Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Memorable day for me today at Doak Field
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,075

Memorable day for me today at Doak Field

Mar 6, 2015, 11:45 PM

For starters, I managed to get off work so that I could make the game this afternoon and Raleigh. My seat was above the 3rd base dugout in Section 11, Row K- right beside Trey McCurry and his family. For those of you who don't know Trey, he's one of the main baseball writers for the Clemson Insider. Trey and I enjoyed a wonderful afternoon of swapping stories about the baseball program over the years. He even shared his insights about future plans for building projects the baseball program has upcoming the next few years. To top everything off, around the 8th inning concessions stand started selling everything (CFA sammiches, cheeseburgers, and hotdogs) for $1. Me being my poor grad student self, I loaded up my 01' Rodeo like the Zombie Apocalypse was coming tonight.

Wish I could've stayed longer to talk with Jack and the players, but suffice it to say I finally saw a new side of things by bonding with, and listening to stories from, fellow fans and families of the players. (There was even one young girl - a GF of one of our players - who drove up all the way from Anderson to see her man play!) Even hearing the players shout out to encourage one another on the field during the game, tackle Jack in the pre-game huddle, and look up towards me, smile, and shoot me a thumbs up everytime I yelled out a "Go get em' Reed" or "Atta boy Oak, good eye baby!" made me realize just how much fan love and support actually means to these kids. You can say what you want about Leggett, this program, or the style of play we have. But after today, you won't ever hear me bashing the wonderful close-knit family this baseball team truly is.

Wow. What a day. One I'm not likely to forget anytime soon. Go Tigers!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Memorable day for me today at Doak Field

Mar 7, 2015, 12:16 AM

Just think about this if you have ever bashed one of our players in any sport we have. 99.99% of them were asked to come and play sports at Clemson, and you will never see one play in a game unless the coach has put them in. And I can't imagine a coach telling a player to get ready to go in and the player say, no coach, I don't think that I'm good enough to go in and play. If you have ever said anything negative about one of the kids playing a sport for us, you were dead wrong, and you should feel terribly ashamed of yourself for acting like a prick, SERIOUSLY!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But some people won't give their fan support unless the team

Mar 7, 2015, 11:38 AM

is already winning. And argue like that's justifiable. Weird.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Great post*

Mar 7, 2015, 11:40 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Memorable day for me today at Doak Field

Mar 7, 2015, 11:47 AM

good post..U know know something of just how tight knit Tiger teams and fans are .. very special group!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,075
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic