Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,961

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Louisville

Apr 1, 2013, 11:40 AM

Louisville

Louisville
I criticize John Swofford and the Atlantic Coast Conference leaders and presidents as much as anyone but you have to give them credit in this latest round of expansion especially after watching this past weekend.

It is pretty clear to me that Louisville is the best team in the

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having John Schnatter didn't hurt either*

Apr 1, 2013, 12:22 PM

nm

Sadly Clemson's is not in Louisville's league in b-ball ...

Apr 1, 2013, 12:30 PM

at this point in time - whether it's men's basketball, women's basketball or baseball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cards would kill CU in BB & BB...but FB should be a thriller

Apr 1, 2013, 12:50 PM

with some real tight and/or OT games. Bring it on!

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Louisville baseball will struggle with the ACC

Apr 1, 2013, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Sadly Clemson's is not in Louisville's league in b-ball ... ]

If there is going to be a sport that will be exposed it will be baseball. They have a number of natural advantages over their geography and conference 1) much better facilities than teams they typically schedule and 2) being a "southernmost" school of their typical competition they are very smart with their scheduling for max impact.

Just going from memory, I think they've only been to the CWS 1 time since they built the new stadium and advanced to the Supers only twice.

But their stadium is great from a fan perspective. They've got a great entrance and it fits with the surroundings. I've never been to a game but I've walked around it. It is weird to have a field with no dirt though. They could this to their advantage to get other "northern talent" to stay in Louisville and play against the top. Leverage Yum Brands, Papa Johns and Louisville Slugger and you've got a potent mix for longer term success.

Re: I think Louisville baseball will struggle with the ACC

Apr 1, 2013, 2:33 PM

And don't they serve alcohol at their games?

Don't know, but drinkin', smokin' and gamblin'

Apr 1, 2013, 2:55 PM

seem to be the unofficial hobbies of every resident of Kentucky.

I knew them coming in would be a good thing!

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Louisville

Apr 1, 2013, 8:43 PM

I doubt Swofford will do much to make Louisville, or more importantly, us, a better program at anything. JMO, but his track record for helping others, besides uncheat and the Dukies is not much to write home about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to compare; the city now treats UL like a pro franchise

Apr 1, 2013, 11:16 PM

Louisville and Clemson are Apples and Oranges (an intentional pun on the colors in case you were wondering)

The city is significantly sized (roughly the population of Cincinnati) and in the last decade and a half has begun to treat the university like its own pro team. Just look at the Yum center... despite what the lease says, it was purpose-built for UL. The first step was 15 years ago with a brand new football stadium along I-65 (advertising) with a major expansion less than a decade later.

Mickey basketball is irrelevant in expansion, you should kno

Apr 2, 2013, 10:36 AM

that by now.

So Pitino demands greatness

Apr 3, 2013, 12:41 AM

from his players. Not hard to do with the players he recruits!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,961
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic