Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Jul 5, 2013, 11:09 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
I know Dabo has a lot going on, but maybe you can give him a shout and run this idea by him.  The fans are ticked

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first email from Michael was the BEST idea I have

Jul 5, 2013, 11:17 AM

heard. I am an old guy that believes somewhere, somehow, there needs to be forgiveness and a little understanding here. The "lynch mob" mentality I have read on tigernet is as shameful as the crime itself in my opinion. Just sayin'.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Respectfully disagree on two counts. One it sends

Jul 5, 2013, 2:04 PM

a message if you vandalize Clemson football/traditions, you might get the opportunity to meet with the team. Two, hopefully Dabo has bigger things to worry about this matter. It doesn't warrant his attention, IMO.

You have a good point too surroudedtiger

Jul 5, 2013, 2:48 PM

No easy answer.

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Well, I agree with your comments about the lynch mob

Jul 5, 2013, 7:27 PM

mentality. There's no place for that, IMO.

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Jul 5, 2013, 11:19 AM

I think that the Clemson fans should leave the young man that damaged The Rock alone and let the legal process run it's course. But I do not think meeting the team to apologize is appropriate... that sounds like a reward for bad actions to me! He can write a letter to apologize... If he is guilty then he should be banned from the stadium. I do not want him harmed, but neither would I want to sit beside him at a game!

Jul 5, 2013, 10:09 PM

Last I read, he hasn't confessed to doing the damage ... I know he's already convicted by the fans, but right now, he has only been arrested and charged.

Someone earlier made the analogy to Richard Jewell and the bombing in Atlanta years ago. Arrested, charged ... and found innocent.

Until proven otherwise, that is a very apt analogy.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mistake - Hopefully!

Jul 5, 2013, 11:26 AM

Priester in APRIL?

Crowley isn't playing for a few years.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 5, 2013, 1:40 PM

I agree with the post about being 18 and doing stupid things. Also, agree that addressing the team might be considered a reward. Probably an open letter to Clemson fans would be more appropriate. I believe such a letter might get published. Doubt his lawyer would approve.
Considering that the reports indicate that he is a Tiger fan, maybe alcohol was involved and he and friends just wanted to "rub the rock" or get a piece of it. And their actions went too far. Maybe his 15 minutes of fame will flame out.
Maybe we will get answers in the near future.
I wholeheartedly agree that Tiger fans need to leave the kid and his family alone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2013, 7:01 PM

Sad that his family have to also pay for the type of mistake he made. Yes, something positive will come out of this if we handle this rationally and with forgiveness. From the apology letter standpoint and details, the judge handling this case can make or recommend this as a requirement for completion of his sentencing. This would be the proper & legal way. Without Clemson Univ. or Coach Swinney being liable if this process doesn't go as planned. Similar to a person required to pay restitution or do public service details.

Jul 5, 2013, 7:04 PM

Michael, are you kidding me? My grandson would love to meet the Tigers, what should he do to arrange that, break some windows in the westzone? Next, someone will suggest Micah should run down the hill before the Georgia game.

Until he admits guilt and turns in those who were with him

Jul 5, 2013, 10:50 PM

I think part of his punishment should be to conduct a weeklong search in the Death Valley (Calif.) desert for an identical rock. Truthfully though, people should leave his family alone and consider the fact that using phone calls to harass someone or to deliver threats may be considered a greater crime than what their son did.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic