Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Michael Carvell, writer for AJC. I found this bio but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 6,145

Michael Carvell, writer for AJC. I found this bio but

Jul 9, 2012, 10:27 AM

nothing about where he went to school. It seems he's from the lowcountry of SC. Do we have a Coot in the woodpile?

Michael L Carvell, 53 years old, lives in Dalton,
Georgia, but has also spent time in Goose Creek, South Carolina; Moncks Corner, South Carolina and North Charleston, South Carolina.

He has worked for Atlanta Journal-constitution and Sports Writer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michael Carvell, writer for AJC. I found this bio but

Jul 9, 2012, 10:38 AM

Rest assured, your sins will find you out. You can only hid that affiliation for just so long.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2012, 10:41 AM

Based on his LinkedIn profile, he has spent many a years as a UGA beat writer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2012, 10:48 AM

And on this Wikipedia page, he was Sports Director for the local TV station in Athens... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WUGA-TV

Jul 9, 2012, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Michael Carvell, writer for AJC. I found this bio but ]

an experienced crime reporter apparently

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Michael Carvell - from North Augusta SC 43 yrs old***

Jul 9, 2012, 10:44 AM

Jul 9, 2012, 10:51 AM

I've known Michael for most of my life. He's from NA, and he has helped a lot of athletes from the community get scholarships when coaches didn't know a thing or care about highlight tapes and recruiting. Definitely not a coot, more of a bulldog than anything. Which might explain this article a little bit more.

Where did he go to school?***

Jul 9, 2012, 11:01 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

are you suggesting Carvell has some sort of bias??

Jul 9, 2012, 10:55 AM

"Do we have a Coot in the woodpile?"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joking.***

Jul 9, 2012, 11:01 AM

Re: I bet he is related to James Carville too. Just changed

Jul 9, 2012, 11:36 AM

the spelling trying to hide it.

James Carville is LSU***

Jul 9, 2012, 11:39 AM

Re:I know. Huey Long was his grandfather.***

Jul 9, 2012, 11:40 AM

And, is proof that outer-space aliens live amongst us.***

Jul 9, 2012, 2:53 PM [ in reply to James Carville is LSU*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He used to wroite for The Augusta Chroncle, also...

Jul 9, 2012, 11:38 AM

More of a Dawg than anything, I think...

Personal friend of Michael's and I can assure you that he

Jul 9, 2012, 11:54 AM

has no bias against Clemson. He is a UGA grad but thinks highly of Dabo and staff and what they are doing at Clemson.

Re: Personal friend of Michael's and I can assure you that he

Jul 9, 2012, 1:00 PM

And tried his hand of maybe putting Dabo between a rock and a hard spot with recruits. Hmmmmm!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Michael

Jul 9, 2012, 1:39 PM

He went to Univ. of Ga and he graduated from North Augusta High School.

If that is the case....

Jul 9, 2012, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Personal friend of Michael's and I can assure you that he ]

it just further supports what a crappy and irresponsible job he did with the whole story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If that is the case....

Jul 9, 2012, 2:08 PM

Not defending the article, and don't disagree with your assessment. But I would defend him personally. I grew up with Michael and know he takes his job seriously and attempts to be as professional as possible.

Then he should

Jul 9, 2012, 2:17 PM

own his mistake by publishing a complete retraction and an apology for taking the comments of a 17 year old kid and using them to create a story where none existed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then he should

Jul 9, 2012, 2:29 PM

BigCUFan, I'm not going to argue with a fellow Tiger.

If you haven't already contacted Michael, maybe you should take up your grievance with him.

I'm not arguing wih you...

Jul 9, 2012, 2:46 PM

I am simply stating my opinion that this whole story on Robert Nkemdiche is totally, completely, and entirely the result of irresponsible journalism by a writer for the AJC who is upset that Clemson walked into UGa's back yard and landed the No. 1 rated recruit in the nation which is exxactly what you would expect form what is and always has been a Bulldog propaganda rag.

You know the writer personally and he may be the nicest guy on the planet. I don't know. What I do know is that he completely botched the article on RN and if he has any journalistic integrity, he would correct it without being pressured to do so by readers.

This isn't the same AJC that you & I remember

Jul 9, 2012, 5:08 PM

It's a shell of it's former self. Essentially they have gotten rid of all the quality writers save a very few dinosaurs (Bradley) & the rest is done by cheap hacks.

Look for the AJC print version to be a weekend only paper before too long.

he has joined the dark side.***

Jul 9, 2012, 2:25 PM

Replies: 24
| visibility 6,145
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic