Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miami Hurricane NCAA Scandal..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,398

Miami Hurricane NCAA Scandal..

Aug 1, 2013, 11:47 AM

If anyone wants to read

Last updated July 27, 2013
http://www.sportsoverdose.com/topic/miami-hurricane-ncaa-scandal.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami Hurricane NCAA Scandal... I'll be surprised if the

Aug 1, 2013, 11:53 AM

NCAA does anything else to them that is meaningful maybe just some window dressing punishment. After all the NCAA had hired the AD that oversaw this debacle for enforcement a few years ago. That guy has since died as I recall, but not likely from shame. I just think them going beyond the self punishment isnt likely given the botched investigation and the ill advised hire

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami Hurricane NCAA Scandal... I'll be surprised if the

Aug 1, 2013, 11:59 AM

Agree no one knows what the NCAA will or will not do, but with a coach being punished by another school for violations he is accused of while at Miami

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Miami Hurricane NCAA Scandal..

Aug 1, 2013, 11:55 AM

ya know...college sports is dirty and cut-throat. If offenders are caught and proven guilty, there should be punishment and it should fit the crime.

However, the ncaa (or any governing body) should not have the ability to string a school along for years on end without a ruling. If the case is solid enough for there to be a big-time investigation, etc...then the rest should be a formality. I know that is much easier said than done. I get it. But a school, team, NEW coaching staff, etc should not be dragging this around and waiting on the other shoe to drop. If the final findings and rulings are mild and the case turns out to have been weak...how do you undo the damage done?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This will get interesting....

Aug 1, 2013, 11:55 AM

There is no question that major NCAA rules violations were committed by Miami players and coaches for both football and basketball and for that Miami should face significant sanctions by the NCAA.

However, Donna Shalala and the Miami Hurricanes will attempt to use the NCAA's mishandling of the investigation as the basis for mitigating the sanctions although the botched investigation does not even remotely change the fact that Miami is guilty as sin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: This will get interesting....

Aug 1, 2013, 12:10 PM

This is where it gets tricky IMO. These infractions were commited by a person who is now in jail and was related to a staff which left the university years ago. So why should a roster and staff have to pay for violations which were committed from 2002 to 2009? The people who will pay the most for any infractions will be the incoming freshman at the U...they were as young as 6 years old when these infractions began. To punish them and the new staffs is preposterous.

The NCAA has long been viewed as a ridiculous governing body which has no clue what it's doing. This would be an opportunity to finally do something right.

The punishment will be directed at the University....

Aug 1, 2013, 12:18 PM

for failure to properly monitor and for a lack of institutional control.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The punishment will be directed at the University....

Aug 1, 2013, 1:58 PM

True, but it's still going to hurt the players more than anything, and that's not right.

As was mentioned before, they've self-imposed some pretty hefty penalties already. Hopefully that'll be enough. I want Miami to be good.

I agree......

Aug 1, 2013, 2:09 PM

I firmly believe in such instances, the NCAA should focus more on thopse involved rather than the school itself. Impose serious fines or lengthy bans fro mcoaching anywhere else.

It's similar to all of these MLB suspensions for using PED's. The use of PED's is not going to stop until MLB imposed a lifetime ban, similar to gambling, for anyone found guilty.

Re: I agree......

Aug 1, 2013, 2:19 PM

Agreed.

Re: This will get interesting....

Aug 1, 2013, 12:28 PM [ in reply to This will get interesting.... ]

Miami has admitted guilt and has self-imposed some pretty significant sanctions, including scholarship reductions and bowl bans for the last two years. They want the NCAA to accept the sanctions they have already imposed and take no further actions.

I suspect the majority of football fans agree with Miami's position in this matter, which just shows how much the average fan now despises the NCAA.

UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA SECONDARY VIOLATIONS SUMMARY

Aug 1, 2013, 11:56 AM

http://www.rolltide.com/compliance/pdf/VIOLATION-TRACKING-FORM-2012-13.pdf

Aug 1, 2013, 12:05 PM

byDoug Doughty
Wednesday, July 31, 2013

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleges/2114473-12/miami-football-faces-continued-uncertainty.html

"Miami football faces continued uncertainty
The Hurricanes are picked to win the conference, but may still be serving a self-imposed postseason ban as they await official NCAA sanctions for alleged violations involving a former booster."

Aug 1, 2013, 3:56 PM

Who picked them to win the conference? They were the consensus pick to win the Coastal but not the conference. That would be us.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Cleveland St 's' gonna REALLY get it this time!!!!***

Aug 1, 2013, 3:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hurting recruiting

Aug 1, 2013, 4:00 PM

Good grief how good would this U's class be without a black cloud overhead. Surreal .
Reduction of rides they can offer in the future is the only hope.
Miami is going to be a tough out. That game I saw in the Valley
was tough. One of the best games I've ever attended.
I think they come out unscathed . I'm no fan of the NCAA's lack of consistency in penalties.
As a Gamecock .
:)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,398
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic