Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Michael Sam Sr. troubled by news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Michael Sam Sr. troubled by news

Feb 13, 2014, 8:55 AM

Updated: February 12, 2014, 10:33 AM ET
ESPN.com news services
http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=10439397&type=story

Didn't know or did not want to know?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps we could spend today discussing the Michael Sam

Feb 13, 2014, 8:59 AM

situation and how homosexuality relates to the Bible and modern Christians. I think that would be a good topic for a day like today where most of us are snowed in and going stir crazy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

When are bigots like you going to get in the 21st century

Feb 13, 2014, 9:08 AM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: When are bigots like you going to get in the 21st century

Feb 13, 2014, 9:11 AM

Around 14 years ago?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ the wise guy in every crowd...

Feb 13, 2014, 9:17 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clover65 is a direct descendant of Confucius...

Feb 13, 2014, 9:19 AM

while you're a direct descendant of "Confuse Us".

Sorry, that sounded like something that 74 would post :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

confuse you? never, well, not since the gypsies...***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: clover65 is a direct descendant of Confucius...Het

Feb 13, 2014, 9:58 AM [ in reply to clover65 is a direct descendant of Confucius... ]

watch it. That is Mr 74 to you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right...I should show my elders more respect, even if

Feb 13, 2014, 10:01 AM

they are morans

;)

I'm not so wise- all I know about this topic is

Feb 13, 2014, 9:29 AM [ in reply to ^^^ the wise guy in every crowd... ]

that I entered the 21st century at the same time everyone else above the age of puberty did (bigot or not).

some people are slower than others...

Feb 13, 2014, 9:30 AM

i don't think you're one of those.

I don't know who TU'd you for saying that I am not slower

Feb 13, 2014, 9:37 AM

than others ("some others") but I thank you both.

Meeee

Feb 13, 2014, 9:54 AM

I am contractually obligated to TU all of dsp's posts..

in exchange for other services ;)

"In exchange for other services"

Feb 13, 2014, 9:55 AM

I'm shocked...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not to mention

Feb 13, 2014, 9:56 AM

jealous.

^^^'88 won't like this....***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:57 AM

null

dsp went thru

Feb 13, 2014, 9:53 AM [ in reply to I'm not so wise- all I know about this topic is ]

puberty much later than most of us...

so where does he fall?

help us out bob

Feb 13, 2014, 9:55 AM

where exactly in sc is puberty located? tia

I'm guessing Horry County?***

Feb 13, 2014, 10:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at the very least, it's a little south of sugar ###.

Feb 13, 2014, 10:17 AM

this much i do know.

thanks bob. hopefully more true american heroes such as

Feb 13, 2014, 9:13 AM [ in reply to When are bigots like you going to get in the 21st century ]

yourself will come out of the closet to put the gwps of the world in their place.

i herd he kicks puppies too.

Does being a Christian = being a bigot?***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:37 AM [ in reply to When are bigots like you going to get in the 21st century ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

depends on whom you ask... i've seen some here that would

Feb 13, 2014, 9:42 AM

suggest, yes.

Re: Does being a Christian = being a bigot?***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Does being a Christian = being a bigot?*** ]

Only when you think your personal beliefs should apply to public policies that make life relatively more difficult for those who are in consensual relationships with members of the same sex.

Unfortunately, all throughout history***

Feb 13, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Does being a Christian = being a bigot?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

^^^His dad wasn't mad when he came out.....***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:44 AM [ in reply to When are bigots like you going to get in the 21st century ]

null

it's about time someone broached this issue...***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:14 AM [ in reply to Perhaps we could spend today discussing the Michael Sam ]

Re: Perhaps we could spend today discussing the Michael Sam

Feb 13, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Perhaps we could spend today discussing the Michael Sam ]

So you think you should determine what topics are discussed and which ones aren't? ;)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

For some reason he thinks this is GWPTigerNet...

Feb 13, 2014, 9:22 AM

what an arrogant tool

Yes, I think I've earned that right

Feb 13, 2014, 9:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Perhaps we could spend today discussing the Michael Sam ]

through years of receiving Crumpmails...it's time I finally get something in return

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

BUT ONLY SERIOUSLY ! ! ! It IS Thursday, afterall. BOB -

Feb 13, 2014, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Perhaps we could spend today discussing the Michael Sam ]

PAY ATTENTION ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I guess someone hasn't told him yet he's supposed to be

Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 AM

thrilled.

I bet

Feb 13, 2014, 9:29 AM

His gay son signing for millions in a few months will temper his disenthusiasm over this announcement just a smidge. I like the fact that he had the tact to talk about his kid dissapointing him in such a non-public way ... book deal for sad daddy ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I bet

Feb 13, 2014, 9:38 AM

Agreed. Dad shouldn't have gone public with his disappointment. By the same token ... he did receive the news via a text message. Both sentiments suggest a lack of respect.

Agreed.

Feb 13, 2014, 9:43 AM

Sam Jr. shoulda Tweeted that made a meme .
Could have said " I don't always get by a tight end , but when I do it's because I like sex with dudes " .
Or something.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

pics?

Feb 13, 2014, 9:44 AM

signed,

lbu

Groce***

Feb 13, 2014, 9:58 AM

what's the matter? some guy pouring it to another guy

makes you squeamish?

maybe you're one of the uncomfortable ones some people talk about?

Re: Michael Sam Sr. troubled by news- did not read

and do not care. He opened this can of worms so if he's not happy thats his issue.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michael Sam Sr. troubled by news- did not read

Feb 13, 2014, 10:10 AM

It was his son who opened the can of worms, among other things.

Re: Michael Sam Sr. troubled by news

Feb 13, 2014, 10:22 AM

Not proud of it, but sometimes I listen to The Herd podcast on my way home from work, and Colin brought up this very subject the other day and raised some decent points. Specifically, this man fathered 8 children, 3 of which are dead, 2 in prison, and 1 a gay, black american who is about to become a millionaire in the country's greatest sport. Yet, the living, gay, millionaire is the one that concerns him most? Would have thought it would be one of those 5 others, but what do I know.

But seriously...a text message? Really?

Feb 13, 2014, 10:29 AM

This seems like the kind of thing that you'd want to talk to your parents about in person.

And most people I know who have come out to their parents, the parents reactions were usually "We know. And we've known for a while."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic