Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Might as well start the fight now. I hate night games !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Might as well start the fight now. I hate night games !

Aug 8, 2015, 7:36 PM

Just hate them.

Clemson football is quite a social event .

Before the lights everyone meandered in early and set up the tailgate, met friends whom they might have not seen since the previous year, listened to Pervis Peabody and the Tiger Tailgate show and just had a nice leisurly time . Might even through a ball around .

Yes it was hot often, but there was always a breeze off the lake .

After the game we broke out the tailgate again, discussed the game and relaxed, then wandered home at our leisure .

Night games it is hot as hades too but with no breeze ( thought I was going to pass out at the UGA game in '13). Everyone is in a rush to get home, little comradery. PLUS, we have 85,000 tired folks trying to get out of Tigertown at the same time .

Bring back Noon (or 1:00) kickoffs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do know it is dictated by TV

Aug 8, 2015, 7:48 PM

But still

Re: Might as well start the fight now. I hate night games !

Aug 8, 2015, 7:54 PM

Not that I go to many games, but I don't like nooners either. Everyone is rushing in. I tried to go to the Georgia game a little over 10 years ago. Got half way in from the interstate and had to turn around and go watch at the Hooters. I agree with late games as everyone is rushing out. I personally think 3:30 games are the best. Traffic coming in is not bad and you can hang around or go downtown after.

point, and point well taken***

Aug 8, 2015, 8:07 PM

I want the best possible atomosphere for home field advantage

Aug 8, 2015, 8:08 PM

And that is night games. I prefer those mainly for "big games", if we're playing a nobody I am fine with early games so I can get home in time to see the bigger games around prime time.

I respect your opnion, but I disagree

Aug 8, 2015, 8:18 PM

Especially big games, I would rather get up, go to The Valley ,enjoy some tailgate and a few adult beverages and GET IT ON !

I am weird, a fanatic if you will. If I have to wait untill 7:00 pm I am a nervous wreck, pulled my hair out and bit my nails down to the quick.

I like having a couple night games a year

Aug 8, 2015, 8:15 PM

Hate nooners the most, but night games are a hassle afterwards. Ideally I think 2 night games and the rest 3:30 would make me the happiest. Hate having to wake up at 6 to make it to Clemson in time.

What's best for Clemson works best for me.

Aug 8, 2015, 8:22 PM

I know some prefer the nooners and that's fine. We should play all the light weights at noon. The middle tier teams we should host at 3 PM. When we play a top 25 match we should play in the evening so everybody can see us romp and stomp.

Just like the TV dictates. No, before someone ask, I don't know how dictates but if I thought it would help my University I might find out.

Just once so don't form a line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Golden

Aug 8, 2015, 8:27 PM

U da man

No fight from me, I love them and now we get them thanks to

Aug 8, 2015, 8:26 PM

winning. Tigers are a credible prime time team, and those that don't like it can stay at home if they wish. Otherwise, don't complain.

These days, if you're not getting your share of prime time, you're nothing. Not sure why that should be a reason for Tiger fans to argue. But old timers will gripe like old timers do.

Re: Might as well start the fight now. I hate night games !

Aug 8, 2015, 8:29 PM

As a student, noon games are not fun. I know I know... The horror of waking up before noon haha.
I like 3:30 games, good time before and done by dark so you can go back out afterwards.
Night games are the best for atmosphere though :)

After I graduated and moved to Mt Pleasant

Aug 8, 2015, 8:46 PM

I used to leave after work on Friday and drive up, park around the ESSO Club and sleep in my VW.

See what you have to look forward to !

GO TIGERS

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic