Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Met Coach Venables today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Met Coach Venables today...

Nov 15, 2013, 5:18 PM

(with beautiful wife) at Haywood Mall. Told him how excited I was about last night's win and really happy for him and the players as you could tell they worked their butts off with preparation and then playing so well. I asked him if he enjoyed being at Clemson...both said they love it! I wished him good luck...advised that we really need a win for the last game. He laughed and said he would make note of that...very nice & gracious couple. Hope we can keep him as a Tiger for many years!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this point in time he may be our most important coach.

Nov 15, 2013, 5:25 PM

He has really been the difference in the success of our season. I look at depth chart and what we have red shirted and committed and returning talent the future is BRIGHT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At this point in time he may be our most important coach.

Nov 15, 2013, 5:51 PM

I realize it could be another 2-3 years in building a D that compares to the 80s team; good things are worth the wait. By then Watson will have an O built around him. The future looks good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he's here to see the fruit of his labors down the

Nov 15, 2013, 6:03 PM [ in reply to At this point in time he may be our most important coach. ]

road...but if the alma mater comes calling, I cannot blame him for listening to the folks from Manhattan when Coach Snyder hangs it up. Hopefully Coach Snyder will stay on the Wildcat sideline for a few more years.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our AD needs to lock that guy down with a long term deal

Nov 15, 2013, 6:47 PM

at this point, i think he's the best coach on the staff. You can see the fire and passion transposed from that guy into the Defense....like night and day from the recent past. He is a hell of a DC. The only thing is what Bear Bryant said when he took the Alabama job and left TAMU, "Mama called....". If Snyder retires, KSU will be calling at least for the DC spot, i'd bet. It's time to throw some $$$ at him as far as i'm concerned, and an extension.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: our AD needs to lock that guy down with a long term deal

Nov 15, 2013, 7:04 PM

Thanks for the posting.

Glad he has time to spend with his family and very good defense last night.

I am a bit curious as to why he wasn't out recruiting. Maybe it is a dead period or no contact period but it is Friday and I would think he would by flying to a few games.

Nov 15, 2013, 9:27 PM

Spoke to Don Munson today and was told that the entire athletic department staff is off until Monday.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometime you get a couple of hours off after working

Nov 15, 2013, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Re: our AD needs to lock that guy down with a long term deal ]

16 hour days.

Nov 15, 2013, 7:27 PM [ in reply to our AD needs to lock that guy down with a long term deal ]

Agreed! The Tiger defense has improved so much from last year. Coach Venables has been nothing short of amazing in his handling and coaching these guys for the past two years.

DC with our offense is a thankless job.

Nov 15, 2013, 10:13 PM

Pretty amazing work last night against the bees.....especially when our possessions were running a minute or less. Even when our offense is hitting on all cylinders, the job is daunting. When it misfires, it must be hell on earth!

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic