 AM

Mitchell had to close down on a crazy bad shot that was rebounded under/near the basket. In so doing he bumped to ND player. Not much contact, but it was sold with flailing arms and that gets called often against a sideline like that.

Not the worst call I've ever seen, but it certainly goes against the adage we heard last week that refs will swallow their whistles late in the game so as to not reward an offensive player in trouble.

I thought the announcers were the ND network

Mar 7, 2019, 10:59 AM

They are not the voice of the irish ?

Re: I’m sure most of you noticed

Mar 7, 2019, 11:07 AM

What bothers me most about this is that the officials won't hesitate to call a slight bump on Clemson with 3 seconds left and the game on the line, but they refuse to blow the whistle when our guy gets MAULED by a UNC defender with 3 seconds left and the game on the line. The obvious inconsistency notwithstanding, they then justify the latter by saying that they swallow the whistles late in the game so that the players...not the refs...will determine the outcome of the game.

The only problem with that philosophy of officiating is that the rules are the same with 3 seconds left as they are with 20 minutes left. A foul is a foul, regardless of when it occurs during the game.

I understand wanting to let the players determine the outcome. I DON'T understand changing the rules of the game on the fly.

Mar 7, 2019, 11:29 AM

It was a foul.

He pushed the ND guy with his body and caused the ND guy to lose the ball out of bounds.

You could say, "Let them play," which is what happened in the UNC game, but it was a foul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2019, 11:54 AM

Officiating double standard. That's a problem.

Mar 8, 2019, 4:42 PM

The conspiracy theories on this board never cease to amaze??

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

Come on...get it right!

Mar 8, 2019, 5:08 PM

;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic