Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever

Apr 18, 2013, 10:50 AM

because it eliminates the atmosphere early in the 3rd. I also agree that leaving at halftime is silly.

Also Roy apparently has hated the going on the field after games for a long time.

Does anyone else feel like it is slightly slimy by both of them to use post-traumatic national event fear to bolster their arguments against these two practices?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever

Apr 18, 2013, 10:51 AM

uh no

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

their secrets revealed...

Apr 18, 2013, 10:55 AM

Sales Career Training Institute
Common Problems
That Salespeople Encounter
And Reasons Prospects Don't Buy

photo FSCover3DSBI_zps4ca845ae.gif

In 1999, the Sales Career Training Institute began to conduct a series of surveys, which our organization continues to build upon even today to keep up with trends in marketing and sales. The purpose of the surveys was to determine the biggest problems that salespeople were encountering as well as the main reasons why buyers weren’t buying.

7 Common Problems That Salespeople Encounter

Following is a summary of the seven most prevalent problems encountered by salespeople as reported by sales managers and salespeople:

1) Our sales cycle is too long.

2) Our closing ratio of proposals to actual sales is too low.

3) Too often we are dealing with prospects that don’t have decision-makingpower.

4) Our prospects use our quotes to get better prices from our competition.

5) We constantly must compete on price and so we must discount to win business.

6) We can’t get enough qualified leads.

7) The prospects we do get into the pipeline never seem to develop into actual sales.

These are all very common problems that salespeople encounter, and wewill address each of these issues and many more as we delve into the FEAR Selling System. But we can only begin to understand how to solve these problems by studying buyer attitudes and behavior.

5 Reasons Prospects Don't Buy

Following is a summary of the five most prevalent reasons for not buying asreported by prospective buyers:

1) I get worried when salespeople don’t take the time to get to know myspecific problem.

2) I don’t feel that salespeople have my best interests in mind.

3) I’m afraid that they won’t be able to deliver what they say they candeliver.

4) My job is on the line, so I can’t trust new vendors.

5) I don’t trust salespeople that talk at me instead of with me.As you can see, the majority of the answers to this survey revolve aroundfear and mistrust.

Our research on buyer behavior and attitudes – as well as many otherstudies that we will reference throughout FEAR Selling – reveals thatpeople buy emotionally rather than intellectually.

The decision to buy or not to buy is more subjective than you might think.We have found that despite bidding processes and return-on-investmentanalyses that your prospects might demand, they typically buy based onemotions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2013, 10:58 AM

Pass outs reduce 3rd qtr. support and should be dropped for that reason, You are there for a football game, and I am sure our players and coaches would apprciate the support for 4 qtrs.

I agree

Apr 18, 2013, 10:59 AM

the beginning of the 3rd is dead. I mean halftime is only 20 minutes.

Re: I agree

Apr 18, 2013, 11:01 AM

Im back in my seat for the 3rd

every single time?***

Apr 18, 2013, 11:02 AM

Re: every single time?***

Apr 18, 2013, 2:53 PM

Nope but sometimes I miss them running down the hill.

Pi$$es me off but junk happens. 90% of the time i'm back

Yea, but some have to get those 3 drinks at halftime in.***

Apr 18, 2013, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

people would still leave... they just wouldn't be able to

Apr 18, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

come back-- that is not going to solve the early 3rd qtr concerns.. in fact, it will create late 3rd Qtr and 4th qtr concerns

fail***

Apr 18, 2013, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

Apr 18, 2013, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

It is all a matter of Economics. Clemson and Notre Dame are the smallest Universities to have Stadiums that fit over 80,000 fans. most universities are double the size. For Clemson to fill it's stadium every football Saturday the University has to attract as many kids and wives that did not go to Clemson as possible. My two kids went to games when they were 3 months and 9 month (now 12 and 9). There would have been no way I could have taken those two if we were not able to go out at haltime and get out of ths sun. So all you over zealous Clemsom football fans can argue there is no atmospere in the 3rd quarter. I promise you it will be a lot deader all game if you shut out the fans that need the break at halftime.

My kids starting going to Clemson games the first season

Apr 18, 2013, 2:55 PM

after they were born and have never left at halftime. Just go up to the concession stand area. Do you not think that people carry children to games where they can not leave at halftime?

EXACTLY***

Apr 18, 2013, 8:29 PM

Re: My kids starting going to Clemson games the first season

Apr 19, 2013, 1:34 PM [ in reply to My kids starting going to Clemson games the first season ]

I am glad that worked for you and your family. It would not have worked for my wife. I am happy Clemson has pass outs. It maded it possible for my fmily to make it to home games for over seventeen years now. I will never understand why some believe that Clemson games have to be enjoyed exactly the same as themselves. Let those who want to leave, leave at half and if you enjoy stauing in the whole game, good for you. Clemson has a much stronger fan base because they have choices.

There are a lot of people who go to football games

Apr 19, 2013, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

for other reason than supporting Clemson football.

(Which Tiger fans have ripped South Carolina about for years)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Ben Franklin said it best....

Apr 18, 2013, 11:00 AM

He who would give up freedoms for security does not deserve and will never have both!!

Re: Ben Franklin said it best....

Apr 18, 2013, 12:14 PM

Although i completely agree with the quote, I think any decision made on this issue would a simple matter of complying with the rules set forth by the institution who you entered into contract with (bought a ticket). So if a policy changes, although i may not like it and express that dissatisfaction in various ways. It is not equivalent to giving up freedom.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Ben Franklin didn't live with the explosive and deadly

Apr 18, 2013, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Ben Franklin said it best.... ]

technology that we had today either.

Re: Ben Franklin didn't live with the explosive and deadly

Apr 18, 2013, 1:31 PM

You do realize the climate when Ben Franklin lived right?
"If we do not hang together, surely we will hang seperately"

Yes, and they didn't have nuclear weapons, bombs that any

Apr 19, 2013, 9:37 AM

idiot can look up online and learn how to make, and they didn't have the population we have today.

I understand that times were harder back then as far as no electricity (until Mr. Franklin flew his kite) and all that.

My point was the deadly technology coupled with the ease of information on events, bomb making, etc. is far greater now than it was in the 1700's.

I'm not taking anything away from a great early leader of this nation, just putting some things in perspective.

Apr 18, 2013, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Ben Franklin didn't live with the explosive and deadly ]

Nah Ben was just winning our freedom but he enter no danger zone. GOOD GRIEF

Apr 18, 2013, 3:25 PM

Actually Ben Franklin was never in danger.

During military hostilities with Great Britain, he was in Paris as an ambassador banging French chicks.

Believe me I greatly appreciate everything our founding

Apr 19, 2013, 9:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Ben Franklin didn't live with the explosive and deadly ]

fathers did to earn our freedom and pave the way for what our country is today.

That being said,

1) I did not say anything negative about Ben Franklin.

2) Prove me wrong that now is not a deadlier time than it was in the late 1700's to early 1800's. Tell me about the vast technology they had, the bomb making skills, etc. that are a potential threat to any U.S. citizen's life, not just a high figure in the country.

The person/people who bombed the Boston Marathon weren't going after the President, VP, Sec. of State, Chief Justice, etc. They tried to hurt everyday, hard working citizens of this great country, as well as several other countries around the world.

Not sure Ben was talking about football halftime passouts.***

Apr 18, 2013, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Ben Franklin said it best.... ]

What? Did he go to Penn games? No crowds there..***

Apr 18, 2013, 8:32 PM [ in reply to Ben Franklin said it best.... ]

Apr 18, 2013, 11:18 AM

The end pass outs argument is a knee-jerk reaction to a true tragedy. Clemson football fandom is not broken because of pass outs. Let those who like 'em continue to use it. Let those who don't like them not use them. It just kills me in America how anyone thinks they should be able to decide for me what I want to do by making a rule. We have too many rules now...we don't need anymore. And, don't try to justify making one by the lame-o argument that it is safer to do so. It doesn't hold water.

agree and eliminating pass-outs will defeat the purpose for

Apr 18, 2013, 11:40 AM

the rule--- people will still leave to go drink at halftime, they just won't come back

Apr 18, 2013, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

Wish I could give you more than one TU! D@mn good POST!

Ken

I think we should play touch football due to risk of injury

Apr 18, 2013, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

;)

^^BEST POST ALL DAY^^

Apr 18, 2013, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

Unless Mickey and his buddies want to pay for my parking and my tickets, they need to not worry about how I use them. We pay A LOT of money for our security officers and I see them working throughout the games. Maybe those who oppose the pass out policy would like to form a "half time militia" to strip search everybody as they re-enter the stadium.

I think most would agree with this, only those to lazy to

Apr 18, 2013, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

get up and move during a game hate to see fans get a few relaxing moments out of the heat.

Apr 19, 2013, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Mickey and Philpot have hated the pass out policy forever ]

Too many people want control of others. I will never understand.

because a terrorist is obviously going to want to watch

Apr 18, 2013, 11:38 AM

half the game before attacking, face palm. I would think the terrorist would simply show up when they are ready to attack, not show up leave and come back. Most of the scouting would have been done long before and the more you hang around the more chance of being ided. So that said the pass out argument is invalid. You would then be forced to take everything a step further and say if you have a ticket and you do not use it by halftime then you cant enter at all.

Here's a somewhat novel, yet possible, solution:

Apr 18, 2013, 11:51 AM

Tell Dabo and Co. to keep the score close at halftime to keep up the suspense...then open it up, say, about the fourth quarter. Shy of that, employ Hooter's ladies to pass out free beer and peanuts during the third and fourth quarters to bonafide Clemson folks. Still yet, announce raffle drawings to occur sometime during the third or fourth quarters with ten Clemson-affiliated winners to receive $1000 each...of course, with the requirement that the winners have to be in their seats to win. GWP, DSP, Dave, LBU and their crowd will be happy to provide funding. If the Hooter's ladies idea is adopted, MY crowd will be happy to provide the...funning. lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If its about security then tie pass

Apr 18, 2013, 12:07 PM

Outs to IPTAY memberships. That's about as far as it should go.

as I posted above, I think it is silly to think the person

Apr 18, 2013, 12:16 PM

is going to utilize the pass out policy in the first place. If security is so bad after halftime then it would be equally bad for those returning to the stadium utilizing the pass out policy and those coming into the stadium for the first time maybe a late arrival. If this statement is true, then why would the terrorist need a passout rule in the first place. They would simply just wait till halftime and show up for the first time. So carrying this out further, you would then need to apply a rule that neither passouts or late arrivals will be allowed. If you are late tough. This is simply a knee jerk reaction to artificially make those that are insecure feel better, when ultimately it would probably stop nothing as they would just find another way to attack while and would just be another thing to infringe upon the freedom and liberties of us all.

Apr 18, 2013, 12:23 PM

What's the policy like for Tennis matches TIP?

Crump <3 $EC

anyone can leave and come back at anytime

Apr 18, 2013, 1:19 PM

and there is no admission

Maybe the fans should take a vote if we want to continue to

Apr 18, 2013, 12:26 PM

hear Philpott and Mickey on radio. They might very well lose out.

Both should stay out of the business of trying to change traditions at Clemson. The fans love the pass outs, the kids and adults both love going onto the field and letting their kids play on the same grass they just watched their heros play on.

Leave the policies alone.

If someone wants to plant a bomb they will, passouts won't stop it. Hell the could walk down the sidewalk at the top of the hill and throw a bomb over the fence.

I don't think in big games the fans stay outside. On those 90degree days many fans, older ones and fans with small kids, like to get out of the stadium and sit in the shade and relax.

They bought a ticket, they should be able to go and come when they like. Those who want to sit in the heat, sit there, don't worry about what others are doing.

Maybe if those drinks of coke and water did not cost $4.00 more fans would buy them. This all in, all clemson, is all good for Clemson when they are ripping off the fans they want support from.

Re: bubba said

Apr 18, 2013, 12:34 PM

you can NEVER legislate morality. make all the rules and laws you want, if someone wants to cause harm they will find a way. simple as that! do the two radio heads think that if someone wanted to do harm, the pass out rule or going on the field after the game would stop them? just something to get calls from fans and rile um up.

Re: bubba said and many agree with you, thank you***

Apr 18, 2013, 12:40 PM

Re: Maybe the fans should take a vote if we want to continue to

Apr 18, 2013, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Maybe the fans should take a vote if we want to continue to ]

Well now you've gone and done it! They will be calling for 16' high razor wire to be put up around the stadium to keep away those bombs that people will be throwing over the fence. Also, any one of those kids allowed onto the field after a game could be packing a deadly charge of TNT capable of taking us all out! We should adopt a policy where everyone must sit perfectly still in their underwear and watch every second from the stands. Surely that would eliminate the problem...or not, cause there was that one guy who hid a bomb in his underwear. Darn, back to the drawing board.

LOL, maybe we shouldn't have said anything***

Apr 18, 2013, 12:44 PM

Re: Maybe the fans should take a vote if we want to continue to

Apr 18, 2013, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Maybe the fans should take a vote if we want to continue to ]

GREAT POST! U are absolutely dead on every point!!my plan @ this time is to NEVER AGAIN buy anything from the conns stands.. $4.00 for a 25 cents bottle of water is highway robbery!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it's about being All In, One Clemson, Solid Orange

Apr 18, 2013, 12:47 PM

as long as you don't mind being ripped off.

Now with all this new security how will my wife and I slip in those bottles of water and diet coke for us and the grand kids.

maybe Mickey or Phillpotty will be happy to give out some free drinks to the fans.

Actually you can legally bring in unopened bottles

Apr 18, 2013, 2:48 PM

of water/coke into death valley. We have always done it and the security said that was fine

Re: Actually you can legally bring in unopened bottles

Apr 18, 2013, 4:11 PM

Good to know, the wife can stop hidding them in her bag and we each can carry some in.

Apr 18, 2013, 12:37 PM

I did not know any of this..I am totally in favor of half-times pass-outs and what they say will not change my mind or theirs either..I am seriously thinking of not buying season tickets again.. if they eliminate half-time passouts this will just be another reason to stop!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree even though you might be joking. These idiots

Apr 18, 2013, 12:54 PM

obviously don't have small kids. The only reason my 1 year old was able to go to games is because of halftime passes, but I'm sure some people on here think kids regardless of age should have a ticket too.

Apr 18, 2013, 1:11 PM

Why not leave! If I parked close enough I would! Paying $4 footer a bottle water our $6 for a soda is ridiculous!

I sure do and I have been trying to call in for two days

Apr 18, 2013, 3:15 PM

about it. However, I don't think the pass out and possible change will have any effect. Lately, people don't even come back after the half in big games. It is terrible. I think 80% of the people will leave even knowing they cannot get back in. Satellite television has ruined game attendance in my opinion.

Viva the Pass-Out

Apr 18, 2013, 3:32 PM

I can't think of another team/school that allows it. A unique Clemson tradition along with being able to go on the field after a game.

And yet they think Purple is a good idea because it's

Apr 18, 2013, 3:39 PM

unique...Go figure...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To Answer The Original Question from the Thread

Apr 18, 2013, 4:27 PM

Does anyone else feel like it is slightly slimy by both of them to use post-traumatic national event fear to bolster their arguments against these two practices?

I do, I find it very offensive to use those type of events that happen in Boston to try and get traditions changed at Clemson.

Especially when neither tradition affects either one of those two.

They become as slimmy as the question for using Boston as their platform on this subject.

Nothing Wrong With Reloading Your Crown at Halftime***

Apr 18, 2013, 8:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic