Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Met Dabo for the first time Saturday - what a nice guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 4,016

Met Dabo for the first time Saturday - what a nice guy

May 18, 2015, 4:14 PM

I have had the pleasure of meeting several Clemson coaches - Frank Howard, Ford, Hatfield, West and Bowden, but until Saturday, I had not met Dabo. My son was in a baseball tourney and his youngest was also playing at the same park. I really cannot say how extremely nice, patient and kind he was.

My 9 year old daughter who is a HUGE Clemson fan talked his ear off. I mean they had like a 5 minute conversation and he was genuinely engaged - smiling, laughing and took time to take a pic with her and was asking her questions. It really tickled him when she said that unfortunately her daddy was a Gamecock, but she couldn't stand the Gamecocks or Spurrier.....as he could clearly see (since she was decked out in Clemson gear). LOL. It meant so much to her and she will NEVER forget it. I mean, you hear all of the time about what an incredible person he is and I never doubted that, I'm just glad I got to see it firsthand.

We really do have an awesome coach and I'm so proud of that. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's as genuine a guy as you will ever find.

May 18, 2015, 4:37 PM

So proud to have him as our Coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: He's as genuine a guy as you will ever find.

May 18, 2015, 8:42 PM

Yep. Tu

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's as genuine a guy as you will ever find.

May 18, 2015, 8:42 PM [ in reply to He's as genuine a guy as you will ever find. ]

Yep. Tu

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Met Dabo for the first time Saturday - what a nice guy

May 18, 2015, 5:24 PM

great but it is we're***

May 18, 2015, 5:27 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Met Dabo for the first time Saturday - what a nice guy

May 18, 2015, 9:30 PM

I agree completely. I met him for the first time at the Prowl and Growl and despite sitting there for what seemed like 2 hours talking to fans he was really nice and made sure everyone got their pictures and autographs before eating. We were some of the last people in line and there was no look of rushing us through a line or getting this over with.

You can just tell he is in a good place in his life and really enjoying himself. Some coaches seem to make things either all about themselves or just aren't ever happy. I like that Dabo just works hard and has fun while doing it. Can't ask for a better role model if you ask me. I would be very proud if my kids lived their lives like Dabo seems to.

Curious - since apparently your husband is a coot

May 18, 2015, 9:53 PM

does he think Dabo is a cheerleader and all the other crud gamecocks like to say?

I'm actually curious to hear the answer to that too.

May 18, 2015, 10:17 PM

Great story and tu to OP

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I can tell you first hand James William Swinney is the

May 19, 2015, 3:22 PM

REAL DEAL!!!

What scares me is the fact that so many people want to interact with him that at some point he may just get tired of it. "Not-so-little 71PR" is good friends with he and his family and Dabo sent my Mom a 100th birthday card along with an autographed embroidered, signed Tiger Rag. he didn't have to do it, but Mom is still a member of IPTAY and for him to do this goes way above the Call of Duty.

When I see him, I just say 'Hi, Coach" and keep going. If he wants to engage in conversation, he has the first move. There are so many who want to do that, but I give him space.

Tigerchick00, you know exactly what we all admire in CDS. I want him to continue to be the leader and at the same time enjoy what he does for Clemson.

Replies: 9
| visibility 4,016
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic