Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Memorial Day is Very Special to Me
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Memorial Day is Very Special to Me

May 26, 2018, 4:43 PM

I will be at Edisto Beach all of next week and totally away from the internet. Memorial Day is a very special day for me. I have my wine which will be used to make several special toasts in this order:

1. My buddies and friends who made the supreme sacrifice, and their loved ones.

2. All men and women who made the supreme sacrifice, and their loved ones

3. The other three members of the "Fearsome Foursome:", ("Spoon", "Pollock" and "Bali") who returned safely, but are now deceased, and their loved ones.

4. All men and women who are currently serving our country.

5. And, to be a bit selfish, one to myself, as I thank GOD for these 96 wonderful years and bringing me back home safely from two wars.

If I had but one wish, it would be that there would never be another war.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1000 TU’s Joe and 1000 THANK YOU’s .......***

May 26, 2018, 4:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Memorial Day is Very Special to Me

May 26, 2018, 4:47 PM

Thank you for your service, Joe!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THANK YOU, SIR, FOR YOUR SERVICE!!

May 26, 2018, 4:47 PM

????????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 26, 2018, 4:48 PM

Love you, man...If you can do that many wine toasts at the ninth decade, then i will eat a high carb B'fast on Monday and do a few in honor of the Missing...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2018, 5:15 PM

JOE21 you the man! Thank you for your service! GOD bless you! Thank you for stories.
When I stand at Pendleton Elementary School and say the pledge You are one of many
family and friends I thank God for that served our country well. Thank you!

Message was edited by: Sportsfan®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2018, 5:22 PM

Joe, you are a treasure!
Thank you for your service!

May 26, 2018, 5:20 PM

Thank you Joe for your service & all your post.My wife & I & all her family used to go to Edisto beach every summer until they started passing. WE really enjoyed it. They were from Clemson. I'm only 85 and one half. Hope you have a great week.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have my own list of Viet Nam buddies who didn't

May 26, 2018, 5:39 PM

make it home alive that I have shared with people I know who were going to visit the Wall. Still shed a tear or two when I think back to that time and those who were lost and Memorial Day will be especially so. Enjoy the beach Joe.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have my own list of Viet Nam buddies who didn't

May 27, 2018, 8:44 AM

Every time I start to complain about the weight of my IOTV or Plate Carrier, I think about you guys who didn't have that luxury and how many guys and gals of my generation are still alive because of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Great post. That has to be POTD.

May 26, 2018, 5:53 PM

Have a great weekend. Thanks for everything.

Thank you Joe. Keep writing your stories. I enjoy reading

May 26, 2018, 5:56 PM

them. God Bless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your service! Really enjoy your posts Joe.***

May 26, 2018, 5:59 PM

May 26, 2018, 6:00 PM

I think there is to be a Memorial service tomorrow at the Ring of Honor near the football stadium. Doesanyone know the time?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Today

May 27, 2018, 7:29 AM

Memorial service is Sunday at 4 PM

https://wsnwradio.com/events/clemson-university-memorial-day-service/

“A service honoring America’s military dead from all wars is scheduled for Sunday, May 27, at Clemson University’s Scroll of Honor Memorial. The ceremony begins at 4pm and the community is invited to attend. The memorial service will feature the placing of a wreath, the playing of “Taps” and the dedication of two new stones on the Scroll of Honor Memorial. The stones represent Lawrence N. Meadors, Class of 1954, and John B. Mitchell, Class of 1949, who lost their lives while serving on active duty in the United States Air Force. The dedication of stones engraved with the names of these men will bring to 493 the number of heroes memorialized on the Scroll of Honor. Limited seating will be provided, so participants are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be cancelled.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joe, thank you so much for your service and

May 26, 2018, 6:02 PM

for being such a wonderful example for us all. You are a bright light...a source of wonderful wisdom. Thank you for sharing your life with us!

May 26, 2018, 10:57 PM

Couldn’t say that any better. Thank you Joe for your service.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

May 26, 2018, 11:01 PM

Thx and God bless Joe!

May 26, 2018, 11:17 PM

God bless .

May 27, 2018, 2:00 AM

Joe, I know I’m coming in really late on this but, please accept my appreciation for your service to this great nation of ours.
I’m sure this next week will filled with memories and deep emotions as you remember your comrades from the two wars you fought in.
Without people like you defending this nation, Joe, it would cease to exist.
Monday, I will pray for you and all others who have served this great country of ours.
May God bless you all, and may God bless the USA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you Joe...

May 27, 2018, 7:54 AM

You are indeed a blessing to us all. Thank you for your service and longevity. You can't hide good genes or the watchful help of angels. My Uncle James was infantry in France in WWII and my Dad was in Northern Africa and Burma. I miss them both dearly. Honorable men are honorable and harder to find today.

It should be special to everyone in America, Joe,

May 27, 2018, 8:49 AM

who cares about the principals this country was founded.

Because most don't today, or even know what memorial day is even about, they're going to learn in the near future why they SHOULD have.

May 27, 2018, 9:54 AM

Thank you Joe for your service and all those who gave everything for my freedom. Everyone remember to celebrate Memorial Day for what it is.

May 27, 2018, 10:26 PM

Thank you for your service time Joe, as well as your friends who are still here or have gone on. Appreciate all who have sacrificed for our freedom. Great post Joe. Happy Memorial Day to you.

Thanks you Joe and .....

May 27, 2018, 10:00 AM

To All the men and women who have, are and will serve this great nation of ours!

Thank you!***

May 28, 2018, 12:26 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2018, 8:46 AM

I salute you my friend. May God Bless you and continue to watch over you Joe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic